gonna do a review, post what ya want that i can do with my hardware.(AMD)

AtkinS

Gawd
I might need some help on doing the writing, ill try to get a friend to help me out tho.

Amd/Ati crossfire scaling up to 3 vga's, testing 790gx vs 790FX. well it will be about amd systems mainly!! and the chipset and motherboards, sb750 vs sb600, x2 vs phenoms in games etc!

Anywayz, ill list up the hardware I got:

Powersupply : Dual Pc Power & Cooling 750 Watts ( means 2x 1500 Watts 2 rail.)
Cpu : 1. AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 65 W Black edition
: 2. AMD Athlon 64 LE1620 45 W 2.4 GHZ.
: 3. AMD Phenom 9850 125 W 2.5 GHZ
Memory : 1. OCZ Platinium EP DFI edition. 800 MHZ 4-4-4-12 1T 4x 1GB
: 2. Corsair XMS DDR2 800 MHZ 4-4-4-12 2T 2x 2GB
: 3. Mushkin Extreme Perfomance 1150 Mhz 5-5-4-12 2T 4x 1GB
Motherboards: 1. Gigabyte MA790FX DQ6.
: 2. DFI Lanparty UT 790FX M2R
: 3. DFI Lanparty JR 790GX M2RS
Videocards : 1. Sapphire HD 4870 512 MB
: 2. Sapphire HD 4870 512 MB
: 3. Sapphire HD 4870 512 MB
: 4. Sapphire HD 3870x2 1GB
Cpu cooler : Noctua NH12UF
Harddrive : Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB 32 MB cache.

Bring on what you guys want. i'll list what i most certanly will do.
amd phenom 2.5 ghz vs 2.8 ghz x2. its said that phenom is 10% faster meaning 2750 mhz in X2 speed in games, and will the 2 extra cores help and so on, world in conflict crysis bench.

Please if its free bench tools link to download.
If i gotta buy them, name them!

I'm excited about what the µ-atx 790GX can do =) list what you guys want, I will have to split the benches up, and I will try to make videoreview about layout etc.

Starting off Motherboards.
game testing under works, some results are uploaded. should be done the 8th of november.

Ive started up with motherboard comparison.

I personally wondering about if the 790GX which is a microatx can stack up to the 790fx/SB600 combo in games and such.
We will also see how much better the SB750 is ;)

I also got some old benchies for 3dmark 06. added em, i tested S939 NF4 vs 790fx AM2.
Both 2mb cache 1000 mhz ht 2.2 ghz diffrent cores windsor vs toledo.
using office 07 to make my graphs, nothing special bout them.

3dmarkbenchescast1jg8.jpg

there you see the upcomming system setups im gonna start with, while my 790gx is in my comp be quick. i cannot do the corsair memory set in here cause of the noctua cooler is too big.
mushkin high mem speed vs low mem speed with the ocz can i do, if any1 asks.

There will also be athlon x2 vs phenom, and get a big nice amd chart in games etc,

Crysis Warhed is only $20 over at Best Buy now (Sale might end on Sunday). So that might be a great choice for some video card testing.

Anyway, since you have some time and quite a bit of hardware, here's a few reviews I'd like to see:
1) Real world gaming difference between X2 5000+, LE1620 (Just for laughs), and the Phenom 9850. And by real world gaming I mean using and playing through a real game (Not 3DMark crap). Don't use the built-in benchmark the game has. Test at resolutions of 1280x1024, 1680x1050 and 1920x1200.
2) Real world gaming difference between the OCZ RAM at 4-4-4-12 timings at DDR2 800 speeds and the Mushkin RAM at 5-5-5-15 timings at DDR2 800 speeds. Same definition of real world gaming as above.
3) Real world gaming difference between the OCZ RAM at 4-4-4-12 timings at DDR2 800 speeds and the Mushkin RAM at 5-5-4-12 timings at DDR2 1150 speeds. Same definition of real world gaming as above.
4) Real world gaming difference between the HD4870, HD4870 CF and 3870X2 at 1920x1200. Same definition of real world gaming as above

I got warhead and crysis 1 ;) and bench tool for it, does it differ much with Crysis_Benchmark_Tool and real world gamin, any suggestions ?.

done memtest to test the diffrent motherboards only done 790gx atm with dfi mem kit.

got world in conflict, grid, quake 4 far cry 2 fallout 3 ETQW AC All Valve games UT3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky. cod 4.

everest and si soft got a key to loan while doing this.

