Gas Guzzlers Combat Carnage Patch 1.3.1 Released

bman212121

[H]ard|Gawd
So I did a search here and it doesn't look like this game has ever been mentioned on this forum. It's a little hidden gem that I found to be pretty fun so I figured I would pass along the info.

http://www.gamepires.com/

What it is: A 3d racing game with GUNS!!! My best comparison is it's a 3d version of death rally. I used to love playing that game way back in the day and this game does a great job of taking some of the ideas of that and a few other titles like twisted metal and creating a racing game with humor. Lots of funny little tid bits here and there and offers some great gameplay.

Who it's made by: Gamepires is a small dev company location in Europe (I think Croatia but not sure) so it's a small community and some of the devs answer questions on the forums.

The game has a single player ladder style where there are 3 events: Classic, Battle, and Knockout. Classic is racing without guns, but it still has pickups for land mines and nitrous and what not. Battle is racing where if you can't pass em you just make them blow up! Knockout is a race event where the last player across the line each lap is eliminated until there is only one person left.

Single player is a lot of fun and can be pretty challenging. On occasion in battle races so much stuff can be blowing up you don't even know if you're pointed in the right direction. I think the single player alone is worth it for this game.

There is also a multiplayer element which requires a dedicated server. The dedicated server does require DX9 support so unfortunately it can't be run in a VM or through RDP. Also, the player base is non existent so if you want to play MP you'll have to get a few friends together. I think this game would be pretty slick for a lan party. The one thing I do need to confirm still is that MP racing was laggy over the internet on patch 1.3. I think they did stuff to address this but haven't gotten 3 people together to test yet.

For MP you can do the same type of races as single player, but it also adds battle mode. There are a couple of tracks for battle mode which plays very much like twisted metal. It could stand to have a couple more tracks but it's fun to do a little racing and a little deathmatch mixed in.

So the latest patch added support for wheels. You should be able to use FFB and set deadzone, sensitivity and saturation.

The other big changes is it seems like the MP server has had several tweaks with a better launcher and control over the server's tick rate, port, and other settings.

There is a demo available to try out so if you're interested (I don't think this includes the latest patch fixes): http://www.gamershell.com/download_94221.shtml

If you're made it this far thanks for reading my long post. I don't have any affiliation with the game makers but as a person who owns the game I'm trying to spread the word and help these guys out as it's a great game. I would love to see more stuff done by these guys in the future.

Whoops, came across the greenlight page on steam and the picture says "Demo available".

Last edited:
Downloading demo right now. Sort of reminds me of an old game Interstate '76 which was a blast to play.

You should check out Crash Day then. Take all of that, then pair in Stunts and points for them, like in San Fran RUSH (on N64) :p You can also make tracks on top of that, but I suspect GG must as well? It's been awhile since I played, but I think what GG offers that CD may not is the weapon upgrades.

FlatOut is also really fun :)

It's in steam, demo and all.

Do you have a link by chance? I've done a search from the client and the website and neither one turns up a page for them. Last I knew they submitted for greenlight but haven't been accepted yet.

Downloading demo right now. Sort of reminds me of an old game Interstate '76 which was a blast to play.

Yea I've heard that mentioned a lot as well. I never really played that game so I don't know how to compare the two.

You should check out Crash Day then. Take all of that, then pair in Stunts and points for them, like in San Fran RUSH (on N64) :p You can also make tracks on top of that, but I suspect GG must as well? It's been awhile since I played, but I think what GG offers that CD may not is the weapon upgrades.

FlatOut is also really fun :)

Yea I'll have to check that out as well. That sounds more like trackmania or GTA.

I don't think you can make tracks for GG but you have weapon, armor, tire, engine, brake, nitrous upgrades in GG. You also get lots of choices for cars.

EDIT: Yea crashday definitely sounds like fun, the only issue is that it might not work so well on Windows 8. Have to see if the 2006 demo will even run. It does remind me of demolition derby which was also a fun game, but the graphics on that are practically unplayable by todays standards.

Last edited:
I've been playing the demo for about an hour and I love it! Racing, carnage and destruction. It's like Carmageddon with weapons on a closed circuit. :p :D

Do you have a link by chance? I've done a search from the client and the website and neither one turns up a page for them. Last I knew they submitted for greenlight but haven't been accepted yet.

Sorry, was browsing on my phone and made a mistake.

I also second the flatout games, had a lot of fun with one of them (cant remember if it was 1 or 2) and IIRC it had lan. It also has big arena deathmatches like mario cart but bigger.

Sorry, was browsing on my phone and made a mistake.

I also second the flatout games, had a lot of fun with one of them (cant remember if it was 1 or 2) and IIRC it had lan. It also has big arena deathmatches like mario cart but bigger.

No problem. Had me excited for a moment because I wondered if maybe part of the patch was to allow support for stream.

I never played those either probably because they came out when I played Unreal all the time. Racing games are usually one of the toughest sells for MP for me because very few of my friends play them. I'll have to put one of the games from that series on the list and try the SP sometime.

Wow, I checked out a video and this looks really good. Crash Day on the otherhand is EXACTLY what i've been looking for and i'm going to be checking that out this weekend.

OMG...Loved that game, though I could never get it to run right on my PC. Loved I-'82 as well.

Having watched the video, though, this looks way more like Mario Kart on steroids than Interstate '76, though. I-'76 was more of an open-world thing, like Carmageddon, whereas this seems to limit you to the track only.

OMG...Loved that game, though I could never get it to run right on my PC. Loved I-'82 as well.

Having watched the video, though, this looks way more like Mario Kart on steroids than Interstate '76, though. I-'76 was more of an open-world thing, like Carmageddon, whereas this seems to limit you to the track only.

For single player yes all of the maps are on tracks. For MP the battle race is on an open world. I wouldn't say the maps are huge but they are more than enough for several people otherwise it takes too long to find someone to shoot at. ( 2 players on the parking garage doesn't work all that well imo)

Back