Gamers Nexus vs LinusTechTips: Smackdown

That apology video had some good parts but as a whole seemed completely tone deaf. Just wow, how is Linus still playing victim.

Guy's success obviously went way into his head and turned him into a narcissist. Just gtfo with excuses and whining already, own your idiot mistakes and just shut it. It really isn't that hard (that is unless you have an unfettered ego)
I'm not a big Linus fan, but I do honestly see him as a victim in this. As I stated above this was some "nobody" who probably drew the short straw for giving tours and those other people who made the video posted it, Linus' group did not post a video calling out HWU & GN, they didn't "approve the message" that was being said, but GN wanted to be a Gigachad and attacked the entire Linus group. Now granted Linus could have simply said "we're sorry for what was said, the guy was not told to say that, and we in no way believe HWU & GN are inferior to us" and I think all would have been fine ... but Linus being Linus had to try and explain away everything and just made himself look more and more sus.

So yeah I do think GN went off the rails with their initial video, but Linus' response to it was equally lame, and by the looks of it everyone wants to get in the last word and they just make themselves seem ... yeah.

Yeah I call BS. She actually lost me when she said she's receiving "death threats" over it. That's always the first sign somebody's making stuff up. Linus turned a YouTube channel into a multi-million dollar business. I think he was pushing too hard trying to get out 1 video a day and that it hurt the quality of the content but I'm not on board with what is apparently the next step, character assassination.

Seems like that what we always have to do these days. Somebody messes up a little bit, they must be destroyed.

Yeah I call BS. She actually lost me when she said she's receiving "death threats" over it. That's always the first sign somebody's making stuff up. Linus turned a YouTube channel into a multi-million dollar business. I think he was pushing too hard trying to get out 1 video a day and that it hurt the quality of the content but I'm not on board with what is apparently the next step, character assassination.

Seems like that what we always have to do these days. Somebody messes up a little bit, they must be destroyed.
To be honest, I do believe that part. Hell people receive death threats for dropping a pass in high school football. People do stupid shit on social media.....

Now I not saying she is right. But stating getting death threats....I believe it. Linus has over 15 million subs.....there has to be at 1 least loyal fan willing to do anything to protect Linus LOL.

Who even watches all these LTT videos? I might watch one video every few months, if it's a review on a new smartphone I may want, or new gaming monitor. And that's it. But does he have daily videos or something? if so I was not aware, plus don;t have time to watch all that.

And why have so much content? Isn't there a thing as too much content just to fill the airwaves? To me with that much content being pushed means he's in it purely for the money, and grfiting, and that's a scumbag used car salesman tactic.

Like how many videos need to be made about a few new smartphones or gaming monitors or new video cards every year? i could see maybe a couple dozen, maybe 30 or 40 videos for the entire year 365 days. But does he really produce a new video every day? if so, why? There's no need. I think Linus is a whiny immature little kid, that got way too big for his britches.

unfortunately he's a rich little bitch now

Are you new to the Internet

This is so stupidly common, it's honestly not surprising in the slightest

People dick ride their "team" to unhealthy degrees

If I were LTT I would not have published video(s) or responded in the way they did. I don't really think they did anything wrong (purposely, albeit some of it was sloppy.) and all this does is give the nerd rage machine more ammunition. Its their business and they run their business how they see fit - Steve and his nerd following would just find something else to be pissed at if it weren't for all the follow-up.

Former employee speaks out on the twitters:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691693740254228741.html

I'm skeptical on some of the alleged office drama but the contract stuff if true, doesn't speak well for LTT.
Thanks for posting, I read the whole thing. Usually I'm kinda cynical about ex-employee testimonies but the woman is well spoken, doesn't seem insane or merely disgruntled, and sites a lot of specific information that paints a dark picture ofLMG, that goes far beyond "normal" corporate politics and drama that just come with the territory.

Whether she really got "death threats" or not who knows, but tossing that aside there's still a lot there. Sometimes people will exaggerate when they don't need to because they're so beaten down that they think nobody will believe them without it.