Planned.
Syntetic benches.
Everest mem | read write copy
Sisoft cpu drystone.
Sisoft mem bandwidth buff.
do a winrar compression and time.
3dmark vantage
3dmark 06
Lightsmark.

Gametesting.
Crysis 1.
Crysis Warhead.
Clearsky (this is a cool one for the LE1620.
Quake 4 800x600. mobo vs mobo cpu based test.

Got 1920x1200 display so no issues =) bought one @ impulse lol, bout a week ago. ruined my economy.

Forget the planned testing and go straight into the games. More fun that way :)

And there is a difference between the Crysis Benchmark tool and real world gaming. Usually Crysis Benchmark tend to score a little higher in terms of FPS, higher FPS that you would not see in real world gaming.

Forget the planned testing and go straight into the games. More fun that way :)

And there is a difference between the Crysis Benchmark tool and real world gaming. Usually Crysis Benchmark tend to score a little higher in terms of FPS, higher FPS that you would not see in real world gaming.

That deserves of a +2 for how true it really is

hehe keke.

I just need the syntetic benches for the mobo reviews. since i wanna see how the micro atx 790GX stacks up to the other ones. and that means some synt benches and alike, it takes no time anyways.

I also want to prove realworld gameplay ~ just 2% improvement with higher speeds.

Look at the bad boy i'm gonna review, videoreview will come, hope you like my norwegian british accent ;)
JR%20790GX-M2RS.jpg

Well here's an update, i do it so you guys can actually compare vs hardocp, im gonna ask kylie about how he does the other benches, like costum Q4 demo etc for mobo review (Realworld nah, not in Q4)

I bought sisoft bench last night and started just now, and saw interesting numbers.
I run x64 vista ultimate like HARDOCP.

anyways.

aluspeedcast1yc3.jpg

12253463914eWsKXoalU_3_22.gif

Look the phenom 9950 on the foxconn vs my dfi 790gx 9850 stock speed beating the 9950, well, interesting...

I guess there's not too much activity here, so i can do some spoilers =)
realworld gameplay comes.

Futher plans.
Obtain the Q4 costum demo (hopefully!)
WIC benchmark ingame. it is harder than the actual gameplay, but i know its a pain in the ass to miss the first nuke, so better have a "decent" fps on first nuke, very cpu based game, gonna try to make settings so it stresses gpu's aswell.

More yet to plan.
Special scenes in games, Name them, maps areas etc.

Well here's an update, i do it so you guys can actually compare vs hardocp, im gonna ask kylie about how he does the other benches, like costum Q4 demo etc for mobo review (Realworld nah, not in Q4)

I bought sisoft bench last night and started just now, and saw interesting numbers.
I run x64 vista ultimate like HARDOCP.

Kylie? You're not going to last long here....

[H]ard|OCP does real-world game testing for the same reasons that Danny Bui mentioned earlier. If you want to compare with them, the best way would be to find something (important) that they missed -- which is pretty hard to do, considering how thorough they are in their reviews. (Additionally, explain how you came to your conclusions... just telling reviewers that [H]ard|OCP did something "wrong" won't win you any new fans.)

My advice is: If you have a copy handy, try running some of your performance "benchmarks" on Windows XP as well. Many people still rely on the OS, and giving them an apples-and-oranges comparison will help many people determine whether or not they should stick with XP for their new computer. (Many people have already made up their mind as to whether or not they'll "support" Vista, but there are many more who are undecided in that regard.)

sure, i just try to contribute with amd benchmarks, since I and some other feels like amd is abit left out in the cold, conclusions is comming m8.
realworld gaming is also comming, i dont care if i get fans or not, just that my numbers are comparable with my, and actually that some can be comparable with hardocp's ones.

What they've missed, alot in some reviews, and gigabyte ma790fx DQ6, more to that later.
Overclocking testings, i got a good phenom and a good le1620 which can tests theese boards to their limit! where i also felt like hardocp missed something and didnt do quite right or wasnt satisfied with the results.

