Gears of War 3 + $20 e-gift + Tritton 7.1 headset $75 at Walmart

tayunz

[H]ard DCoTM October 2018
Taken from slickdeals.

Walmart Gears of War 3 Preorder:

On the product page you can add the TRITTON Gears of War 3 Dolby 7.1 headset to the bundle for $15.

Just scroll down a bit and it's on the left side next to another headset and gears controller. Click add and it will add to your bundle.

Link

Obviously a price mistake. Think it will get canceled? It's worth a shot.

Here's a link to the headset for $159.96... Update raised the price on headset to $172.96

Last edited:
Looks extremely uncomfortable, I had similar headphones, after a while I felt like I was wearing a helmet and my ears were sweating.

Jumped on this! That headset's MSRP is $180 on best buy. No joke.

Looks extremely uncomfortable, I had similar headphones, after a while I felt like I was wearing a helmet and my ears were sweating.

I have the Tritton AX720s which are almost identical to these as far as design and size, and they are comfortable for me. And I have a big head.

So tempted... and I don't even have a 360, I'd just be getting it for the headset (assuming it can be used with PC) and selling the game.

Pretty sure it'll just get canceled, tho.

This is on the front page of techbargains and slickdeals. That's got to increase the chances of it getting canceled. They still haven't changed the price though.

Eh, if it's on those then hell with it. Good as dead. It'd be different if it was a straight order, but with a preorder? They'll just change the price and send a email.

Eh, if it's on those then hell with it. Good as dead. It'd be different if it was a straight order, but with a preorder? They'll just change the price and send a email.

Yeah I agree. I kinda regret placing an order now.

Just received my cancellation email:

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order(s).

Due to a pricing error on our website, we have canceled your recent Walmart.com order of the Tritton Gears of War 3 Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headset (Xbox 360). We apologize for any inconvenience.

Only the Tritton headset was affected by this issue. If you no longer want the remainder of your order you can contact us in order to cancel.

Occasionally, mistakes in product descriptions or pricing information may appear on our site. We make every effort to avoid such mistakes and to correct them when they occur. For this reason, our terms of use state that we reserve the right not to honor a price when it is posted incorrectly on our site.

So I guess I have to figure out how to cancel the rest of the order.

Last edited:
Just received my cancellation email:

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order(s).

Due to a pricing error on our website, we have canceled your recent Walmart.com order of the Tritton Gears of War 3 Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headset (Xbox 360). We apologize for any inconvenience.

Only the Tritton headset was affected by this issue. If you no longer want the remainder of your order you can contact us in order to cancel.

Occasionally, mistakes in product descriptions or pricing information may appear on our site. We make every effort to avoid such mistakes and to correct them when they occur. For this reason, our terms of use state that we reserve the right not to honor a price when it is posted incorrectly on our site.

So I guess I have to figure out how to cancel the rest of the order.

Got the same email. But when I check my order status on the website, it says

Suggested Optional Accessories
(TRITTON Gears of War 3 Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headset (Xbox 360)

Processing
Will arrive between Tuesday, 09/20/11, and Monday, 09/26/11

EDIT: And the link is still on the website to add the headset for $15 ... wtf are they waiting for???
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gears-of-...art.com-eGift-Card-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/15119086

Yeah mine says the same thing too. And, if the price is wrong why did they put it back up?

EDIT: Now is says it was canceled 'due to lack of product availabilty.' That's BS it was a preorder and I ordered 8 hours before everyone else.

Last edited:
hmmm...i just checked my paypal and saw that they had debited my account. I logged in to see if they canceled my order like i requested and it shows that the headset is being processed should get here between 8/28 and 8/30. we'll see what happens.

hmmm...i just checked my paypal and saw that they had debited my account. I logged in to see if they canceled my order like i requested and it shows that the headset is being processed should get here between 8/28 and 8/30. we'll see what happens.

Hmm. I was under the impression that the headset wouldn't ship until the game comes out. I don't know though. They still haven't even finished canceling my order. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Mine was the same until yesterday. They updated the headset to "cancelled", so now I'm going to call and cancel the rest of my order. Oh well.

Back