Gigabyte's NVIDIA Grace Hopper Platform

erek

[H]F Junkie
"Gigabyte H263-V11 a 2U4N NVIDIA Grace Hopper Platform: At Computex 2023, we saw the Gigabyte H263-V11. This is the company’s NVIDIA Grace Hopper platform that fits four 72 core Arm CPU plus NVIDIA H100 GPU nodes into a single 2U chassis."

"The NVIDIA Grace Hopper is an interesting solution. Generally, today’s AI systems tend to have a higher GPU to CPU ratio. NVIDIA Grace Hopper is a fairly mid-range CPU with a lot of memory bandwidth and lower memory capacity. It then connects this directly to each GPU. It is certainly an interesting design, and in some ways similar to some of the AMD MI300 designs we will see next week (and have already seen.) There are still a lot of differences between how NVIDIA and AMD are approaching this market. Still, seeing systems with the Grace Hopper modules was really interesting. What is also interesting is that the price of these modules will mean that we would expect 90%+ of the cost of these systems to be from NVIDIA’s parts in a 2U 4-node machine."

1686091644378.png

1686091660871.png

Source: https://www.servethehome.com/gigaby...dia-grace-hopper-platform-arm-broadcom-intel/

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere but some performance comparison between Nvidia Grace CPU (total 144 cores) vs AMD Epyc Genoa 9654 (total 192 cores) vs Intel Xeon Platimum 8480 (total 112 cores)

What's missing here is $/performance/watt but Nvidia will likely to focus the value proposition of this product in terms power savings. I don't think the Grace cpu system will be cheap when compare to AMD (likely to be the cheapest in my opinion among the three) and then Intel.

1693582357692.png

I kid you not, I would be annoyed if Nvidia CPUs became available for consumers, but I would probably still buy one for my next upgrade.
Hopefully they wait until the tail end of the DDR5 era so I can get all the performance out of my current system before I have to upgrade.

I kid you not, I would be annoyed if Nvidia CPUs became available for consumers, but I would probably still buy one for my next upgrade.
Hopefully they wait until the tail end of the DDR5 era so I can get all the performance out of my current system before I have to upgrade.

Jensen is gonna do a Nvidia consumer CPU before her leaves, bet 😎👉👉

Jensen is gonna do a Nvidia consumer CPU before her leaves, bet 😎👉👉
I doubt a stand alone CPU but a some form of SOC, hell yeah I could see that.

Their Jetson systems already have a few connection options including SoDIMM.

I mean technically they are, the kits are available from the Nvidia store and a number of 3’rd parties.
The cpu on those SOC seem to be Arm Cortex-A78AE do they really count as Nvidia cpu ? Like the grace Hopper CPU are ?

Maybe by the time they do a Switch 3 it will be an all Nvidia SOC instead of a Cortex-xxx with a nvidia gpu.

Back