GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Core Review Round-Up

Hmm, limited edition? Ouch. nVidia plans on these to be sold out in 6-8 weeks and that's it - single run. I've been waiting on this card too. :( I sure hope these don't get price gouged.

I don't really see how they could price gouge with the difference between it and the 570 being so small.

Still waiting patiently for next gen cards :(

I'd very much lile to get back to having just a single GPU, and none of the current GPU offering could offer a big upgrade from my GTX 295

in SLI, there would be enough power to push 2 GB in those 560 ti for high settings. Gtx560-448 definitely more powerful but stop at 1.25 GB.

That depends on how you tune details in the game.

Fair enough, in SLI it could get more interesting.

I still feel that people are worrying too much about VRAM lately. It's only really relevant when you're running multi monitor setups. Everybody likes to talk about how BF3 is using all their VRAM, but that doesn't mean it's hurting their performance. The game loads things into memory before you need them and unloads something you don't. You don't get to the point to where you actually need all that memory at once until you're running uber resolutions.

I've got the evga classified model shipping to me right now. At it's default clock speeds it is matching the 570 in performance, and after a couple of reviewers overclocked them, they were running only a couple of frames behind the 580 on average.

I wish the hsf made better contact with the gpu on this particular card though. There are gaps between the heatpipes as shown in this picture.

3NS3l.jpg

I've got the evga classified model shipping to me right now. At it's default clock speeds it is matching the 570 in performance, and after a couple of reviewers overclocked them, they were running only a couple of frames behind the 580 on average.

I wish the hsf made better contact with the gpu on this particular card though. There are gaps between the heatpipes as shown in this picture.

3NS3l.jpg

man this gtx 560 is HUGE !

570 -> 580 is quite a handsome leap, even 570@850MHz (common stable oc) doesn't catch up with a stock 580. Claiming a hobbled 570 with oc is nearly matches a 580 is stretching it a bit. There probably are some titles where it's true at lower rez, but others at 2560 definitely not. I'm not trashing the 560Ti448, but let's not pretend it's a 580 replacement ...

Last edited:
FYI, I have been watching for the Classified edition most of the night. I searched the PN on Google for the Nth time and found the card on NewEgg. Their site search doesn't show it yet:

eVGA FTW:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130738

eVGA Classified:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130739

The FTW edition is cheaper on Amazon, but the Classified has been OOS all day. Holding onto my pre-order in case something going wrong at NewEgg.

I need some Opinions I have a Gtx460 768mb and looking to upgrade for BF3 @1920x1080 or 1920x1200.

I have a Newegg $40 GC from google offers a couple days ago, so looking at 299-$40=$259 with actual out of pocket being $279+5 for shipping. Or save Newegg GC and go Amazon route and get Batman Arkham City and sell on ebay for $30 then total out of pocket is $269.

Or should I just wait a bit longer...like christmas or early next year?

FWIW I can get by playing bf3 now @1920x1080 on all low settings with medium post processing.

I'm not trashing the 560Ti448, but let's not pretend it's a 580 replacement ...
I agree completely. I didn't mean to imply that it was.
*edit*
At the resolution I use(1920x1080) this card is right on the heels of the GTX 580 when overclocked, and costs $200 dollars less.
qn33m.jpg

B32ww.jpg

7y9dB.jpg

man this gtx 560 is HUGE !
It is the pcb from the gtx 480, confirmed by evga employee's on their own forum. They said that the nice gtx480 backplate they sell seperately will fit it also.

Last edited:

It is the pcb from the gtx 480, confirmed by evga employee's on their own forum. They said that the nice gtx480 backplate they sell seperately will fit it also.

Isn't it just great that everything can be recycled / not wasted both on gpu and pcb?

very well thought...!

At the resolution I use(1920x1080) this card is right on the heels of the GTX 580 when overclocked, and costs $200 dollars less.

Agreed, same reason I use a 570 for my 1920 panel. Mmm, 900MHz on these chips is a little tough on 570 VRMs, so these may get an edge actually if they are using 480 VRM setup.

570 -> 580 is quite a handsome leap, even 570@850MHz (common stable oc) doesn't catch up with a stock 580. Claiming a hobbled 570 with oc is nearly matches a 580 is stretching it a bit. There probably are some titles where it's true at lower rez, but others at 2560 definitely not. I'm not trashing the 560Ti448, but let's not pretend it's a 580 replacement ...

Well, if you assume that the number of SP's scale linearly, and ignore the VRAM speed for a moment, as it complicates things, the following GPU's would run at GTX580 level of GPU performance at the following clocks:

560TI (384 sp, 822Mhz): 1030Mhz
560TI (448 sp, 732Mhz): 882Mhz
570 (480sp, 732Mhz): 823Mhz

The slower cards are going to be RAM limited a lot quicker than the GTX580 though, but the above is all it really takes to match the 580 GPU comptutation wise.

