Good games to play at work?

chineseman

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title states, I'm looking for games that can be played during work when it gets slow at times. X-com:EU has been fantastic for this over the past few months but I'm getting bored of it now. At home I usually only play Dota2 but that requires way too much attention and a solid block of time which is the exact opposite of what I need. X-com was great due to being turn-based and being able to save and exit pretty much whenever. Interested in hearing what your favorite time-wasters are!

I play an RPG mainly, where I'm a Level 3 Server Manager. I'm currently on a quest to get an application server ready for Production. Although the main object of the game is to do your job and not get fired.

King's Bounty Warriors of the North - turn based rpg
Heroes of Might and Magic 6 - turn based strategy game
Civ 5 - turn based strategy game
Dungeons of Dredmore - turn based rogue like

minecraft is the perfect timewaster on a office computer!

It is the time of year where 1040 - Adventures in Creative Accounting is popular :D

Seriously, though I would go with a turn based game or card games since they are easily stopped and set aside ... some good turn based games were already mentioned and Solsuite (I am a big fan of 40 Thieves, the solitaire that Napoleon played during his exile on Elbe) and Mahjong Suite can be obtained pretty easily online (and are often on sale for $10)

Minecraft, Terrarria, FTL, Don't Starve, Plants vs. Zombies, Mount and Blade: Warband, any rythm based game like Waveforce, ect...

What do you do that you can have the time to do this, if I may ask?

Minecraft, Terrarria, FTL, Don't Starve, Plants vs. Zombies, Mount and Blade: Warband, any rythm based game like Waveforce, ect...

What do you do that you can have the time to do this, if I may ask?

I handle the international trading division of our company so a lot of times when the US workday ends, I still have to stay late at the office to handle crap that may pop up on their end. Since their workday begins when ours ends, I like to fire up a game from time to time. In this particular instance, it's Chinese New Year so I have more than a week of nothing so I'm bored which prompted this thread. :D

Is that the sequel to pocket pool? ;)

I just play insane amounts of solitaire or read a book on my phone. Can't really play games on my work computer.

No but it is actually the direct sequel to Mr. Pants 2000. A few years back Microsoft finally released the first official Mr. Pants game, but only on gameboy advance unfortunately.

Would Audiosurf fit your needs? The time required would be the length of the song you choose so it may work.

Back