Getting laptop, now I need a good bag

Geshtar

Limp Gawd
I just got in on that $750 off dell laptop deal, and now I need a good bag to go with it. I am a student and am thinking an over-the-shoulder/messenger type bag is what I want, but I have not found too much in my initial searches that look good.

Most seem like they have too little depth to hold all my books and binders. The only one that looks sorta ok so far is the Seattle Messenger from Trager, but it doesn't have a laptop section, so I would have to get something separate to protect my laptop.

If any of you have a good setup or know of any good bags that might fit what I am looking for, lemme know. I'm guessing that a depth of 10 inches or greater is what I need.

Thanks in advance.

# Features: Adapter tips
# Airline Adapter
# Automobile Adapter
# Business card holder
# Convenient Carrying Case
# Double-stitched seams
# Durable construction
# Mesh pocket
# Nickel fittings
# Removable - spill-proof pouch
# Single Power Source
# Six-sided foam protection
# Specially designed pockets
# Universal Notebook Power Adapter
# USB charging ports

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=TPC1900P

http://www.spireusa.com/ -Aslo has nice bags, they have something called the boot that its a hard shell that fits around your notebook. Not to mention that fact that there is also a laptop compartment in there bags.

i don't mean to thread hijack... but it doesn't look like any of the crumpler bags have external pockets?

Thanks for the info guys.

Those crumpler's look pretty interesting (the "Very Busy Man" and the "Crips Suit") but as I've been reading, several reviews have mentioned that the strap is always twisted....which just sounds odd. Does it bother any of you that have them?

I like my Kensington (SP?) Saddle bag, I have replaced it under the lifetime warrenty because I carried and iBook and my Sager in it and it walked over 8 miles and started to rip on one side. They just sent me a new one. It was really nice. I would recommend it to any one. My personal pref and choice the lifetime warrenty is great. :D

Geshtar said:
Thanks for the info guys.

Those crumpler's look pretty interesting (the "Very Busy Man" and the "Crips Suit") but as I've been reading, several reviews have mentioned that the strap is always twisted....which just sounds odd. Does it bother any of you that have them?

My strap on the very busy man is fine...I should warn you though, that this is a very large bag. I imagine the crisp suit would be absolutely enormous. I am 6'0, 195 pounds and the bag looks big on me. If I could, I would switch to the one a size below, but the place I bought them from doesn't carry that model in the size I want. Still, I'm very happy with my bag. It fits EVERYTHING I could want to carry in it. My MP3 player, a pair of large headphones, my laptop, my notebooks, textbooks, calculator, etc.

xps backpack.

love it and got from ebay.

I usually have at least 2 books and about 1-1 1/2 inches of notes/folders in it.

I'm strongly leaning toward the "Very Busy Man" but I think I'm gonna try to see it in person before I actually go and get it since its such an expensive bag ($116 on ebags). Thanks again.

Back