Good for Air Cooling?

PsycoGeek

[H]ard|Gawd
How am I doing here? I don't think so bad, huh?

Case is an Antec SLK3700-BQE on a custom bottom filter box, dual Enermax 120mm speed controlled fans (both on their lowest setting drawing air out, one is in front and can't be seen), Abit IC7 with custom made MOSFET heat sinks, Swiftech MCX748-V P4 heat sink w/MCX159-P Northbridge cooler, CPU fan is a Panaflo Medium speed (92x92x25mm, 48 CFM @ 2450 RPM, 30.0 dBA) at full speed. PCM Nanotherm was used on the Northbridge and CPU. The snapshots are at Idle. Load temp doesn't go over 45C.

Temp_FSB.jpg

system1.jpg

32.5 dbA, is that idle?
well it dont matter, u gots good cooling :)

I think you mean 32.5 degrees celcius(I kan't spell). And yeah, that's idle (well, winamp 5.01 was running, as well as a popup killer, weathe watcher, DU meter, Nero IN CD, and one or two other little programs).

I checked the temp today immediately after bringing the monitor out of suspend and removing the screen saver... temp was 31.5C, and Abit boards are notorious for reading high. :cool:

Thanks for the comment though ST|FFY. Nice to see someone appreciate about 5 weeks worth of work and planning.

nice job, but what's with all the expansion cards? onboard not good enough for ya?

Originally posted by rogue_jedi
nice job, but what's with all the expansion cards? onboard not good enough for ya?

No, onboard isn't good enough, or didn't come with the board. Starting from the bottom up:

Adaptec 29160 U160 controller w/ 1 Fujitsu MAP3367NP U320 10K rpm hard drive attached (soon to have a Plextor 40x Max SCSI CD Rom too).
Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card.
USB/FireWire back plate (came with motherboard).
Linksys LNE100TX NIC (Motherboard doesn't have built in NIC).
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb Graphics card.

Also have a Yamaha CRW-F1E (IDE) and a Toshiba SD-M1712 16x DVD Rom drive (IDE) installed.

And thank you for the comment. That case is nice for wire management. Cooling too the way I have it set up (take notice most of the bottom of the case is missing- huge intake area).

-edit- Almost forgot, a Compro TV card is on the way too from Newegg.

Back