Going to finally beat Diablo2, best way for high res at this point?

housecat

Gawd
What's the best solution at this point for high res in D2? I have the retail D2 & expansion, never registered them with Blizzard for the DL versions. Not sure if I'm going to play on Bnet, but hoping to get a buddy to play through it with me with Hamachi + LAN so I can use the best resolution hack possible.

I use a 1920x1200 screen. Thank you

Use the higher res 800x600 option in Diablo2's options that they added with the Expansion.

Then set your video control panel mode to scale to full screen but maintain aspect ratio. Best you can do for such an old 2D sprite based game.

The game will be pillboxed in the middle with black vertical bars on each side.

Thanks for the suggestions.. I used that Multires patch. Works great! I prefer this game at 1440x900 on my screen. Doesn't look too zoomed out but makes the game look a little sharper and modern. Running Direct3D mode.

yeah i don't think you can use the multires patch on battle.net, but no big deal if you're on a LAN or going solo

I have 1440x900 reso and just used the 800x600 setting and an Glide wrapper, and it was stretched full screen and absolutely nothing looked stretched. Looked great except some enemies I could see before they reacted to me.

Back