Gigabyte G1 Assassin 3

While there have only been a few number of Ivy Bridge-E updated X79 boards since it's launch (X79 Dark, X79 Deluxe, and the RIVE BE, not launched yet but soon), I was very much interested in Gigabyte's new G1 Assassin 3 that was previewed about a month ago. However, I have literally heard nothing about this board since. Does anyone have any possible news on this board? Here is a pic of the engineering sample (I have to assume...heatsink design is definitely not final). I figured that if anyone knows more about it, this would be the place to ask. I have a 4820K waiting for a new X79 board, and I'm planning on rebuilding my PC in early November.

The only bit of info I have that may be related to the Assassin 3 is this little blurb from Techreport.com's review of ASUS's X79 Deluxe:

"Gigabyte, MSI, and ASRock are all relying on existing models for now, though at least one of those vendors has something special planned for October."

x79_assasin_2-665x886.jpg

I appreciate any input! Thanks

Although I don't really follow gigabyte mobos much, I can tell you that the Asus rampage 4 black edition is due to be either announced or released on October 29th, and honestly I'd take an Asus board over gigabyte any day :)

The black edition is their new x79 LGA2011 socket board.

I'm well aware of the Black Edition. Its probably going to be priced at like $499-549, which is insane. I'd expect the Assassin 3 to be in the $399 range.

Back