[H]ard|Gawd
only one thing that i can think of and thats to hide ur CPU fan wire
you can drill a hole behind the mobo and run ur wire back their

kill_emma
Limp Gawd
excelent wireing job, no offense, but that case blows

lol another lian-li whore speaks his mind
damn sheep stfu

great case mate looks real good and clean dont listen to these sheep if its not lian-li or coolermaster they dont like it , there case-racist if i see one more pc-75 im gonna puke , they think its cool to get the same shit everyone and there brothers have , its not sheep! its veryyyy boring

Originally posted by ks_tidal
great case mate looks real good and clean dont listen to these sheep if its not lian-li or coolermaster they dont like it , there case-racist if i see one more pc-75 im gonna puke , they think its cool to get the same shit everyone and there brothers have , its not sheep! its veryyyy boring

Well of course you must have seen this question coming...What case do you have?

Also, have you ever owned or worked with a Lian-Li or Coolermaster?

I'll tell you right now, I've owned 2 Cheiftec's and currently have a PC-60. I've worked with Coolermaster cases many times too.

Thx so much for the pics. I've been trying to decide between either this same black Super Alien case or the Antec Sonata, and you've succeeded in swaying me one more step towards the Alien. Don't listen to any of these fools saying the case is gawdy or uber crap.....they're not the kind of people you want your opinions from anyways.

I've owned everything from a $40 beige beauty, to the "wonderful" Xaser2, to a LianLi PC65B, to the monolithic YY-0221 cube server case, to a nice little Shuttle XPC..........all in the past year or so, and I've loved 'em all.

As time goes on, I'm getting lazier and lazier, and I'm looking at some nice pre-mods more and more. You simply can't beat the X-SuperAlien for (pre-modded) looks and functionality. the fact that it already comes with a nice PSU and 6 LED fans (plus grills) really helps seal the deal for those of us on a budget.

I was also looking at the $90 (CDN) Raidmax Scorpio 868 midtower case but after filling it with LED fans, and changing the PSU, it's actually gonna cost me about $30 more then just plunking down $240 for the Alien.

All in all it's a very nice, functional case.....and you've done a great job at showing people the advantages to something this well built and spacious.

Personally, I'm a little more of a wiring nazi then most and I still find a lot of flaws with your job.....but it's fine non-the-less and the sideways HDD mounting really helps.

i have the black super-alienx myself , ive also had some other cases , and nope i havent owned a lian-li case , i perfer to be differnt from everyone else , i have seen them before , there nice i never said they where shiity , i said too many have em , which is true and alot of newblet bash other cases just because there not lian-li or coolermaster , its bullshit to put your case and have some fukkhead bash it just cause its not ol lian-li case that weve all seen 4000000 times , i myself wouldnt buy one if they was 9.99 not that i dont like them or think they ugly or crappy , just cause everyone else already has one .........
kstidalsdesktop.JPG

There we go...............someone with some sense to them. It's fine to express your opinions like tidal here has but remember, your thoughts aren't law, don't try and make it sound as they are.

Nobody is going to all of a sudden go sell their LianLi if you say they suck, bash them all you want.....nobody really cares. Half the time you case bashers out there just get left looking like idiots 'cus you're not really effecting anyones buying descisions, just making your extremely limited viewpoint known to all.

Originally posted by cornelious0_0
There we go...............someone with some sense to them. It's fine to express your opinions like tidal here has but remember, your thoughts aren't law, don't try and make it sound as they are.

Nobody is going to all of a sudden go sell their LianLi if you say they suck, bash them all you want.....nobody really cares. Half the time you case bashers out there just get left looking like idiots 'cus you're not really effecting anyones buying descisions, just making your extremely limited viewpoint known to all.

I hope I wasn't coming off as being a "case basher", because I have certainly owned all the types of cases that are usually bashed.

The one thing that just ticked me off a little was when Tidal said that he will never get a Lian-Li because he wants to be different. I have nothing wrong with that, but the part that made him look stupid was when he said he went out and bought a Super Alien premod. Now that right there, is definately not different.

Windows, UV/LED fans, fan grilles, lights coming out the wazoo...that is definately not being different.

I'm not trying to bash you, or say you're not creative or anything like that. I'm just stating that I don't think it's fair for you to call Lian-Li owners sheep when you yourself have a premod in all it's sheepish glory.

I'm not trying to bash you, or say you're not creative or anything like that. I'm just stating that I don't think it's fair for you to call Lian-Li owners sheep when you yourself have a premod in all it's sheepish glory.

Point.

I think we all understand each other here and realise that there is no right or wrong answer in a case like this (no pun intended).

Point.

I think we all understand each other here and realise that there is no right or wrong answer in a case like this (no pun intended).

