Good P4 2.4C HeatSink + Fan?

jAcKeLPDW

n00b
I'm a relative noob at this fan stuff, but I decided I'd beef up my cooling abilites with my new christmas money. I have about 100 bucks and was looking for 3 decent fans for my case. I don't know about any differences between the 80mm fans, So I was thinking about just going with 3 of the thermaltake fan. For my CPU I was looking at this fan(THERMALTAKE DRAGON 478). I'm seeing all this stuff abotu fan controls and such, and don't know what the benefits are of getting all those doo dads that let you control temperature and stuff.

Any reccomendations? I mainly play games(Raven Shield UT2K3), and I'm just looking for something to make my computer run cooler and improve performance. :)

Thanks.

For that price, I would recommend a Zalman 7000 alcu heatsink for your cpu.

Don't get the TT Dragon heatsink. I doubt that it's any better than the stock Intel heatsink. Thermatake has much better heatsinks (the Spark series) for P4 CPUs. Or, as suggested above, get a Zalman CNPS 7000. That's what I use in the comp in my sig, and it's quiet even on full fan speed.

Whats the difference between the copper 7000 and the aluminium +copper 7000 besides the copper being more expensive?

Any difference between the Spark and Zalman stuff? I've heard more about Thrmaltake, so I'm more inclined to trust them, but if the 7000 is "the shizzle" then I would lean towards it.

Unless your really worred about a couple of degrees i wouldn't bother with the all copper one because of how heavy it is compared to the aluminum copper one.

I have the alcu version of the Zalman 7000. It cools great with very little noise on my overclocked 2.6C.

Back