Games won't launch under Steam on Windows 8 Pro 64bit!

jincuteguy

Limp Gawd
So I just installed Windows 8, everything was fine. Until I opened up Steam and launched a game. Every game that I launched using Steam did not load, it just froze and has a black screen then becomes Not Responding, so I had to End Task it. But if I launched the game by itself (without turning on Steam), then the game works fine.

I tried everything from reinstalling Steam, reinstalling the games, Verify game file cache, etc. None has worked so far. Does anyone experience this issue?

I also tried all the latest Nvidia drivers from 326.80 Beta to those older ones.

My system spec:

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
i7 2600k
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Kingston 8gb Ram
GTX 780
Enermax 850W psu

yeah, there's quite a few ppl online who had that problem. Even tho i havent had that problem on windows 8.

some report that overlay programs for overclocking/monitoring temps /frapss as the culprit/s. So if u have any open i d try it with em turned off. (teamviewer whatever that is also)

You can write in the launch option -windowed incase its trying to open every game at a higher res than your monitor supports (thats another issue some ppl were having) but its a temp fix.

hope that helps

WoW it works , thanks a lot man, I tried the -windowed.

Actually it wasn't the -windowed that fixed it. It was MSI Afterburner :( I alwysa use that to monitor my GTX 780 temps and voltage inside the game. Sad to see that it's bug with windows 8.

Actually I dont know what fixed it lol. Cause I just turned on Afterburner and it still work, wtf is going on?

Ok IT IS indead MSI Afterburner that caused it. I just tried a couple other games with Afterburner on and they didn't load, as soon as i turned off Afterburner, they all worked.

Last edited:
Back