Last edited:
The woman was well spoken
As linked previously, she did a guest video as someone who won a "build a new PC" contest, and was a big fan favorite, and was later offered a job. I recall seeing several videos she did, and I never really paid attention but after a while, she wasn't on videos any more. That could mean a bunch of things, but it can be construed to support her claims.

I'm not a big Linus fan, but I do honestly see him as a victim in this. As I stated above this was some "nobody" who probably drew the short straw for giving tours and those other people who made the video posted it, Linus' group did not post a video calling out HWU & GN, they didn't "approve the message" that was being said, but GN wanted to be a Gigachad and attacked the entire Linus group. Now granted Linus could have simply said "we're sorry for what was said, the guy was not told to say that, and we in no way believe HWU & GN are inferior to us" and I think all would have been fine ... but Linus being Linus had to try and explain away everything and just made himself look more and more sus.
If you watched the video and saw what they did to that small business you would not consider Linus to be a "victim" when he was clearly the original and repeated aggressor of the alleged claims.
He and his corporation's actions were beyond untrustworthy, unprofessional, unethical, probably illegal (potential theft, negligence, etc.), and quite frankly I'm amazed legal action wasn't taken against them.

I don't blame LTT's employees, I blame management, and we know who exactly is the management at LTT.
Linus has simply been exposed for corpo trash that he really is.

I won't even entertain an interview with a potential employer unless they disclose, at minimum, a salary range for the position. I've turned down interviews because of it. I'm not wasting my time unless I know the position is within a financial range that makes it worth pursuing. Most people are switching companies not only for advancement, but also environment and financial reasons. I f'd up once and did a long interview process with a rather large medical network. 2 hour phone interview, three 6 hour long in person interviews. When they presented me with an offer it was for significantly less than I was making at the time. Insultingly low. I wished them good luck in finding someone with half the experience or qualifications they were requiring for that salary.

So, yeah, not disclosing any kind of salary range is a massive red flag. Run. RUN!

I agree with this.

But I think people are taking things out of context and and wrongly correlating them, just to throw more hate on LTT.

When LTT were talking about not bringing up salary, they were talking about kids fresh out of school that want to be youtube stars. Not for hiring a senior engineers.
When they were hiring engineers for their new testing facility they actually said something akin to "if you don't think we can afford you, just name your price, try us.".

Those are two completely different types of positions, and they handled both differently.

Mufuckers trying to Weinstein Linus Tech Tips lmfao, this Youtube shit is pretty good

ezgif-2-d2a641ceb8.gif

Looks like Linus Media Group is going to have an external investigation regarding the allegations against them. When it rains, it pours.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/16/23834190/linus-tech-tips-gamersnexus-madison-reeves-controversy

Linus Sebastian’s Linus Media Group YouTube empire is currently in crisis, with accusations of theft, lapses in ethics, and most recently, allegations of sexual harassment. The company has currently paused all production to improve its review processes, and CEO Terren Tong tells The Verge an outside investigator will be hired to examine the harassment allegations.

Reading more about this stuff, when did Linus become an empire and a major corporation? Really?

I never followed Linus, always found him as a whiny chode, that was a major bullcrapper grfiter, but that's besides the point. I know he has a high subscriber count tech YouTube channel, but what else or how did he become some entertainment empire?

So many of his videos have click bait titles, and they come off as cringe and just dumb, like they're trying to be cool and funny, but Linus just seems like he's full of himself most of the time, and would not be surprised if he's a total jerk-off behind the scenes, and a cry baby.

Reading more about this stuff, when did Linus become an empire and a major corporation? Really?

I never followed Linus, always found him as a whiny chode, that was a major bullcrapper grfiter, but that's besides the point. I know he has a tech YouTube channel, but what else or how did he become some entertainment empire?

