Gaming CPU/Mobo/DDR4 RAM/PSU combo to match 1080ti

OldM3ta

[H]ard|Gawd
My signature rig is my current rig. I'd like to build a 2nd machine for development (Programming). It'll be running a couple VMs of nix and Windows so that I can code against on-machine services. Either my signature rig can be used for programming or my new rig.

One of the rigs will get the 1080ti that I'll buy once it comes out. The purpose is to power my 1440P 144Hz monitor with max eye candy, and eventually, my 4K TV (not yet purchased). It'll be solely for gaming.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

Either gaming at 1440P to 4K --- OR coding 64 bit applications with a two VM hypervisor. [option between either and my signature rig]. I want to push as much frames as possible with as much prettiness set. Something that won't bottleneck the 1080ti when I invest (or my 980ti that I have now)

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

For CPU, MOBO, 16GB min DDR4(5) RAM, PSU, I'm guessing I'd feel comfortable with a $900 budget.

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

Seattle, WA, US

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

CPU, MOBO, DDR4 RAM, PSU

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make
and model.

I'll be buying a cheapo case that fits what I buy. I'll be bringing in a couple of my SSD drives from my gaming rig (see signature)
I'll move my SoundBlaster Z card over (or pickup an Sonar? )

6) Will you be overclocking?

Don't plan to, unless it's cake and uses air.

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?

1440P , 144Hz Gsync ... plan to buy a 4K TV next year.

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

Between now and Black Friday.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.

Standard stuff. I like RAID, but use Windows Storage Spaces more so. Don't need firewire or special connectors. Barely have any USB 3.0 devices. Will only use one discrete video card.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

Yes. 64 bit Windows 10 Key.

For 900 bucks for PSU I went 6700k Z170 Maximus Formula 16g Corsair Vengence and an AX860I refurbished PSU.

It's DDR4 if you live close to a microcenter its a lot cheaper I got the board and MB for 600 or less.

Back