Gaming LCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0ddyH0oddy

Limp Gawd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know as a general rule LCDs are not meant for gaming. HOwever, I am very tired of lugging my ~seventy-five pound Sony G500. I've had this monitor for almost five years and it has been a very great companion. I think it's time to move on though.

I need something that is, first and foremost, BRIGHT . Anyone who regularly uses a Sony CRT knows that their brightness is hard to beat. I know brightnes is not an LCD's strong point. I need something that is fast, i.e., does not ghost. Anywhere in the $800-$1100 range is what I'd expect. And, of course, a DVI connection is required (do LCDs offer a BNC connection?). Oh, and at least 20".

I've been looking at Viewsonic's vp201b and possibly LG's L2010P thus far. The Apple Cinema displays look lush, but I'm kind of put off by the price, no doubt escalated because it's an Apple product. I'm trying to sneak a friends laptop into Best Buy and CompUSA, jacking into the LCDs, and running some recorded game demos to get my feel, but this hasn't always been succesful.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure about the viewsonic because I have yet to use it. I do however have the Dell 2001fp and have been very happy with it. A lot of others on here will also agree that it is a good monitor.

The monitor games very well and I have experienced very little ghosting in some of the most demanding games. The monitor is very nice and bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back