So many of his videos have click bait titles, and they come off as cringe and just dumb, like they're trying to be cool and funny, but Linus just seems like he's full of himself most of the time, and would not be surprised if he's a total jerk-off behind the scenes, and a cry baby.
Several different but all related YouTube channels, Floatplane (a "backup" streaming service in case something happened to YouTube) which was not as successful as they hoped but still has thousands of subscribers, and their official "merch store". I believe sometime within the last year they said the revenue generated from their merch store now exceeds the revenue generated from YouTube and sponsorships.

Floatplane never heard of that.

And Linus clothes and hats and stuff? Who the hell buys that third world made garbage?

Linus' target is approximately 25 videos a week (nothing released on Sunday) across the multiple channels he runs, so that's 4 videos a day.
You are way off with those numbers.

LTT releases 6 full production videos a week (even Sunday) and on Fridays there is the WAN Show, which is arguably a production because, despite them winging most of it, it has a script they follow.

ShortCircuit is less consitent but posts 3-5 short form videos a week.

Techlinked is about 3 a week.

Techquickie is 2 a week.

Gamelinked (which just launched a few months ago) is about 2 a week.

Mac Address which is barely 1 per week.

LMG Clips doesn't count because that's recycled content (obviously).

All other channels are defunct and haven't posted content in half a year.

So by my count, that's about 19 videos of varying production quality per week. LTT and ShortCircuit are arguably the only ones that a ton of time is spent on. So in terms of "quality", it's more like 9-14 videos a week so 2 per day.

No idea where you got 4 videos a day, that's so far off base it's egregious.

I didn't count Floatplane because that's paid content and I'm not a member there. I do know content there overlaps with YouTube content, so it's not 1:1. But if you want to cop-out with Floatplane bringing in the rest of your numbers, be my guest.

No idea where you got 4 videos a day, that's so far off base it's egregious.
Not sure if serious ? the video count of 25+ is simply coming from GamerNexus:

View: https://youtu.be/FGW3TPytTjc?t=280

6LTT, 1 wan, 3 techlinked, 3+ short circuit, 2 techquickie, 4 YT shorts, 2 floatplayne, 3+ LMG clips, 1 Mac Address

Maybe GamerNexus is playing with words here, but they of all people would have some grasp as what take enough time to "count" if they are not being misleading.

That "that's about 19 videos of varying production quality per week", being egregious far from 24 is maybe a joke with how dramatic it is.

Last edited:
2 floatplayne
Most of LMG's Floatplane content is simply the same videos that are on YT, but without ads (except for the inline sponsor stuff), but they do a certain amount of exclusives--usually it's extra footage from regular videos like the $5000 tech upgrade ones. 2/week seems like it might be a fair number for non-duplicated content. (I have an OG $3/mo floatplane sub, but to be honest I haven't watched a video there in more than a year, mainly out of laziness, so I probably ought to cancel it. Linus's certainly gotten far more $ out of me from that than from all the ads I've ever blocked.

Not sure if serious ? the video count of 25+ is simply coming from GamerNexus:

View: https://youtu.be/FGW3TPytTjc?t=280

6LTT, 1 wan, 3 techlinked, 3+ short circuit, 2 techquickie, 4 YT shorts, 2 floatplayne, 3+ LMG clips, 1 Mac Address

Maybe GamerNexus is playing with word here, but they of all people would have some graps as what take enough time to "count" if they are not being deginious

That "that's about 19 videos of varying production quality per week", being egregious far from 24 is maybe a joke with how dramatic it is.

Trust me, I'm not hung up on the 25+ number. It's meaningless to anyone except KPI numbers folk.

In my opinion, only the quality content counts. And it's half that number in count.

I'm not hung up on the 25+ number.
A friendly suggestion, then: use your words a bit more gently, because that's certainly how it felt to me. Even your own count of ~19 is pretty close to "my" 24-25, and amounts to 3 a day, not 2 (Linus has said in the past they only do videos 6 days a week, not that I bothered to check.)

A friendly suggestion, then: use your words a bit more gently, because that's certainly how it felt to me. Even your own count of ~19 is pretty close to "my" 24-25, and amounts to 3 a day, not 2 (Linus has said in the past they only do videos 6 days a week, not that I bothered to check.)
Ironically the "egregious" part was referring to the 4 a week not the 25+. You might want to go back and read carefully what was written.