Yeah, I'll let this die now, no hard intended from my end:p

Anyways Tidal, that's one nice workspace you got there. My friend has that desk and he seems to really like it!

And for SocceRich..I remember seeing your case over at Sharky's and it's still looking clean. I like what you did with the front to make the door glow:)

I've got one question for you ks_tidal.....can you give me some kind of link for that desk from where you got it? I wanna see if I can find something comparable in design/dimmensions for myself, I'm needing a new surfact pretty soon due to space contraints.

word. I shopped for a case for months and months. Was close to a Cheiftec... but in the end i decided to go with the X Superalien, and I love it.

Basically the X Superalien is a chieftec and in some cases lian-li case+. (not all models of course :)). I got all the features I wanted, all the premods included, and plenty of room to do all my custom mods to it.

No complaints.
btw. Lian-Li makes great cases, but .. if im spending $200+ on a case to be 'original' I wouldn't buy what 90% of [h] users buy. :)

A ferrari wouldn't be a ferrari if 4 of your neighbors had one ... :/

Set20_06.jpg

A ferrari wouldn't be a ferrari if 4 of your neighbors had one ... :/

I love that statement.....it gives you a visual and a feeling of what it would be like. Nice way of putting everything in black and white.

Originally posted by SocceRich20
I am very happy with this case. I'm glad I helped you choose the superior case.

Well, not quite. I ended up picking up the black Raidmax Scorpio case (pictured here at NCIX) instead.

I still like the X-SuperAlien but I needed something a little smaller in the end. Even if I'm gonna end up spending a little more in the long run to "fix" this case up.....it was a hell of a lot cheaper. Saving that cash on the case allowed me to get an 80GB Maxtor SATA hard drive with the stuff I ordered so I can finally ditch my 40GB 5400RPM Seagate. :rolleyes: :D

Thx for the pics non-the-less.....it still helped make my decision harder. ;)

I'll have pics up ASAP once I get my damn camera working.

Ya one of my best friends has a really nicely modded Lian Li case and frankly I'm a bit jealous.. lol. I guess that motivation for me to get up and make mine better :)

Originally posted by theNoid
Ya one of my best friends has a really nicely modded Lian Li case and frankly I'm a bit jealous.. lol. I guess that motivation for me to get up and make mine better :)

Whatever it takes dude. I know that's why I have half the shit I do.....just so I stay 1 step ahead of all my friends. ;)

btw. Lian-Li makes great cases, but .. if im spending $200+ on a case to be 'original' I wouldn't buy what 90% of [h] users buy.

very true , and some missed the point i wasent saying lian-li are bad cases i like them myself , good looking cases , but alot bash others for having a differnt case ,like the chedder that made that commect that got this started, *nice wiring job, but the case blows*why not just leave the case blows off. And i hate to break it to you but my pre-mod as you put it is a hell of lot more original then most lian-li cases , someone said no matter what fans lights grills you put in it dont make it a mod i have to disagree with that , i have most every mod you can have sides from taking adremel to a case and cutting it up a little, anything you put in a case that didnt come with it is a MOD!@ you dont have to cutt the damn thing up to mod it, who every said that crap is just plain moronic.

and for my desk it can be gotten at walmart for like 100 bucks i think

SocceRich,

Great job man. I just purchased this case and then I found this thread. Now I can say that I'm happy with my purchase. Btw, what exactly are you using as a filter for those front fans? Also, do you have any case temps with ambient temps? Thanks for the pics.

Originally posted by x10
Very nice! i like it...Very clean wiring job...

very clean

pre-mod but heh, you did it justice.

I like that a lot...Very clean and also I like the way you did all of your lighting...

Looks great, good job hiding the wires, I hate seeing people post pics of windowed, computers with wires everywhere.

Oh and maybe if you want to add a bit of flair get some heat spreaders for your ram, I believe you can buy a kit from thermaltake.

UPDATE

I added night pics, which arent so 56k friendly, at 1MB a piece, in their 5 megapixels of glory.

im on broadband...but i still dont like thos big ass pics since Im at 1024x768

i get pissed when I have to scroll all over the screen just to see a pic of a case. Resize them, people would enjoy it more

Originally posted by DaveX
Nice wiring but pre-modded cases aren't my thing...

Exactly, that is why you don't own this case. A lot of people label this case as 100% premod, but it isn't. I made the eyes glow, I would consider wiring as a mod, and I mounted a cathode switch. The only thing that came with it is the window.

Exactly, that is why you don't own this case. A lot of people label this case as 100% premod, but it isn't. I made the eyes glow, I would consider wiring as a mod, and I mounted a cathode switch. The only thing that came with it is the window.

I got to admit that the pre-modded psu is nice though.

