Gateway.com X800 XT purchase - anyone?

Elias

Limp Gawd
I know lots of people have ordered X800 XT PE cards from Gateway due to the extremely low price - but has anyone received one yet? The reason I ask is because the box pictured on the webpage is for an X800 pro. You'll need to zoom in on the picture shown here:

http://accessories.gateway.com/Acce.../AGP+Graphics+Cards_316688/2617586_ProdDetail

The tem description at the bottom does say XT Platinum, though. Has anyone received their card from Gateway yet? And is it the right one?

I was considering Gateway for a bit, but they're way too unreliable it seems. They don't even have the right photo listed. I am curious as well as to whether or not anyone has received theirs yet.

I placed an order for one today - before I looked at the photo more closely. The sales rep assured me it was the right card, and the reciept says it, so I'll take my chances. If it is true, who can beat a $473 XT PE (including tax)?

Edit: Oops, Gateway is cheaper. :\

I would go with CDW over Gateway if I were to get one. It seems Gateway has gone to hell in a handbasket.

I ordered one from Gateway the other day for $434.95 and I'm pretty sure there's no tax to ship to NY. Plus they're giving free ground UPS right now. (coupon code "NOSHIPA") So $434.95 should be the delivered total. I just have to wait a month :(

I got in on the deal the day the card went up and got tired of all the BS from Gateway and cancelled - the enormous thread on Rage3D is a mile long now. I have yet to see anyone posting they got their card from Gateway yet and the shipping date keeps pushing out. I overpaid some for my X800XT PE from Str8buy.com but it was worth it to me and I have owned the card for two weeks now.

I think they show play clown music in the background whenever you call them and are put on hold. I would try to get a similarly priced preorder from someone with a little better customer service than these assclowns.

There should be no tax, assuming you don't have a Gateway Store still open in your state.

The price is still one of the best though, and it's still less than $450 with overnight shipping. It's just too bad Gateway screwed themselves over by overzealously listing the part as in stock...many people canceled orders and now Gateway's waiting for stock like everyone else.

I got a ship date that was a week in the future at the time. That meant they canceled my order without calling or ever emailing me. :mad:

I cancelled my order when they emailed me with yet another delay. I placed a new order with CDW. July 6th is D Day. CDW will recieve over 600 cards Since CDW does not charge sales tax, I actualy saved 2 dollars.

I think I'm about to cancel my gateway order since the estimated arrival date is july 19th and thats still over 3 weeks away... I kind of doubt I'd be in the first shipment from CDW on the 6th and I'd end up getting the card around the same time I would from gateway if I placed an order today, but who knows..

ruffz said:
I think I'm about to cancel my gateway order since the estimated arrival date is july 19th and thats still over 3 weeks away... I kind of doubt I'd be in the first shipment from CDW on the 6th and I'd end up getting the card around the same time I would from gateway if I placed an order today, but who knows..

dude i spoke to them on Thursday and she said they had 600 back orders but had an order that was comming in that would cover the back orders and then some

Fuck GAteway.CDW has more credibility. go for it.

the only reason I'm reluctant to order from CDW is it says they ship in 2+ weeks which would put it at about a week before the gateway order is supposed to arrive. that wouldn't really make it worth it to me, paying 25 bucks more just to get it here a few days earlier.

ruffz said:
the only reason I'm reluctant to order from CDW is it says they ship in 2+ weeks which would put it at about a week before the gateway order is supposed to arrive. that wouldn't really make it worth it to me, paying 25 bucks more just to get it here a few days earlier.

dude the Gateway shiptime is meaningless. CDW supplies them.............

there's no sales tax here so it would cost me about 25 more. I think I'm gonna cancel with gateway as soon as I can find out how to, do you have to call them or is there a way to do it on their site?

I cancelled with gateway and ordered with CDW, some woman from gateway emailed me within like 10 minutes acting all sad and shit. She said my order was "in processing" or something like that and said I still had about 48 hours if I wanted to change my mind. I really think I did the right thing going with CDW though. I sent them an email asking for an approximate ship date but naturally they aren't available on the weekend so I have to wait til Monday for a response. Would certainly suck if I end up paying more and getting my card later than I would have with gateway.

Well I spoke to Angela of CDW on Thursday and she said they had 600 back orders. I explained that the large number concerned me and she replied that the order arriving on the 6th of July would handle the backorders , my order and a few more. Good luck

Worse case you end up getting yours the same time as Gateway would have been (mid month) but from a real good outfit that will support your purchase

July 6th = the Big Day

We will see I guess. CDW, CUSA and I think Gateway are expecting to receive them from ATI. They better pull through this time or else....

nothing will happen, but we will all be pissed :D

I still have my Gateway order....

Sad part is I ordered the 2nd of June when the deal first hit...

