Gaming headsets

I would recommend you V-MODA Crossfade LP.
https://www.bestadvisor.com/best-headphones
2 years after, and still as good as new.
They feel really good on my head and are comfortable to wear for a long time. If you love rap and deep sound they are great but for good old rock and roll, not really. They are good with classical music though and the deep tones come out of the back.

Would you guys recommend the HiFiman 400i headphones for gaming?

They're very very open so they leak noise like speakers almost. If you are alone then that won't be an issue. Sound quality wise they are pretty smooth, even sounding have good highs (not obscene sparkles) and mids but they are not very bassy. They also require a bit of power to run at high volumes. Is your soundcard up to snuff, have a strong headphone amp? Planar mag cans tend to need some juice. I have a pair I use for all around duty, plus I wanna be able to hear ppl sneaking up on me. But when I want to get my basshead freak on I use my night time set, a pair of Sony MDR Z7.

They're great, I love mine. I also own V-Moda M-100, HD 598SE, AKG 7XX, and DT770Pro's and the 400i is the best of all of those for gaming. Great imaging, great soundstage. I highly recommend trying them with a surround DSP. The bass is good if you have the power for it, or EQ it in there. You don't lose detail when you pump up the bass either.

They have a low impedance but are rather low efficiency, which is why you need some juice to get the full effect.

Better than the AKGs? For directional sound and size of sound stage, I would say AKG 612 or 7xx for gaming. Especially after doing the bass mod. I think the 7xx may already have the stupid felt removed though.

I understand the 400 has a better "all-arounder" sound to it though.

Last edited:
Back