Getting ready for S.t.a.l.k.e.r

[CoF] ATOMIC

Weaksauce
I suggest you crazy mofos check out the new vids (some) that are posted on the
S.T.A.L.K.E.R website.

Simply put, I creamed my pants after seeing the DX9 video and the X-Ray engine's capabilities
(especially the glowing red radioactive goo). So this leads me to this conclusion:

It makes perfect sense why this game has been delayed so much. I mean, these videos themselves prove
why those damn Ruskies are hard at work attempting to release a top-notch game title that is
phatt and one that will level the current competition. So them delaying the release date another few months
back, just to have the game engine push the game visuals even further, is an OK excuse for me. Fair and square.

In my opinion, this will be the epic game of all games. Non-scripted AI, gorgeous never ending
surroundings and most of all the near perfect setting/atmosphere for a game that is based on actual events.
There's nothing more that you can ask other than a timely release and pray that your current hardcore
gaming rig will support this bad boy when it actually does hit store shelves.

I got my copy already on pre-order. Mmmmmmm

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this to. But the way you're hyping it, you're almost bound to be disappointed, regardless of how good it ends up being. Ease up.

finalgt said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to this to. But the way you're hyping it, you're almost bound to be disappointed, regardless of how good it ends up being. Ease up.

Indeed. I just don't want another "Duke Nuken NEVER" burden on my shoulders.

But, like I said, check out the videos and get back to me with your opinions on what you think, holmes.

[CoF] ATOMIC said:
Yeah bro. According to EB shipping listing, it's due out somewhere in late February if not March
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=61456
In addition, previously delayed PC title S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl has slipped further, and is down for an October 2006 release at the earliest.
ouch :/

Dont get me wrong either, stalker looks like a great title both online and offline, I just dont want to get my hopes up because it seems by the time it comes there will be other games just or even more impressive.

Since when do people mutate into 3 jawed zombies after a nuclear powerplant goes well.....nuclear?

I agree, ti does look amazing. But I'll get hyped when it hits store shelves.

I think one of the coolest bits of news to come out recently about STALKER was that they added in tons of fan submitted stories & jokes for the other AI stalker's to tell around their campfires at night (literally).

Polish Ninja said:
I think one of the coolest bits of news to come out recently about STALKER was that they added in tons of fan submitted stories & jokes for the other AI stalker's to tell around their campfires at night (literally).

That's pretty cool.

I am curious to see what final requirements for this game are going to be though. I mean I think I've got a pretty hardcore rig but who knows, by the time this thing comes out my 939pin AMD 3500+ may be too weak to handle it.

I'm hoping by the time it comes out I'll have my second video card and be running SLi and have at least 2 gigs of ram. Right now I'm only running 1 gig.

I've been following it for years.

I just wish they wouldn't have taken out vehicle maitence/damage.

i played the MULTIPLAYER BETA for this game and was not impressed at the least bit. The surrounding and environment and rather ugly compared to HL2, DOOM 3 etc, the guns also seed to be very inaccurate and they sounded nothing like the real thing. But then again it was a BETA.

Stiler said:
I've been following it for years.

I just wish they wouldn't have taken out vehicle maitence/damage.

um, one of the videos was talking about vehicles specifically and how you would have to keep them fuelled up and repair them...

anyways, i almost forgot about this game entirely, after watching the vids i'll definitely keep an eye out for it now...

I have waited since last year for this game. I want to play it now !!!, also I upgraded to my current pc in my sig to play this now I have to upgrade again to play this on maxed out settings :mad: .

It better come out late 06. :mad: :mad:

logan1 said:
i played the MULTIPLAYER BETA for this game and was not impressed at the least bit. The surrounding and environment and rather ugly compared to HL2, DOOM 3 etc, the guns also seed to be very inaccurate and they sounded nothing like the real thing. But then again it was a BETA.

That's because the beta didnt include dx9. The level design is 2nd to none imo

No matter how much one disregards the "hype", if it turns out to be crappy, dont worry a new crop of AAA titles will surface and if the community uproars enough patches will fix a bunch of things.

As far as getting ready for it...I think I'm gonna have to start saving up for some SLI 8800GTX cards with 1024MB of GDDR4, an Agiea Phys X PPU card and an FX 70 to run on my future 2405FPW monitor.

Damn meta...check your attitude.

=Vector= said:
um, one of the videos was talking about vehicles specifically and how you would have to keep them fuelled up and repair them...

anyways, i almost forgot about this game entirely, after watching the vids i'll definitely keep an eye out for it now...

And that video is old, over a year +.

Stiler said:
And that video is old, over a year +.

oh....thought those ones were new...like i said, i haven't been keeping up with this game really at all

I remember when Half-Life 1 came out. I had knots in my stomach because I didn't want anything more for Christmas than I wanted HL1.

I also have not had those feelings for any game since HL1.

Well, I've got those same knots for STALKER. This game impresses me like HL1 did a long time ago.

Moose777 said:
I am curious to see what final requirements for this game are going to be though. I mean I think I've got a pretty hardcore rig but who knows, by the time this thing comes out my 939pin AMD 3500+ may be too weak to handle it.

I'm hoping by the time it comes out I'll have my second video card and be running SLi and have at least 2 gigs of ram. Right now I'm only running 1 gig.

If this was really the case than the game would only sell 100 copies (joke). But seriously though I think it is a little much, if game designers make a game so graphically powerful that only a handful of people can play it would be beyond ridiculous.

IMO at 1gig and a 9800 pro should be at least "medium" settings for PC games nowadays.

Back