Good keyboard for touch typing

sanj101

Limp Gawd
My current keyboard is good but ever since i went to the DT department in my school and tried their keyboards (stone by microsoft), I realised I could type so much quicker, easier adn even touch type way better. So I need some help on what keyboard I should get preferably in the UK eg aria, ebuye, ebay and others. I was considering a apple keyboard but can't really remmeber how well I typed on it.
Or am I saying complete nonsense as all keyboards are practically the same and that was just a lucky day.The keyboard i used wasn't thin button normal standard size but flowed beter and was less pressure needed to press a key down.
Cheers

Tough call really. I personally find the Microsoft keyboards pretty terrible. Or at least the ones that I've typed on.... My main keyboard is a Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard and it is pretty decent. I'm sure there are better out there haha.

I really want to get a new one ,the one im using currently is really annoying how the buttons are shapedthey have curves on the sides so you have to lift your fingers over much higher or you'll press two keys :mad:

The best keyboard I've ever used for typing is anIBM Model-M keyboard . They use real springs under the keys to provide tactile feedback and are built like a tank. I'm typing this on one purchased at Goodwill for $5 built in 1990 that still works like a charm . The key caps are removable so its easy to clean if you buy it used.

wev162 said:
The best keyboard I've ever used for typing is anIBM Model-M keyboard . They use real springs under the keys to provide tactile feedback and are built like a tank. I'm typing this on one purchased at Goodwill for $5 built in 1990 that still works like a charm . The key caps are removable so its easy to clean if you buy it used.

I love my Model M. I have one on my second system sitting here. It's about the only other keyboard I can use besides a Natural keyboard. I just wish I could get a buckle spring Natural keyboard. I'd be in heaven then.

Oh, my Model M is around 20 years old or so and still works great. They are multifunction too. It can be used as a lethal weapon, a keyboard or a bumper for your car. They are virtually indestructible.

I also praise those old IBM keyboards. I have used them for years, and still use them at work. They are plain as white paper, but as mentioned the tactile feel is first class. The springs are very high quality, and the keys make a clicky sound when you type, so you know if you actually pressed the key or just nudged it. They keys are also seperated pretty good. They aren't pretty, but they are awsome for straight up typing. Many of the older ones still used an AT connector, so you'll need an AT > PS2 adaptor. Many of the late 90's models got the extra Windows keys. They also keep the traditional size and spacing on all the keys which is also great for typing (like the arrows, enter, \ and delete keys). They also weigh several pounds, so they never move around on you, and have a nice angle for typing. And as mentioned they last forever....I've seen many 10-15 year old models still in day to day usage.

I have the Apple keyboard (current white one) on my Mini and I honestly love this keyboard. For $35 you get great quality and 2 USB ports. The only problem I have had was that I plugged it into the USB port of a PC and it would recognize it...so don't know if that was just isolated to my motherboard. If I could use it on a PC I would.....though the Apple keys are switched from Windows keys from what I've heard.

tnx loads guys
now i need to make a decision and make my mum allwo me to buy it even though it my money grrrr i h8 mums

Back