Get your core solo duo ching wong on, Intel!

Woop woop! Apparently Intel is changing it's logo (See: Anandtech). They're changing their logo into: http://tinypic.com/ftfxnc.jpg I don't know about you, but it looks to me like the new logo looks like the end of a broom handle. I don't like the curves. It needs to be more straight-edged. I liked the old Intel logo better, because it looked like I could cut my finger off if I ran my finger over it (And I love the AMD logo. I wouldn't have a finger in that case!) and that was a good thing! Curves on a case badge? It's going to look terrible! But, no, the "sleek" new Intel font isn't too impressive, to me. They didn't really do much with their logo, really. I was actually very excited to see some new, hardass design, even if I'm an AMD guy, but I was let down. :(

Anyone else see the new logo?

Intel is going to be taking the name game to the extreme by calling their Single-cores "Core Solo", and their 2+ cores "Core Duo." Call me crazy, but I'm going to be lmao at the guy who says "Oh ya I run a Pentium Duo." It just sounds funny!

Alright, I don't know how legit this news is, but I hope it isn't true! We'll see.

holy dynamic dou batman!

As long as their fast and reasonably low power I dont' care what logo they slap on them.

FUGLY! :mad: It looks like someone smashed their heads in with a sledgehammer... :eek:

They need to be more concearned about trying to make new quality chips instead of logos.

I want to know how they trademarked the word "core." That's just ridiculous.

CORE CORE CORE INSIDE INSIDE ARREST ME INTEL AHHAHAHAHHAHA

the letter M(tm) is a registered trademark of Disney now....

Atleast the chip performs good, then its all good, the logo don't concern me much, but it does look abit ugly when compared to those older one such as the P3 and p4.

Core = Yonah ?

is that what all the new chips 2nd half of 2006 will be as Netburst (P4) starts to die..... Core will take over?

You guys are probably taking this way too literally. Intel, if they even made this image, probably used the word Core as sort of an "insert name here" placeholder.

xonik said:
You guys are probably taking this way too literally. Intel, if they even made this image, probably used the word Core as sort of an "insert name here" placeholder.

Agree, the top 3 look like templates for all of the logos below them.

I wonder what Intel V//V means?

As long as they're just as easy to peel off the case as their previous stickers, I don't care. :p

Lol, if I had a dual processor intel and needed a case badge, that would definately be it :D

Back