Good cooling for a Q6600 on asus P5Q Pro?

Sanada

n00b
I bought a Zalman 9500a for my quad 6600 on a Asus P5Q Pro but for some reason it doesnt fit tightly on my board. So whats a good heatsink that would fit my mobo?

I have a P5Q-E so it should be the same and the Tuniq Tower fits perfectly.

the 120mm xigmatek and ocz vendetta 2 are favoured on here regularly for people who dont wanna spend more on the TRUE120.. and yes they will fit your board.

OCZ Vendetta 2 FTW!

Yep, I love mine. Especially after 89 degrees ambient in my house today and still stellarly low temps on the Q6600. Made me want to strap one onto myself to see if I could cool down in the heat.

I have a Zalman 9700 cooler, and even with Zalmans thermal paste that comes with it, the tempratures stay extremely low.

The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 and OCZ Vendetta 2 are basically the best lower-cost coolers out there, and they perform almost as well as the top coolers like the TRUE, Noctua models, etc. Either one would do the trick nicely.

I have the same setup as you, q6600 and p5q pro, and I use the xigmatek hdt-s1283. It's pretty good, but supposedly the ocz vendetta 2 is a few hairs cooler.

im using the sunbeam core freezer and it doesnt really show much difference at idle temp compared to my zalman 9500 but ull see the difference at load..

Back