getting an NMB WTX power supply, how to mod to ATX?

LadyJaqie

I Have No Title
okay in a deal with a friend im getting a used case with a WTX power supply.

nmb.jpg

uhm... how can I, if I even can, mod it to standard ATX? is WTX plug somewhat like ATX? All I remember is that WTX is what the tyan thunder MPX took...

note: I dont want to permanently mod it... just make an adapter or maybe even buy an adapter for it. I do know how to solder.

oh, before you complain about me hot-linking an image, he hosts MY internet site / web server, so Idint see any difference between linking to his image and copying the image to my sites' directory and linking from there, except having a redundant image on the server.

http://wired.hard.ru/pin_Power.shtml

That's got pin-outs of all the WTX connectors, be aware that the some of the colors are not standard.

The 24-pint connector can be used, with 2 pins hanging off of each side.

Out of the p4/5 connector, you'll take 2, white +12v and 2 black grounds and make a P4 connector, that is if it's necessary. I don't have a picture of the shape of the connector, so it might already be the correct type. Pics would help immensly.

From the p3 connector, you won't need to take anything, except if there are sense lines, which may or may not need to be connected.

from the p2 connector, you'll take the sense lines, powersupply OK, PowerSupply ON, -12v (if you want, it's not really necessary).

from the p1 connector, you'll grab some +5, +3.3, and ground lines, along with the +5 standby.

So, the adapter will look like this:
beauty.JPG

thanks a ton for helping!

:confused: looks very...complex to me... Im such a blonde at heart... but I remembewred the hardwarebook, I love that place. with pinouts I may be able to figure it out myself, thanks for pointing me to that stuff!!!

I guess ill just go ahead and mod the thing cuz Ill never be getting a tyan thunder MPX... I do want a tiger MPX tho, how ironic...

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute...
this has TWO seperate 12v rails...

would it be a good idea to mod it to use the second rail to run half hard drives?
im running a 10xSCSI drive setup...

im afraid the uncommon rails may equal to some burnt components :(

I belive that the two sepearate rails are already wired so that the CPU/mobo is getting power from one, and the drives and peripherles are getting power from the other.

a lot of ATX/WTX etc psu's designed for servers have 2, even 3 +12 rails...

look @ newegg, the fortron 530watt psu has 2x 12v rails...

Back