Galaxy Note 3 to pack Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor

Rumor: Galaxy Note 3 shipping in September (32GB and 64GB memory versions only)
http://www.androidauthority.com/rum...ptember-32gb-64gb-galaxy-gear-october-257008/

Sam Mobile says that one of its sources revealed that the Galaxy Note3 will start shipping in week 36 (September 2-8 ). Sam Mobile seems to have confirmed the fact that the Galaxy Note 3 will not be available in a 16GB version, saying that the base model will have 32GB of memory, as previously hinted, and 64GB optional.

Nice to see Samsung, at least follow one good thing from Apple. Releasing new devices to market, shortly after the big announcement event. Apple is good with that, when they show off a new iPhone, it's on sale and in stores like a week later. I hate it when a company shows off a brand new product, and then it's nowhere to be found for a month or two after that,

Last edited:
Will MSRP be $750? Anyone know?

I'm out of contract with Verizon but can't renew my contract or I'll lose my grandfathered in unlimited data.:(

Has anyone successfully negotiated for say 5 - 10GB to give up their unlimited data to renew their contract?
I'm sure I'm dreaming...:(

My Wife bought her brand new Note 2 last year, direct from an ATT store, for $649 + tax. I think all new Samsung phones sell for full retail at that $600-$650 price.

I think only Worst Buy sells them for like $799 for some crazy reason, but if bought direct from the carrier should be at that $649 price. Or maybe you can buy it direct from Samsung's website next month ?

Rumor: Galaxy Note 3 shipping in September (32GB and 64GB memory versions only)
http://www.androidauthority.com/rum...ptember-32gb-64gb-galaxy-gear-october-257008/

Sam Mobile says that one of its sources revealed that the Galaxy Note3 will start shipping in week 36 (September 2-8 ). Sam Mobile seems to have confirmed the fact that the Galaxy Note 3 will not be available in a 16GB version, saying that the base model will have 32GB of memory, as previously hinted, and 64GB optional.

Nice to see Samsung, at least follow one good thing from Apple. Releasing new devices to market, shortly after the big announcement event. Apple is good with that, when they show off a new iPhone, it's on sale and in stores like a week later. I hate it when a company shows off a brand new product, and then it's nowhere to be found for a month or two after that,
Thank goodness that HTC started a revolution on having base 32 GB...

freddie_mercury_by_thewalrus99-d5ls02a_zps2245c551.jpg

Lol, I'm with Kuyaglen though. 16GB flagships need to DIAF, esp. with how bloated up they can get, leaving only 9-11GBs available for use.

They should at least put the OS and system files on a seperate storage chip so people can use the full 16GBs, then it wouldn't be so bad. Or even better do what they're starting to do now and spend another $5 for an additional 16GBs for a 32GB minimum. It's about time we move to 32/64/128 configurations. It's 2013 now and no we don't want to rely on cloud storage for our media. I only use the cloud (G-Drive and Dropbox) for documents and small files for school and stuff, maybe some backups from my phone.

So... has this passed by the FCC yet? I know devices that aren't going to be sold for 3-4 months pass through it...

any more news?

I have to say, having the same soc makes development very easy but it also makes it boring.

Miss you OMAP.

One thing that worries me about that thin bezel is if the screen has been fused together like they did with the S3 which caused some pretty big problems with durability.

I don't doubt that those pictures are the Note3.

Is the Note 3 coming with a new updated version of Touchwiz ? or just the same that is on the S4, except being 4.3 based ? Or can we expect a pretty big Touchwiz update on the N3?

Is the Note 3 coming with a new updated version of Touchwiz ? or just the same that is on the S4, except being 4.3 based ? Or can we expect a pretty big Touchwiz update on the N3?
It'll be bloated as hell with gimmicky features. But since Snapdragon 800 is more powerful SoC, TW probably wouldn't be as laggy like in the GS4.

More then likely a new version. Samsung stated a few months back they were working on removing a majority of the bloat in their newer touchwiz interface to address space issues and performance issues. I would expect the major update to happen with the Note3's release, as 4.3 had some decent upgrades over 4.1 and its heavily rumored that the Note3 will be released with 4.3.

I'm a fan of TPU Cases. Seems like they will have a hard time making one for thin bezel phones. Still getting it though!

I'm getting pretty excited... stuff is starting to leak such as the screen assembly. I REALLY like the thin thin bezel. I haven't been this excited for a phone since the original Evo on Sprint.

Apparently a Samsung exec revealed that the Note 3 will be revealed on September 4th, as well as the "Galaxy Gear."

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/27...ote-iii-and-galaxy-gear/#.UhxsQhSRgZU.twitter

Galaxy-Note-3-Display-Assembly-1.jpg

Revealed on my birthday? How nice of them. Now... if they could go ahead and ship me a free one as well...

Apparently to rumor, the Note 3 will support full 4K video recording... (lol)...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/27/samsung-galaxy-note-iii-rumor-4k-video-recording/
The minimum requirement for full 4K video is 12.8MP camera. If it's 16:9, then all you need is 8.3 MP sensors, while cinema ratio is 8.9 MP. If my math is right...