My rep said I would have the card before the end of the month though, so this week.... If not I am out, and cancelling.

man im gonna get a 6800 Ultra from CompUSA if they get them locally on the 1st or 3rd or whatever. this is a load of fuckin capital B capital S. next thing you know it'll be "well we dont know what the exact supply situation is... check back in August". :mad:

I'm going to wait it out with gateway, more for the novelty of seeing just how long they really do take to get this to their customers and besides my x800pro has been making the wait bearable ;)

Nomjr said:
I'm going to wait it out with gateway, more for the novelty of seeing just how long they really do take to get this to their customers and besides my x800pro has been making the wait bearable ;)

Dude, I was dumb enough to sell my 9800xt in late May. I used a tnt m64 for a few days but I could not deal with the eyestrain. I picked up a Matrox card so I could at least surf without eyestrain. I realy do miss gaming. .........

Too much forum usage and you go blind.

I talked to a rep today. I ordered my X800 XT on 6-23. My recieve date is 6-30, The lady I talked to said the cards were in stock. She said I should have it by the first. What I don't get is that some people have ETA of July 23 and mine is 6-30. It doesn't make sense but maybe I got lucky only time will tell. Also Gateway accepts AAA discount of 10% off your card. All you need is a number and now my card is cheaper than an x800 Pro card. I guess i can wait at that price.

Turbomaxxx said:
I talked to a rep today. I ordered my X800 XT on 6-23. My recieve date is 6-30, The lady I talked to said the cards were in stock. She said I should have it by the first. What I don't get is that some people have ETA of July 23 and mine is 6-30. It doesn't make sense but maybe I got lucky only time will tell. Also Gateway accepts AAA discount of 10% off your card. All you need is a number and now my card is cheaper than an x800 Pro card. I guess i can wait at that price.

Just an emotional hook, they dont have shit in stock. Gateway is shitway

Turbomaxxx said:

Yeah if you actually get one before the bulk of people who ordered one month ahead of you, please tell us. So we can draw something up against Gateway.

Then again no one has recieved one yet, so welcome to the waiting game.

Turbomaxxx said:

well its 6.30 lets see your pics of your card....!!!!

theelviscerator said:
well its 6.30 lets see your pics of your card....!!!!

Ordering your XT800PE 8 weeks after everyone else from Gateway = Shot in the dark
Getting a a shipping date 6 days before
anyone else who ordered 8 weeks berfore you did = Wet Dream

Coming to grips with reality on June 30 2004 =Priceless

I've resigned myself to looking at the PE as the Christmas present you know is in the trunk of your mom's car but can't get at until the proper day. The card will come.......

yep as I thought it's now July 1 and my dete went from June 30 to Unkown. At least I had a couple of days of hope.

ATI did a massive thing with getting their new series of cards out to the public as fast as possible. The problem I think is that they underestimated the WANT for their new tech! Thats why I think you people have nothing but delays from Gateway. Its as simple as them just not getting the ATI cards in bulk from ATI because of such demand.

ATI got the 800 Pro out to retail F'ing quick, I think alittle to quick for their own good. Now they are probably choking alittle on getting the XT-PE out to retail.

All in all I wouldn't panic if I were any of you. You will get your bad ass card soon just give it time!

i thought i would just add my order to the mix too :) i ordered the x800xt today with the 10% coupon code and they charged my CC ~$398 with ground shipping and they posted the shipping date as 7/30/04. I just figured i would wait it out and if they came through with it i would get an awsome card for ~100 less and if not i could always cancel and go with something else.

I think the 6th is the real deal for everyone, Zipzoom just sent me notification that the ASUS x800 Pros are available. When ASUS launches that means the flood gates are open

Finally after waiting Gateway shipped my damn card. I ordered on 6/23 and it took them this long to ship it. Well guys wait is finally over.

Your Gateway order was completed on 7/02/04.

You should receive it within 3-5 business days.

For tracking information about your Gateway order, simply click on the check status button below. You will be taken to the web site of the carrier that is handling your package(s) to see your tracking information.

Tracking Number(s):
0138402420*****

If you would like to check the status of an order over the phone, or have questions about the status of your order that this page does not answer, you may call our automated order status line at 800-846-8529, or contact your client service representative.

You think you waited long from the 23rd?, what about us that ordered on the the 2nd LOL.. Also, I remember people in the past getting similar messages, either with a tracking number or soon to come and then calling Gateway thinking the card is on the way they actually are told their order has to be cancelled. So I won't get to happy just yet.

EDIT: Also, was it a Pro you ordered or an XT, I assumed an XT.

Turbomaxxx said:
Finally after waiting Gateway shipped my damn card. I ordered on 6/23 and it took them this long to ship it. Well guys wait is finally over.

Your Gateway order was completed on 7/02/04.

You should receive it within 3-5 business days.

For tracking information about your Gateway order, simply click on the check status button below. You will be taken to the web site of the carrier that is handling your package(s) to see your tracking information.

Tracking Number(s):
0138402420*****

If you would like to check the status of an order over the phone, or have questions about the status of your order that this page does not answer, you may call our automated order status line at 800-846-8529, or contact your client service representative.

Back