gaming machine

[U]nified

n00b
Right now on my hands I have about $2000 and I would want a nice ultimate gaming machine. Im not sure what I really need so can u guys give me a some nice specs of full systems that should be good for me. thanks

A nice Pentium 4 2.4c oc'ed to 3.4ghz with a 9800Pro/XT, 1gb of PC4000 Corsair/Crucial, an Abit IC-7G, pair of 160gb SATA drives, an Audigy 2 platinum, DVD burner and a nice 21" monitor ought to be about right.

Originally posted by edsbar60
A nice Pentium 4 2.4c oc'ed to 3.4ghz with a 9800Pro/XT, 1gb of PC4000 Corsair/Crucial, an Abit IC-7G, pair of 160gb SATA drives, an Audigy 2 platinum, DVD burner and a nice 21" monitor ought to be about right.

I'd agree with most of that; however, with 2000 dollars you don't need to OC your processor unless you really want to. Buy a P4 3 Ghz C and you'll be set.

yeah but like some people say athlon is better than pentium for gaming waht do u guys think?

and def a desktop not a laptop

gig of ddr ram running in dual channel
9800Pro

... everything else is optional. get whatever greater then 2.5ghz processor you want, (probably pentium as it will be easier to cool, and gaming computers like to cook), and a heafty power supply.

also... get a CRT for gaming.

Before you decide on a monitor dont forget the essentials like space. A 21in crt is on the fat side so make sure you have a good sturdy desk. Ive seen people that need to keep the keyboard under the front of monitor for lack of room.

Speakers are another issue, if you have a dog that likes to chew things, or kids or something make sure if you get a 5.1+ type system to be able to mount it on the wall. And dont neglect outlets either.

Back