Still, I'm tired of watching him do episodes on him wiring his house up, showing his pool and his Lamborghini. Am I the only one who finds this stuff uninteresting? I feel like I'm watching an episode of MTV Cribs or something. Yes, you're wealthy, you have nice things, we get it.
Those videos are just clever tax write offs. Nobody could watch those videos, but when he does his taxes he can write off remodeling his house and Lamborghini on his taxes. It's very clever honestly.
Former employee speaks out on the twitters:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1691693740254228741.html

I'm skeptical on some of the alleged office drama but the contract stuff if true, doesn't speak well for LTT.
I do remember me posting about how some employee's of LTT were being treated badly and people here got upset at me about it. Turns out there might have been some truth to that.

View: https://youtu.be/SoVq3SUMjw0

On one of the WAN shows Linus and Luke were both in agreement that they should continue to NOT discuss salary expectations at the start of the recruitment process for employees. Potential employees had to demonstrate "enthusiasm" about the position regardless of the potential compensation range before LTT / LMG would consider them and begin discussing compensation.
LOL - that's always a major red flag to me whenever I am interviewing a potential employer (see how I worded that?). A job interview is a two way street and both parties should not be wasting the other party's time, that's just disrespectful. I am upfront with my requirements as a candidate, in turn I expect the employer to be upfront about what they are offering (compensation, benefits, and of course job description), and then we can keep talking. I'm not going to waste my time interviewing multiple times to then get majorly low-balled because they were actually looking for a junior and I'm mid to senior.

If you watched the video and saw what they did to that small business you would not consider Linus to be a "victim" when he was clearly the original and repeated aggressor of the alleged claims.
Yes LMG is absolutely guilty for that and not a victim of it. But the point was how this all started had absolutely nothing to do with that, his EMPLOYEE said some stuff they shouldn't have to a 3rd party who was also taking a video which they posted that pissed off GN who decided to go looking for skeletons and yeah he found some.

I'm not excusing Linus for any past actions as a company he's done, but he is a victim for how this whole shits storm started, if it wasnt a copper water block it would be a mouse, if it wasnt a mouse it would be a keyboard, if not that it would be some graphs. Bottom line is Gamersnexus is not in the business of digging up dirt on others, none of this stuff they did just happened, but because they got a wild hair up their ass over what some employee said they decided to become just that, and yeah that is what Linus is a victim of.

Still, I'm tired of watching him do episodes on him wiring his house up, showing his pool and his Lamborghini. Am I the only one who finds this stuff uninteresting? I feel like I'm watching an episode of MTV Cribs or something. Yes, you're wealthy, you have nice things, we get it.
I dunno how you all can hate someone so much to blatantly make up things about them. He's never had a Lambo. He drives a Chevy Volt and I think an older Honda Odyssey for his family. He bought a used Porsche Taycan months ago and after a few months decided he hated it, sold it and went back to the Volt.

His house he was in up until just a year or so ago was a pretty modest/normal house too. But the one he's in now really isn't over the top either.

I never watched him, I never could get past all the stupid fucking faces he makes in most of the YouTubes thumbnails or whatever their called, sure Steve does some too, but not nearly as annoying as Linus! I feel the same disgust seeing Linus as I do seeing that POS Zuckerberg...
It makes more sense when you realize it's for the kids who drive lots of YT traffic.

For the most part, I like the LTT videos because they have some sense of entertainment value. I appreciate GN, but I find that they go on and on about things that often don't matter (especially thermals) because that's their thing. Hardware Unboxed is the best of both worlds IMO, with Jay occasionally having great content, too. I find it funny that he seems to be totally outside of all this drama in spite of being in the same general circle. I get what GN was doing with their original video, but it did feel a whole lot like an "Oh yeah?" revenge vid after that LTT tour vid. I think we all knew Linus would get super emotional and ramble after it, and I have a feeling GN did, too. They probably started recording their follow-up in advance, lol.

Back