gamers who live close to MicroCenter stores can now pick up RX 7900 XT at $699

Marees

2[H]4U

MicroCenter now offers Radeon RX 7900 XT for $699 with in-store pickup only​

Originally launched at $899, the RX 7900 XT has just dropped $200.

This feels like the price at which this card should have launched worldwide

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rad...-ever-699-at-microcenter-with-in-store-pickup

the lower price only shows up in the cart, so one should make sure to select the store first and check pricing at checkout. We (VideoCardz) confirmed that the price applies to PowerColor reference and Hellhound custom models.

Madison Heights is showing 4 (four) PowerColor versions for $699.99, with tax it brings total to $741.99.

Only issue I see is wondering if PowerColor is a good brand or not? How's the coil whine, the temps, etc.

Madison Heights is showing 4 (four) PowerColor versions for $699.99, with tax it brings total to $741.99.

Only issue I see is wondering if PowerColor is a good brand or not? How's the coil whine, the temps, etc.
That's just a couple of miles from my brother. So lucky to live near one. Microcenter does ship some items but very limited.

Don’t buy powercolor. Their packaging is literally just cardboard (NO foam or even plastic bubble pack) and their RMA process is the worst of any computer hardware I’ve had in 30 years of hobby. Multiple back and forths and they didn’t advance my RMA status on their own, I had to call at every step. If I’d not have been on top of it, I’m confident they wouldn’t have sent me a card back. My experience with them was RX580 and Fury days. So unless they’ve improved — avoid. I consider that brand bottom of the barrel. I bought over 100 different AMD and Nvidia cards for crypto mining. Powercolor was the worst retail (least protective) packaging I’ve ever seen in any brand. (Team red or green)

3hvrq1.jpg

Works at my house.

You have to add the PowerColor reference model or Hellhound to your cart to see the sale price.

Attachments

• IMG_5405.jpeg
    IMG_5405.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 0
So happy they are putting a Microcenter in South Florida. Granted its an hour from me, but it's better than Best Buy constantly. Now if I could just get an Academy Sports closer than 2 hours away.

There's 3 MC near by my location, but any 3 locations are 6 hours round trip from me :(

I've had this debate before. Sure, I see the value of going to MC for the experience and entertainment (e.g. road trip). I've been to MC, and it's definitely a fun place to visit.

I do not see the value of going to MC when you are traveling hours to get there in order to save money on computer parts (see the government mileage rate of $0.655 per mile). In fairness, I say the same thing to people who drive across town to fill up their gas tanks with gas that's $0.03 cheaper. If you're passing through the area, and a MC is there, I recommend it.

The math:
The two closest MCs are 114 miles away and 104 miles away (this one has approx. $30 in tolls to get there and back).
114 miles * 2 (round trip) = 228 miles
228 miles * $0.655 = $149.34

The difference in price has to be at least $149.34 before I break even, not to mention the cost in time to drive there and back when I can click a few buttons on Amazon and have the same product the next day.

Last edited:
there is one semi close to me but that means driving into and around the DC metro area which sucks almost all the time.

I've had this debate before. Sure, I see the value of going to MC for the experience and entertainment (e.g. road trip). I've been to MC, and it's definitely a fun place to visit.

I do not see the value of going to MC when you are traveling hours to get there in order to save money on computer parts (see the government mileage rate of $0.655 per mile). In fairness, I say the same thing to people who drive across town to fill up their gas tanks with gas that's $0.03 cheaper. If you're passing through the area, and a MC is there, I recommend it.

The math:
The two closest MCs are 114 miles away and 104 miles away (this one has approx. $30 in tolls to get there and back).
114 miles * 2 (round trip) = 228 miles
228 miles * $0.655 = $149.34

The difference in price has to be at least $149.34 before I break even, not to mention the cost in time to drive there and back when I can click a few buttons on Amazon and have the same product the next day.
Ya, there's one about 2h from me I think. Be a decent ride on a motorcycle. Head down, check out the store, take my time coming back. Make a day of it. One of these days I'll have to do it.

So happy they are putting a Microcenter in South Florida. Granted its an hour from me, but it's better than Best Buy constantly. Now if I could just get an Academy Sports closer than 2 hours away.
The one near me was 45 minutes away, with no traffic, and that was the perfect distance close enough to make it worth a trip for any spectacular deals far enough away that I wouldn't go crazy and upgrade all the time. Then they had to leave the area.

I just picked up an open box powercolor 7900 xtx for $750 from MC today.

Does anyone want it? I picked it up with no intention of using it but to pass it off to an [H] member

Reactions: MrC4
like this
41 miles south from my house, about 48 minutes in rush hour on google.

Near the old TigerDirect in Midway Crossing (that was demoed in 2022). Apparently this one will be in the mall. I hope they have a outside access and I don't have to go through the mall.

I'm a poor "thrifty" so I've set a hard $500 cap on my personal GPU purchases. It's served me well for years, and now I'm relegated to waiting a generation or settling for mid-range. :ROFLMAO:

I just picked up an open box powercolor 7900 xtx for $750 from MC today.

Does anyone want it? I picked it up with no intention of using it but to pass it off to an [H] member
Red Devil 7900xtx?

I have a MC 10 miles away. 3 more about 20 to 30 miles away.
What part of the country? That seems like an odd number (ha! no pun intended) to have in a relatively small area, that is unless perhaps it's a massively dense area then it makes a bit more sense.

I live outside of Los Angeles. Second most populated city in America. We have one microcenter in the whole state. It's about 1.5hr away 😢

We won't have a MC until 2024. :(

3 hours, for me, but it is a lot better than a 10 hour trek up to Atlanta. Since nobody mentioned it, it's being built in Miami.

I live 5 miles from MC and I go there once every ten years to buy a CPU/motherboard combo when building a new PC.

I live in between 3 MC.

1 MC is about 7 miles away, the other is about 16 miles and the other is 34 miles away.

I hate it.

The one near me was 45 minutes away, with no traffic, and that was the perfect distance close enough to make it worth a trip for any spectacular deals far enough away that I wouldn't go crazy and upgrade all the time. Then they had to leave the area.
My local MC is in Paterson NJ. The others are in Brooklyn NY, Queens NY, Yonkers NY and Westchester NY. All within 30 miles from me or closer.

I live a 2 minute walk from the MC in Brooklyn, NY. Can't bring myself to buy a $700 "deal" lol.

Not a deal, just what it should have launched at last year.

Essentially we can say that, at least at MC, it's now reached a price point of sanity. Now deals can start, as it continues to fall in price.

Back