Originally posted by DaveX
I got to admit that the pre-modded psu is nice though.

Thanks. It works really well, and the best part about it is that the fans on it can be lowered to just a whisper, and they are the same fans throughout the case. Once I get the time to put my Zalman Fan Mate on, I'll be able to make my computer super silent with all the fans down.

Thanks. It works really well, and the best part about it is that the fans on it can be lowered to just a whisper, and they are the same fans throughout the case. Once I get the time to put my Zalman Fan Mate on, I'll be able to make my computer super silent with all the fans down.

At least you've got the Zalman to make that a possibility. I've got the ALCU and the thing's freaking amazing. Props to you for a nice system and fairly decent wiring.

Yeah. I'm hunting for 3 pin extension cables so i can put the fan mate on the front of my case or soemthing, and not have to reach inside to change it.

Yeah. I'm hunting for 3 pin extension cables so i can put the fan mate on the front of my case or soemthing, and not have to reach inside to change it.

Fairly quick and easy to get ahold of if you ask me. ;)

FrozenCPU has got over 400 of 'em waitin' for ya. :p

Fairly quick and easy to get ahold of if you ask me. ;)

FrozenCPU has got over 400 of 'em waitin' for ya. :p

Bah. I can't see paying anymore than $1.00 for the wire. Maybe SVC will have a sale or something.

Bah. I can't see paying anymore than $1.00 for the wire. Maybe SVC will have a sale or something.

Convienience doesn't come cheap my friend.....and FrozenCPU has EVERYTHING. ;)

FrozenCPU is wayyy overpriced like buying things retail at circuit city but online......

i think you did a real good job with ur case
even tho im not a fan of those "Alien" case designs

@ SocceRich20: I have this same case & it certainly is not 100% "pre-mod". There are many many things one can do to this type of case. The fact some holes and what not have been cut is really irrelevant.

The root of modding is mod. As in modification. The defintion of modifaction is basically customizing something to fit your needs, tastes, wishes or desires. Or in other words, customizing something to make it your own, for whatever reason(s).

Every bit of customizing is technically a mod, regardless of how simple or complex, or the size and type of mod. A mod is indeed a mod, regardless of the details concerning it.

Whether or not someone considers what you or anyone has done to be a mod is pointless. The reason we all mod is take something and make it our own. Am I wrong?

I don't feel modding has gone "mainstream" either. I feel that more and more parts are becoming commerically available due to the fact that more and more people are tired of plain white boxes and want to make something that fits theirs needs and tastes.

Those who mod to brag, show off or otherwise try to have people "whorship" (for lack of a better word) their case or mod are ruining the reason why we mod. Like I've mentioned, we mod to customize something and thus make it our own in some way. We don't mod to show off or brag, and anyone who does shouldn't!! ... Just some ideas.

>::: End of rant!!! :::<

By the way, I will be finishing up my mods (on that same case) pretty soon and should have some pic's within the next month or so... << By the beginning of April at the latest.

- Joey \m/

Originally posted by Panzerkrieg
@ SocceRich20: I have this same case & it certainly is not 100% "pre-mod". There are many many things one can do to this type of case. The fact some holes and what not have been cut is really irrelevant.

The root of modding is mod. As in modification. The defintion of modifaction is basically customizing something to fit your needs, tastes, wishes or desires. Or in other words, customizing something to make it your own, for whatever reason(s).

Every bit of customizing is technically a mod, regardless of how simple or complex, or the size and type of mod. A mod is indeed a mod, regardless of the details concerning it.

Whether or not someone considers what you or anyone has done to be a mod is pointless. The reason we all mod is take something and make it our own. Am I wrong?

I don't feel modding has gone "mainstream" either. I feel that more and more parts are becoming commerically available due to the fact that more and more people are tired of plain white boxes and want to make something that fits theirs needs and tastes.

Those who mod to brag, show off or otherwise try to have people "whorship" (for lack of a better word) their case or mod are ruining the reason why we mod. Like I've mentioned, we mod to customize something and thus make it our own in some way. We don't mod to show off or brag, and anyone who does shouldn't!! ... Just some ideas.

>::: End of rant!!! :::<

By the way, I will be finishing up my mods (on that same case) pretty soon and should have some pic's within the next month or so... << By the beginning of April at the latest.

- Joey \m/

No offense but your post there has got to be one of the biggest loads of BS I've heard in awhile. Not only are a number of your statements incorrect, you're being overly judgemental and assuming too much.

Please do a little bit more thinking next time and look where you're posting.....FAR to many people around these forums would completely disagree with you. sometimes it's best not to say anything in certain situations.....this may have been one of those times, especially since this wasn't brought on by anything or anyone.

Back