Good news for Flash Hardware Acceleration

I think Adobe will fail in the end. HTML5 is really the future of the platform. Adobe isn't really bad by any means but its trying to hang on.

And? Flash has changed the face of the internet for the better. Or would you rather still have the 90s where page after page looks like something from a child's book?

If that childs book doesn't cause content corruption on older Intel GPU, then yes, I would.

Anyhow, I think Flash is mostly just advert crap, now. Disabling it only renders Youtube unworkable for me (HTML5 fixes that for a majority of videos I watch). Everything else looks normal.

I'd put my bet into Javascript/AJAX (souped up js) changing the internet more than Flash ever could. It's not like internet video was not around before flash. Flash just made it easier to insert adverts and "protect" the video source from downloading...(which it already does, but oh, well).

However, JS allowed client side interactive material, all those little text boxes we input info into at [H] (if you use any of the KB shortcuts, that is...), and finally.... it loads the stupid flash adverts (if so configured - it's how I do it).

ESPN 3 and many other pay for streaming services use flash still....

sure, and that might be the future of MS's HTPC and media center strategy, but for now.... the xbox360 sucks for local playback of anything but MS native formats...

also foxsoccer and many others use flash for playback of protected content to PCs. So it is great that you have a vendetta against flash but there are many people who use it for productive things on a regular basis other than ads

And? Flash has changed the face of the internet for the better. Or would you rather still have the 90s where page after page looks like something from a child's book?

Flash is only used for ads and Youtube. Youtube will ditch it sooner rather than later for HTML 5. This is one area when I praise Apple for attempting to rid the internet of flash. I use flashblock w/ Firefox and the web doesn't look like a childs book to me.

you obviously dont use MLB.TV, ESPN 3 FoxSoccer.com or other pay for streaming sites....

Back