Gigabyte AM4 Boards (X570s Aorus Elite)

jlbenedict

2[H]4U
What CPU cooler (air) are you guys using on these type of boards?
It seems like these have very crowded VRM/power delivery portion around the CPU socket, compared to other boards like MSI Tomahawks, etc...
Deepcool bracket on the left side would not sit down flush, as it rests against the VRM heatsink. Feels like its needs another 2mm or so of space.

Maybe this is my excuse to go with AIO lol

I'll have to investigate those options 👍

Here is what I'm talking about -

20230322_133941.jpg

no wiggle room in that top hole? its so close to being fine.

I actually thought about loosening the VRM heatsink to see if it would give enough wiggle room..
(worse case.. I can take advantage of UPS / Amazon return and get the PA120SE)

The entire side of the bracket rests right against the VRM heatsink.

oh wow.. seems to be common ( completely missed this when researching :D )
1679615138529.png

Decided to not hassle with attempting to loosen the VRM heatsink. (not as [H] , and careless as in my younger years).
Good excuse for a Peerless Assassin 120 and Silver Soul 135 in route.

Any type of cooler that has brackets similar to these from the Deepcool AK500 are going to give this board problems, with how crowded the VRM sinks are. (I really wanted to give the AK500 a go as well... it's a huge, single tower hefty heatsink and nice appearance...)

What CPU cooler (air) are you guys using on these type of boards?
It seems like these have very crowded VRM/power delivery portion around the CPU socket, compared to other boards like MSI Tomahawks, etc...
Deepcool bracket on the left side would not sit down flush, as it rests against the VRM heatsink. Feels like its needs another 2mm or so of space.

Maybe this is my excuse to go with AIO lol
i have the liquid freezer II 360 but the mounting bracket sits on top of one of the VRM chokes(original liquid freezer was fine) but still contacts the cpu fine. just be cautious of any mounting hardware that is wider than the stock mounts.

I remember seeing a heatsink bracket hitting the left VRM sinks like that. The person took a dremel to the bracket's edge and started grinding till it was cleared. He did a clean job and after painting the bracket black, you'd never know he modded it. I'd doubt you'd want to do that, but just an idea. This is [H] after all

I remember seeing a heatsink bracket hitting the left VRM sinks like that. The person took a dremel to the bracket's edge and started grinding till it was cleared. He did a clean job and after painting the bracket black, you'd never know he modded it. I'd doubt you'd want to do that, but just an idea. This is [H] after all

Good idea!

Since it would be only a few mm's, it most likely wouldn't harm the integrity (strength) of the bracket.

Good idea!

Since it would be only a few mm's, it most likely wouldn't harm the integrity (strength) of the bracket.
Yeah. I'm sure you have a steady hand and you only need to remove very little. Just be sure you clean the bracket thoroughly as it may contain metal dust shavings and you don't want to kill the board.

Keep us posted!

Back