Gateway.com X800 XT purchase - anyone?

The tracking numbers says in transit. So I doubt they would be sending me an empty box that says on backorder. But then again it is gateway. This will probably be my last post to this thread so good luck everyone you should be getting your cards ASAP. I also ordered my card over the phone and not over the internet if that means anything. I might post some benchmarks and maybe take a pic of me opening the box to verify if its the correct item.

I pre-ordered from Gateway today for $433.85.
I used to work at their Berkeley CA Country Store before they layed us off, so I know what
to expect (more or less, less in this situation). My expected ship date is 2-4 weeks, but
I'm expecting more along the lines of 4-5 weeks.

Would I have gotten a 6800U quicker...most likely, but not in time for a lan I'm going to this
saturday, but I would have to pay around $540. I can wait for that amount of savings.

I ordered my card 6/14. My first estimated arrival date was 6/30 then 7/8, and now I just called them and they said 8/6!!! I guess I am just going to wait because no other store has it in stock and for retail price.

I ordered on 6/2, then several delays and my recent arrival date was 7/8, but just go a call and it was pushed back to 7/22

Ordered on 6/2 as well. After I noticed that they charged me this week for the card, I checked the status of my order to see if it shipped, lo and behold it's been bumped to 8/1. I also had to call to reconfirm that I wanted to keep this order, as it was the second major delay. There's a chance that we'll see the cards before August, but I'm not sure how great that chance is for people who've ordered after 6/2---

I can see it now.... News flash: The price of gold plummets as GDDR3 becomes the newest precious commodity for trade.

I keep calling outpost every two days to get an update. I heard Monday, then Tuessday, then Yesterday I heard Friday, now they don't have any expected date and ALOT of orders. This = teh suck waiting for my new card.

placed an order with gateway as well ... maybe I'll get mine in time to call it a Christmas present .. :)

I wouldn't worry about it, my BestBuy order (5/30) is still being moved back every week, and I'm paying much more! $512.00 shipped.

Anyone else notice Turbomaxxx never posted a follow up to his card being in transit?

So, which is it?.....
A) He received it and is now so involved in a game he lost his RL
B) He is monitoring this forum and laughing at us as he strokes the box the card was in
C) He never ordered/received the card
D) One of us went to his house, capped his ass and took his card

MattParrish said:
Anyone else notice Turbomaxxx never posted a follow up to his card being in transit?

So, which is it?.....
A) He received it and is now so involved in a game he lost his RL
B) He is monitoring this forum and laughing at us as he strokes the box the card was in
C) He never ordered/received the card
D) One of us went to his house, capped his ass and took his card

D. I'm loving this XT goodness.

DrDeathGNJ said:
ATI did a massive thing with getting their new series of cards out to the public as fast as possible. The problem I think is that they underestimated the WANT for their new tech! !

The CompUSA store in Mesquite had to have gone through 500-600 of the x800XTPE cards. When I went and picked mine up they had already sold 250 of them and had another 200 showing up the next day. No matter how many people may comment on or bitch about 500.00 video cards, this certainly shows there is a big demand out there.

Back