Gigabyte 8SR533P is melting!

Dekar12

Gawd
Alright not quite melting but the board was getting hot enough to give me a blister on my finger when I brushed it.

Where it is getting this hot is right between the two power connectors. There are like 3 tall caps, and then 4-5 mosfets that are pretty small. Also there are those copper coil things with the greenish circle in them.

The copper wire is what burnt me, but the top of the caps are getting pretty hot and the mosfets feel prolly just as hot as the wire (my finger doesnt fit between the copper and the caps to reach the mosfet, and i wasnt about to burn myself to test it)

Its running a 300watt psu (have tried a 400 with same results) with a p4 2.8 533fsb. This is at stock settings no voltages touched or anything crazy. The bios says the fsb is at 133, dont really know much about p4s. Anyway, I thought that maybe the cpu was just to much for the board so i lowered the fsb to 100 and dropped the cpu like 700mhz to a 2.1ghz cpu but the components are still getting that hot.

Is that normal for a p4 board? It is running prime95 and hasnt crashed in 6 hours.

Back