My old GTX 470 used to run stable all day at 875Mhz (in DX9 and DX10 titles) which put it within less than a percent of a 580 GPU wise. The highest stable RAM clock was 2000(4000ddr) though, and that only got it to within 17% of the 580, which limited its performance.

In DX11 titles it would run much hotter, and OC less.

A900MHz on these chips is a little tough on 570 VRMs, so these may get an edge actually if they are using 480 VRM setup.
The classified board has a 6 phase pwm and requires a 6+8 pin power connection. I almost bought the Gigabyte model because they make nice, custom pcb's, but they only use a 5 phase pwm/6+6 plug configuration, like all the other manufacturers.

Gigabyte 560Ti 448
RuEwF.jpg

Classified
yzRTl.jpg

The classified board has a 6 phase pwm and requires a 6+8 pin power connection. I almost bought the Gigabyte model because they make nice, custom pcb's, but they only use a 5 phase pwm/6+6 plug configuration, like all the other manufacturers.

This is the same reason I also got the classified (should be here soon). Though the FTW edition uses the same 6+8 plugs as the Classified, but has a shorter PCB. Not sure if it has the same 6 phase power or not, but it has the same stock clocks.

Either way, I tossed the extra $10 for the extra cooling and PCB / components.

Zarathustra[H];1038096718 said:
Well, if you assume that the number of SP's scale linearly, and ignore the VRAM speed for a moment, as it complicates things, the following GPU's would run at GTX580 level of GPU performance at the following clocks:

560TI (384 sp, 822Mhz): 1030Mhz
560TI (448 sp, 732Mhz): 882Mhz
570 (480sp, 732Mhz): 823Mhz

Right, you can't ignore vram bandwidth, as the 580 has a significant bandwidth advantage that none of the lesser cards can match.

*edit*
qn33m.jpg

B32ww.jpg

7y9dB.jpg

So the bottom line is, overclocking a 560TI with 448 puts it on par with a 580 stock? Why bother paying the extra ~$200 for a 580 then?

This is the same silliness where someone takes a budget card, cherry picks a high OC version, and compares against a completely vanilla higher end card in a handful of games.

This is the same silliness where someone takes a budget card, cherry picks a high OC version, and compares against a completely vanilla higher end card in a handful of games.

What's the matter with displaying the potential of a cheaper card? I see nothing wrong with it and looking at his graph I don't understand why anyone would pass over this. It's equivalent to a 580 when OC'd and it has more memory for $200 less. Good deal in my opinion.

But that's true of any card that's second-best. Do you think there's seriously any more of a difference between a 6950 that happens to OC well compared to a stock 6970?

The difference here of course is that you only have 1.28 GB of RAM. And if you don't buy another one soon, there will be no SLI available.

I don't see the big deal, myself. The 570 retailed at 350 and hasn't really gone down in price since like it should have, otherwise we'd all just be buying that for 300 instead of this for 300.

That reminds me, there's a 570 that $260 AR on Frys.com right now.

But that's true of any card that's second-best. Do you think there's seriously any more of a difference between a 6950 that happens to OC well compared to a stock 6970?

The difference here of course is that you only have 1.28 GB of RAM. And if you don't buy another one soon, there will be no SLI available.

I don't see the big deal, myself. The 570 retailed at 350 and hasn't really gone down in price since like it should have, otherwise we'd all just be buying that for 300 instead of this for 300.

That reminds me, there's a 570 that $260 AR on Frys.com right now.

Well even last summer there were deals on the 570 being sub $300. I saw them on tigerdirect for around 270 a few times. I don't understand why those deals aren't there anymore even before the announcement of this 560. I havent seen a deal for a 570 under 300 for a couple months. I'm going to check out that 570 right now. I think VRAM is going to be a very big deal for the upcoming generation of cards. Nvidia needs to have at least 2GB in their kepler cards to be on par with AMD.

I got my two classifieds in.
I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the cooler.
Even at idle it's loud as hell.
And under load... well... yeah i'm probably going to drown the cards with a few full coverage blocks from dangerden

I have to say I'm extremely disappointed with the cooler.
Even at idle it's loud as hell.
I know that it's quieter than the GTX 2XX series squirrel cage 'blow dryer'... so I'm not bothered.

You're just pissed off because you own 580's

Hmm, 560ti/448 running around $300? Sorry, but I'll pass.

You're just pissed off because you own 580's

Hurf durf, that must be it. :rolleyes:

I actually just bought the $260 AR GTX 570 that I just mentioned because I'm building a mini-ITX rig. So...no.

I need some Opinions I have a Gtx460 768mb and looking to upgrade for BF3 @1920x1080 or 1920x1200.

