Gaming on one screen in a multi-monitor setup

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
I was interested to know, that if in a muilti monitor setup, such as a three way setup. What would the difference in game performance, and window performance be if I drove all three monitors off of a single Graphics card, versus powering the main monitor off the primary GPU (GTX 980), and getting a cheaper low end card to power the additional two monitors. To be clear I'd only be using the primary for games and such, I personally don't like surround gaming (crazy right?).

I was interested to know, that if in a muilti monitor setup, such as a three way setup. What would the difference in game performance, and window performance be if I drove all three monitors off of a single Graphics card, versus powering the main monitor off the primary GPU (GTX 980), and getting a cheaper low end card to power the additional two monitors. To be clear I'd only be using the primary for games and such, I personally don't like surround gaming (crazy right?).

Don't bother with the second card. You have to enable surround to game on multiple screens. The card can drive 4 screens. There's no appreciable difference in performance unless surround is on.

Back