Gears of War 3

Tolyngee

Supreme [H]ardness
Surprised to not see anything about Cliff Bleszinski being on Jimmy Fallon the other night and showing a Gears of War 3 trailer...?

Then again, it is still a full year 'til the estimated street date...

Not really anything to get excited over. Yeah, 4 player campaign co-op, but we all knew it was going to come out. Then they show one of those CGI trailers that has nothing to do with the game.

I don't know what's to talk about yet.

I enjoyed the first 2, especially horde mode on gears2. so i'm looking forward to gears3.

I still want to play GoW 2, damn you for no PC release! Honestly the only 360 game I'm really interesting in playing, I'll probably pick up a used arcade when it comes out and back to 2 and 3. then sell the thing before it RROD's on me!

Played the first one on PC. Enjoyed it. But if there not going to release the second one and the third one on PC , I say fuck em.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first two and will be buying 3 on day one. I need more over the top, one-liner action games filled with beefcake soldiers. If Arnold is too old, too political ... we have nobody else.

Marcus Fenix will do. :D

Played the first one on PC. Enjoyed it. But if there not going to release the second one and the third one on PC , I say fuck em.

GoW 2 was nixed from PC long ago, and GoW 3 is an Xbox exclusive.

I'll also be on GoW 3 the day of release, but it still pisses me off that certain devs who got their start on PC have abandoned it completely.

Epic w/ Unreal and GoW, Rockstar with GTA... they created a damn disaster with what they "attempted" to release on PC, gave them no support, and from then-on-out have basically moved over to console completely. GoW and GTA IV were still excellent on 360, but would not have touched well-done PC versions.

But, I digress...

Definitely excited for GoW 3, even though it's strictly on 360. Wife and I had a blast with GoW 2 together as well, so maybe we'll find two more for GoW 3 four-player co-op.

GoW 2 was nixed from PC long ago, and GoW 3 is an Xbox exclusive.

I'll also be on GoW 3 the day of release, but it still pisses me off that certain devs who got their start on PC have abandoned it completely.

Epic w/ Unreal and GoW, Rockstar with GTA... they created a damn disaster with what they "attempted" to release on PC, gave them no support, and from then-on-out have basically moved over to console completely. GoW and GTA IV were still excellent on 360, but would not have touched well-done PC versions.

But, I digress...

Definitely excited for GoW 3, even though it's strictly on 360. Wife and I had a blast with GoW 2 together as well, so maybe we'll find two more for GoW 3 four-player co-op.

Unreal has always been on the PC.

Unreal has always been on the PC.

Yeah and thats what pisses me off about Epic, they forgot there roots and alienated there older fan base, the fan base that made them all there money. This is a shining example what happens when you give a company full of morons too much money & it seems to be a growing trend.

Met Cliffy B once at a video game event during the blitz for Gears 2. My buddy had the honor of being the only guy who managed to kill him during the multiplayer. He managed to chainsaw him, but thats after Cliffy single handedly killed everyone else in a deathmatch...seriously it was crazy to watch.

Anyhow, I still have to finish Gears 2, I got bored with the story line. Apparently I'm about 3/4 of the way through. Hopefully Gears 3 will be a little more interesting.

Yeah and thats what pisses me off about Epic, they forgot there roots and alienated there older fan base, the fan base that made them all there money. This is what happens when you give a company full of morons too much money.

How many games are made by Epic anymore though? Seriously I haven't seen to many in awhile, so I don't know (aside from GoW) :confused:

Seems like they are making more of their money from licensing their development tools.

Seems that way. I wish they would make a new decent UT game, Just make it like 2k4 but use the Unreal 3 engine and I'd be happy. Just cut out the shitty storyline and we would have a game.

Anyways, I would like to play both GoW 2 and 3 , but I'm not going to buy and Xbox to do so. I don't see why they would release the first one on PC and not the 2nd or 3rd.

Seems that way. I wish they would make a new decent UT game, Just make it like 2k4 but use the Unreal 3 engine and I'd be happy. Just cut out the shitty storyline and we would have a game.

Anyways, I would like to play both GoW 2 and 3 , but I'm not going to buy and Xbox to do so. I don't see why they would release the first one on PC and not the 2nd or 3rd.