I have a Newegg $40 GC from google offers a couple days ago, so looking at 299-$40=$259 with actual out of pocket being $279+5 for shipping. Or save Newegg GC and go Amazon route and get Batman Arkham City and sell on ebay for $30 then total out of pocket is $269.

Or should I just wait a bit longer...like christmas or early next year?

FWIW I can get by playing bf3 now @1920x1080 on all low settings with medium post processing.

I also have a Q6600 rig and just upgraded from a 9800GT to a GTX 560 Ti, huge increase in performance - BF 3 is much more playable. The percent increase in performance is large skipping several generations, I suggest since your so close in time to the next gen release that you OC your current card for now. BTW I put my settings in BF 3 to Auto with the GTX 560 Ti and never thought about it again, and have had no issues from the card at 1920x1200. I have the PNY OC3 that I got at Fry's a few weeks back for 189 after MIR. With your smaller video ram, sticking with 1920x1080 and lowering settings that significantly impact vram will help you hold out. BTW have you also considered going to 8GB ram if your board can accommodate?

Last edited:
My classifieds have a VID of 1.050v. So far I've pushed the core to 850MHz. I've got my memory all the way up to 4.4ghz also. I tried 866MHz core, but got artifacts. I wouldn't be surprised if at 1.1v they would do 900MHz, but the cooler is loud already.

So the bottom line is, overclocking a 560TI with 448 puts it on par with a 580 stock? Why bother paying the extra ~$200 for a 580 then?

Well you can also oc the 580, and life starts where that one almost tops out (with 1920 rez that is). But true, a lot of us rock 570 cards plus manual oc, because it's good enough with 1920 and average in-game settings. If they are recycling rejected 570 chips and left-over 480 pcbs, you have to wonder how cheap/noisy the fans on these 560ti448 cards will be.

Well you can also oc the 580, and life starts where that one almost tops out (with 1920 rez that is). But true, a lot of us rock 570 cards plus manual oc, because it's good enough with 1920 and average in-game settings. If they are recycling rejected 570 chips and left-over 480 pcbs, you have to wonder how cheap/noisy the fans on these 560ti448 cards will be.

There's no wondering involved. I just told you the cooler is loud. =P
By far the loudest GPU I've owned in the last 4 years. Much louder than my old GTX275's, which were the loudest previously.

If you're expecting this card to be silent like the dual fan Gigabyte offerings... You're sadly mistaken.

I just installed my classified edition, and I can't say I would classify it as loud as others. I was concerned I'd have a howling video card, but it's pretty low key. Though this is at idle; have not been able to get a long gaming session in. Not sure if your card is unusually loud, or if you're just accustomed to a very quiet machine.

FWIW, I just swapped out from an 8800GTS 512MB card and it seems about the same, if not a bit more quiet. So far, I'm very pleased with the card. :)

Ninja edit: 3DMark11 run: http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2303108

Ninja edit 2: So far, my fan has only been at 30%. If I kick it up to 100%, it get LOUD. But even running a few games, so far, it hasn't had to speed up over 30%.

Last edited:
My fans never drop below 45%.
And both my cards idle above 60C.
Also, I am accustomed to a VERY quiet machine(sub 27dB).
Honestly the fan noise at 50% is too loud already, IMO.

Yes, that's been linked already in this thread. :rolleyes:
Do you have something to actually add to the conversation?

Just trying to help douche.
Don't see the link posted, only pictures from it.

Last edited:
I know that it's quieter than the GTX 2XX series squirrel cage 'blow dryer'... so I'm not bothered.
I'm quoting myself to retract my statement. This f***ing card is loud. At 75% fan speed it gets pretty insane.

That aside, I love it. The default voltage on mine was 1.025v, some people got cards with the core voltage much higher. I'm at 900mhz core with just a minor bump in vtt(1.038v) and it's completely stable.

d6297255_fur.jpeg

36d2d65f_XWjPO.jpeg

I just picked up a 560 ti sc for 229.00$ after rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130610

The card comes 900/1800/4212mhz, I wonder how much more I can get from it.
I plan to use the evga step up program, if you buy any evga card without a lifetime warranty (no 448 core comes with lifetime warranty btw) you need to buy an extended warranty from the vendor or from evga to use said card in the step up program. So after the rebate, not having to buy an extra warranty, and free 2 day shipping, I just cant see spending another 100$ for a 448 core, that's 570 money imo.

If kepler has not dropped by March the 7th, I can always step up to a 580 or 570. I hope with amd releasing new cards in January, the 580/570's will have come down in price.

Just a heads up if anyone is looking to hold out for kepler but wants/needs something in the meantime, or on the fence about this card.

Last edited:
Why May 7? Isn't the step-up program 90 days from date of purchase?

Back