But the GS4 has a 13 MP camera. It's fully capable of 4K video. The issue was that the SoC is NOT. Snapdragon 800 would be powerful enough. So 4K video isn't surprising.

Last edited:
Adreno 320 doesnt have full support for 4k but the 330 does, others should know what fps it can handle, im sure its either 24 or 30.

Cases will be a problem for this phone, I'm skipping this note

Why make some a blanket statement and not follow it up with "And this is why"

Because as far as I can see since this is a flagship and very buzz worthy phone, there will be many brands of cases out there including e-bay and amazon before September ends.

Edit: Also to add. You're sure you will skip this phone because of the cases being a problem, and only the cases?

Cases will be a problem for this phone, I'm skipping this note

Why make some a blanket statement and not follow it up with "And this is why"

Because as far as I can see since this is a flagship and very buzz worthy phone, there will be many brands of cases out there including e-bay and amazon before September ends.

Edit: Also to add. You're sure you will skip this phone because of the cases being a problem, and only the cases?

Hah, indeed. To add to that, cases weren't a problem with the Note 2 and the Note 3 is supposed to be a bit smaller overall than the Note 2. That statement holds no water whatsoever. If a phone is popular enough (which any Galaxy phone will be), there will be TONs of cases available for it. There definitely isn't any shortage of selection for my Note 2.

Hah, indeed. To add to that, cases weren't a problem with the Note 2 and the Note 3 is supposed to be a bit smaller overall than the Note 2. That statement holds no water whatsoever. If a phone is popular enough (which any Galaxy phone will be), there will be TONs of cases available for it. There definitely isn't any shortage of selection for my Note 2.

I don't think Bman said there won't be cases, but more of a problem, being edge to edge screen, how will the case have enough room to attach securely to the sides of the phone, and not actually be touching the screen, or inhibiting your fingers from touching the outside edge.

I don't think Bman said there won't be cases, but more of a problem, being edge to edge screen, how will the case have enough room to attach securely to the sides of the phone, and not actually be touching the screen, or inhibiting your fingers from touching the outside edge.

Ahh, I gotcha. I still don't think it would be much of an issue though. The case still has plenty of bezel to grab at the top and bottoms of the phone and if it's a thick/hard case, 1-2mm's are sufficient to clip onto on the sides if you taper the edges so your finger/stylus can still touch the edge of the display easily. Thin cases wouldn't have a problem at all since they normally only come 1-2mm's over ths sides on every other phone, at least that's about how much my current TPU case grabs the sides on my Note 2 and it has never came off in a fall or anything.

Sameway it does with an iphone.

I hope the N3 is thinner, I like thin phones, not iPhone 5 thin, that's a bit too thin for me @ 7.6mm, but the N2 at 9.4mm is a little thick, somewhere in the middle would be perfect, like matching the Galaxy S3 thickness 8.6mm

Didn't the S4 get a lot thinner from the S3 ? I think a difference of 0.7mm, so the Note 3 could go down that difference too maybe.

Last edited:
I think the Note 2 feels plenty thin even with my slim TPU case on it. When I take it off, it feels almost too thin to me. I think because it's so long/wide, it makes it feel thinner, but I would be perfectly happy if the Note 3 was just as thin or thicker for the sake of having a larger battery. I've thought about getting that 9300 mAh Zero Lemon Battery just to make it nice and thick so I can hold it easier, but that would also make it more awkward in the pocket.

I bought an anker battery to hold in my car for emergencies, but I think that zero lemon may be a first purchase for my next phone.

I think the Note 2 feels plenty thin even with my slim TPU case on it. When I take it off, it feels almost too thin to me. I think because it's so long/wide, it makes it feel thinner, but I would be perfectly happy if the Note 3 was just as thin or thicker for the sake of having a larger battery. I've thought about getting that 9300 mAh Zero Lemon Battery just to make it nice and thick so I can hold it easier, but that would also make it more awkward in the pocket.

I hope the N3 is thinner, I like thin phones, not iPhone 5 thin, that's a bit too thin for me @ 7.6mm, but the N2 at 9.4mm is a little thick, somewhere in the middle would be perfect, like matching the Galaxy S3 thickness 8.6mm

Didn't the S4 get a lot thinner from the S3 ? I think a difference of 0.7mm, so the Note 3 could go down that difference too maybe.

If it's anything like OP's photo, then I will be very pleased.

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-concept-1_zps3958aa7c.jpg

If it's anything like OP's photo, then I will be very pleased.

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-concept-1_zps3958aa7c.jpg

I think the Note 3 will look pretty close like this, just more squared off corners, not so rounded. I hope it has this matte silver banding around it, I like that, and also the flat back is cool, not a fan of bulging protruding backs.

I think the Note 3 will look pretty close like this, just more squared off corners, not so rounded. I hope it has this matte silver banding around it, I like that, and also the flat back is cool, not a fan of bulging protruding backs.

I agree. Flat back looks great, and I hope they will always have the removable batteries too.

Back