Gigabyte Radeon 5870 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuschelweich

Limp Gawd
Sold. Thanks!

Looking to sell a gigabyte 5870 OC (GV-R587OC-1GD). Purchased to mine with, but couldn't take the noise/heat so I've mostly used it for games. Going back to one of my nvidia cards now that I've no interest in mining.

Previous owner seems to have mined with it quite a bit as one of the fans starts to rattle when the RPM increases under load. Idling at the desktop or watching videos it doesn't produce any rattles. Besides being annoying it doesn't seem to effect the cooling as I've never had any issues with it getting too hot, but assume at least one of the fans may be on the way out. I drilled a tiny hole next to the fan shaft under the sticker on both fans for oiling purposes, which seemed to help with rejuvenating them a bit. Just felt I should mention all this for the purpose of full disclosure.

I've been playing bf3 and x-com for a few months on this card and haven't had any issues, going to play for a while tonight to make sure it's still functioning correctly and to get max temps after gaming.

Looking for 70 shipped large flat rate box(Med box is too snug for my liking). Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

UPDATE 4/18:

Just played through the whole second to last level of BF3 without a hitch besides the noisy fan. All high setting except one set on very high @ 1080p. Max temp reported by GPUZ was 76C. I'm in FL and the ambient room temp is 25.5C (78F).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back