Gateway P-172X FX

Catsonar

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see the input for this model from user's like yourself. If you own one I would appreciate if you could tell me more about it. How well does the raid set up on this? Also, can I place a blueray drive in it? Thanks

I bought the p172x fx and it is AMAZING. sets up in raid 0 or raid 1, i had no troubles. i couldn't tell you about the blueray drive as i do not intend on purchasing one. no cons that i can think of except the obvious: vista. i did not ever complain about the os until actually owning a pc set up with it... all 4 gigs of ram do show up though, which is nice.. and games are smooth, no slow downs even on maxed... unless of course you are going for crisis. just get rid of vista bloatware and this is an awesome machine. :D

^^^^

How fast is the Ram? and is the speed rating still 667mhz? Is the FSB matched (800mhz with the speed of the ram? How do you like the t8300? Is it worth getting the t9300? Thanks

yeah, laptops generally run at 667 still, its plenty fast though, i wasnt very excited when i first heard i was getting a t8300, but it performs so well that im not interested in the upgrade anymore, would rather have my warranty XD sorry, xerodeluxe is my friend's acct, i was posting from his at the time.

Back