Get your 9590 amd 9370 at Tiger direct today

LOL is right I would get the AMD FX-9370 if it didn't start my motherboard on fire......AMD must of been reading this forum when they said the most I would pay is 320.00 it's listed at 319.00 =)

I have to see the wattage first....

All I need to see is that Logan guy pimping these things on a youtube video. Or that kid from Canada Linus

Last edited:
220 watt TDP, wow.
That gives my GTX480 a run for it's money.

Well hopefully this ups the competition with Intel.

220 watt TDP, wow.
That gives my GTX480 a run for it's money.

Well hopefully this ups the competition with Intel.

I bet they will sell like crazy in Greenland. As for those guys in research stations down in Antarctica, i am sure they 're already opening champagnes and googling to find who makes overseas deliveries. :D

I can't wait until you fry a budget Asus with a 220W CPU.

I think he will be ok. I know my sig says stock and undervolted but for the last few months ive had mine at 4.5 @ 1.440 volts running folding@home 24/7. Stays about 52-54c and my cheap gigabyte 990fx ud5 does just fine. I hate to look at my power draw but I know its way more than 220w. I'll check its draw later today under full load when I get time.

I think he will be ok. I know my sig says stock and undervolted but for the last few months ive had mine at 4.5 @ 1.440 volts running folding@home 24/7. Stays about 52-54c and my cheap gigabyte 990fx ud5 does just fine. I hate to look at my power draw but I know its way more than 220w. I'll check its draw later today under full load when I get time.

I don't really see your UD5 as a cheap board. A budget board in my opinion is sub $100. Chances are its not setup for a 220W chip.

I can't wait until you fry a budget Asus with a 220W CPU.

Its a Gigabyte board in the pic, not Asus...

Anyway, my 'cheap' UD3 has held up just fine since the Bulldozer launch with my massive 8120/8320 overclocks (4.6 and 4.8 GHz most of the time, all day everyday). These new chips pull substantially less power. There shouldn't be a problem with that UD5 as long as it gets decent airflow.

I wonder how much overclocking headroom the 9370 has. 220w is high, but they can go quite a bit further.

Last edited:
I just noticed that Tigerdirect shows these as having 16MB L2 and 16 MB L3 cache, double previous FX chips. I don't recall that being mentioned previously.

Seems to confirm that these aren't just cherry-picked Vishera's, right? I wonder why they didn't launch a refresh of the whole FX lineup.

I just noticed that Tigerdirect shows these as having 16MB L2 and 16 MB L3 cache, double previous FX chips. I don't recall that being mentioned previously.

Seems to confirm that these aren't just cherry-picked Vishera's, right? I wonder why they didn't launch a refresh of the whole FX lineup.

I was just going to mention that too. 16mb of L2 and L3. the others are 8mb l2 and l3

I think that is a mistake... They may have had a basic specsheet with '16mb cache' and they just copy-pasted that number to both L3 and L2...

Ive posted this before. I just checked again. My 8350 @ 4.5 1.440 volts (less than that under full load 1.424) draws bounces between 341-345 with Intel Burn test stressing it. That test makes my water cooler fans really ramp up. More so than folding@home ?? The new chips should be a lot less. You would think anyway. Im sure most all MB's will take it. How long they run is anyones guess.

I honestly doubt they will review them, would be nice to see, amd partnered with the site for the live events, I imagine there is a connection.

Crazy, I wasn't expecting to see these in a well-known retail store so soon. But here it is. Unfortunately, it still seems off... more cache, that would be a bonus I suppose to buying a more expensive AMD chip... if it helps with performance.

What I also don't get, is I thought the 5ghz was the Turbo speed, yet I don't see that here on the Tiger Direct page. Seems like it was just thrown up... they don't even have a picture of it.

I'd still like to know if these come with a stock cooler, no cooler, or some type of water cooling, since, you know, it's a 220w TDP

Ha.. not worth it, but you could imagine these are premium chips that might have some more head room to overclock. I hope 28nm steamroller overclocks well when It comes out next year for desktop, either way I like that amd has 'some' care for the enthusiast than just mobile.

And $800 is LOL

The FX-9370 seems to be priced reasonably at $319. The $830 FX-9590 I really hope this chip justifies its price. Does the high price tag come just because this is the only 5Ghz turbo chip and it will do well in video encoding, VMs ... versus the competition stock against stock or does it have some real overclocking ability? 6GHz possible?

The FX-9370 seems to be priced reasonably at $319. The $830 FX-9590 I really hope this chip justifies its price. Does the high price tag come just because this is the only 5Ghz turbo chip and it will do well in video encoding, VMs ... versus the competition stock against stock or does it have some real overclocking ability? 6GHz possible?

$830 is approaching 3960x territory... they don't even want to go there. This chip shouldn't even be in 3930k territory.

Back