What i surely cannot, is getting multiply users opinion. if someone got same motherboards.
PM me about youre experience!

and this isnt full review, as you can see, just short listings of some quick benches, list what ya want, and well.

a guy who got a 3x4870 and wants to play DX10 games, is in practice almost FORCED to go to vista, I hate vista with all my heart, most terrible operating system ive used since windows ME.
lucky for us we had a choice with ME, 98 SE.

if you didnt know CFX is limited to vista.
DX10 and DX10.1 is also limited to vista.

and also, i havnt seen a dfi 790gx review who actually take this as main point:
How does it stack up vs for instance gigabyte 790fx dq6 and dfi 790fx m2rs.
its a dfi micro atx with dual PCI-E hard locked 8/8x PCI-e 2.0 and is a really exciting motherboard and I still dont see hardocp review a dfi, i (think) i know their reasons of doing so.
dfi 790fx m2r is a terrible motherboard.
dfi 790gx m2rs is a wonderfull motherboard
dfi xxxxx is terrible
dfi xxxxx is awesome, you just never know if it really work, high rma rate and cannot reccomend it to people. (what i think, correct me if wrong, my personal experience is included in this conclusion and the e-tailers ive talked to aswell.

don't like my testings, please say what i do wrong, and ill correct theese benchmarks.
do it another way etc.

And sorry if im not very formal in this thread, gotta work on it, the real reviews will be better finished in writing and system.
thx

the Q4 demo i mentioned and x64 is for the motherboard review part, its not easy to see, with my mind goin all around the place!
where they used Q4 800x600 for cpu testing for motherboard, but my motherboard testings need gpu games aswell, since its a hardlocked 8/8 pci-e motherboard.

Suggestions anyone. ?

First off motherboard review, i had plans on doing crysis warhead, but since ea's drm is a pain in the ass and i gotta msg them to get more installs.

so that will come...

Ill show what i got now on 2 setups done.
not much "realworld" here though, so comes later on when i move away from motherboards and start on my Crossfire/memory/vga review part, i'd like to do the motherboards and have the review ready by saturday I hope. post what im missing for motherboard tests!.

What i wanna test, well all you see below and test if 8x/8x for the 790GX is a issue, cpu memory sata usb etc.

47347521dn9.jpg

xxxsisoftmemcast2hv8.jpg

xxxsisoftalucast2cc8.jpg

FALLOUT3 1920X1200 2X MSAA UltraHIGH tried Vsync off seems not to work max fps :64, min fps says something bout 8/8x pci-e on 790gx ?
This game seems to lagg more and more the more you actually play it.
as its ever addicting, you probaly end up like me, playing it 12 hours, eating and running to youre computer.
Corpses(enemies killed) never dissapear it so seems like, which probaly is the issue here.
game also tend to crash once in a while, on multiply systems, big game though.!
xxxxfalloutcast2pj2.jpg

World In Conflict 1920x1200 Maximum ingame benchmark 4xmsaa 16X AF.
Here you will be able to play the whole game without many issues with lagg, playable.
xxxwiccast2sf9.jpg

xxxiomeetercast2xi6.jpg

xxx3dmarkcast2pe8.jpg

Just numbers for now. missing benches ? name. motherboard related to do till saturday as said above, rest will come later work next week.
i havnt slept the past 50 hours or so, time to go to bed.

Far cry 2 and crysis warhead still wait on benches from them 1280x1024-1680x1050-1920-x1200.
Highest playable.
If ea games can give me more installs that is.

And now i need a pci vga do flash my blue 4870, the red ones didnt like it when running CF so i guessed it was the diffrent bios versions, so i tried flash which failed.
Well even videocards are racists.

done-3dmark.jpg

IT failed 3x 4870.

done-lightsmark.jpg

doneeverestmem.jpg

done-sisoftmem.jpg

done-sisoftalu.jpg

done-fallout3.jpg

donefarcry2.jpg

done-farcry800x600.jpg

done-wic.jpg

1 more benchmark to come up, got 2 tests crysis warhead left.

Back