I think it was because of how much it got pirated. :(

I think it was because of how much it got pirated. :(

Who cares how much it was pirated. The game was released so long after the 360 version, very few people cared and anyone that cared already played it on the 360.

Unless they payed the bandwidth it cost for people to pirate it, I doubt it cost them much money at all. Developers/publishers, or at least the people who talk to the public are morons.

Gears 2 was fun, the MP was broken as fuck but I did have a good time with the campaign. I do not game on my 360 at all anymore, so I will skip Gears 3 all together and buy something else instead.

Gears 2 was fun, the MP was broken as fuck but I did have a good time with the campaign.

That's how I felt too. The MP in the second one was too broken to enjoy like the first one. Gears 1's MP had gltiches too but they at least got around to fixing the more prevalent ones. Gears 2 still has a bug where you can spawn without a weapon and do nothing for a round.

I hope Gears 3 will be different multiplayer wise. I've always enjoyed their campaigns even if the stories are not top notch. It's just a lot of fun action.

Epic cried about piracy which is why Gears 2 was never released for PC. After the catastrophe that is UT3, I wouldn't want to buy any of their games either.

The new trailer is attempting to recreate the Mad World Gears trailer but it failed miserably. Nothing but GREY.

Epic cried about piracy which is why Gears 2 was never released for PC. After the catastrophe that is UT3, I wouldn't want to buy any of their games either.

The new trailer is attempting to recreate the Mad World Gears trailer but it failed miserably. Nothing but GREY.

UT3 is great. I don't get why people complain about it. It had the feeling of the original UT with half way decent graphics.

UT3 is great. I don't get why people complain about it. It had the feeling of the original UT with half way decent graphics.

UT3 was a piece of shit. They took out everything that made the previous games fun and tried to add some stupid storyline that nobody cared about.

Nobody wants story in a game like this , all they want to do is kill things, thats all UT has ever been until 3. And it worked just fine.

I spit on you UT3 pppttoiii!

UT99/2K4 forever!.

Yawn. Totally over anything that comes out of CliffyB's head. They can still keep the nerd farm working on badass engines, though.

UT3 was a piece of shit. They took out everything that made the previous games fun and tried to add some stupid storyline that nobody cared about.

Nobody wants story in a game like this , all they want to do is kill things, thats all UT has ever been until 3. And it worked just fine.

I spit on you UT3 pppttoiii!

UT99/2K4 forever!.

So...your version of UT3 didn't have Instant Action or Multiplayer modes?

This argument always annoys me...there are plenty of reasons to dislike UT3, but the game having a story to its single-player mode that still was nothing but a glorified tutorial to the different game modes is not one of them.

Who cares how much it was pirated. The game was released so long after the 360 version, very few people cared and anyone that cared already played it on the 360.

Unless they payed the bandwidth it cost for people to pirate it, I doubt it cost them much money at all. Developers/publishers, or at least the people who talk to the public are morons.

Gears 2 was fun, the MP was broken as fuck but I did have a good time with the campaign. I do not game on my 360 at all anymore, so I will skip Gears 3 all together and buy something else instead.

That makes no sense, just sounds like an excuse pirates use to justify pirating the game. If half of the people who pirated the game had bought the game, then perhaps GoW2 would've made it over to PC. I'm sure porting a game over to PC and adding additional content and then having tons of people download the game for free costs "nothing".

So...your version of UT3 didn't have Instant Action or Multiplayer modes?

This argument always annoys me...there are plenty of reasons to dislike UT3, but the game having a story to its single-player mode that still was nothing but a glorified tutorial to the different game modes is not one of them.

My point is that they shouldn't have had it at all. Wasted resources. Besides that who needs a tutorial for an action fps game? Its pretty self explanatory, point and click.

I'll be definitely passing this game up or at the very least rent it before anything. GOW2 was an extreme disappointing with all the glitches and bugs it had.

My point is that they shouldn't have had it at all. Wasted resources. Besides that who needs a tutorial for an action fps game? Its pretty self explanatory, point and click.

Consoletards who have never played UT99 or UT2004, obviously :D

Back