Gigabyte R9 290X OC Windforce - $269 AR + FS

This is getting ridiculous. I was convinced three weeks ago $300 was going to be the bottom price this clean out was going to hit. It's a great time to buy a card.

Bring on da 390x and 980 ti.

$254, sell the 3 games for about $50 on eBay or clist and you've got a great card for $200!

Dammit. I just ordered the 290 for that price just yesterday. It arrived today already.

Dammit. I just ordered the 290 for that price just yesterday. It arrived today already.

While the 290X is a better deal, you gave up less then 3.5% performance..Clock your 290 to 1.1Ghz and enjoy greater then 290X performance by ~4%:p..

I am really thinking of getting a second card for X-fire...I can't see the 390X/980TI being enough for 4K alone @ 60 FPS with all eye candy, even if they come in @ 35~40% faster then the 290X/980..

I don't think we are going to see anymore then that, as AMD and Nvidia have to keep something in the tank for the next refresh. I expect us to be on this node for ~4+ years considering the trouble TSMC had getting with just their low power 20nm process...They cancelled the 20nm HP process since it was going to be behind the curve with 16nm FinFet coming online.

now 319. Love how the price is based on actual factors like supply and demand and not just pulled out of thin air.

The prices on 290X have been ~$300 (or less with MIR) for over a month. The Windforce, the DCII, the XFX, and I think it was the Powercolor, if you've been watching.

I know because I bought my 290X for $250 used and have noticed I could have gotten the same thing new w/games for $280...

now 319. Love how the price is based on actual factors like supply and demand and not just pulled out of thin air.

If they sold them at $400+ as fast as they were producing them (or close to it) then prices were set by supply and demand.

I think it's funny how cheap the 290x's are now. Even the 780ti's are pretty damned cheap if you can find one. And the OC'd models like mine and others are barely behind the more expensive 980's. I know the ti's cost a bit more and are more power hungry but who cares if it's raw performance you are after.

Back