Galaxy Note 3 to pack Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor

What's with these forum rumors on the Note 3 ? Nothing to link, but rumors across the tech blogs have recently been saying;

New rumors suggest each U.S. carrier will get their own different size Note 3, one carrier a 6", two will get a 5.7", and one a 5.5". Sort of like back when in 2011 carriers got the Galaxy S2, they each got different sized and shaped S2 phones.

I hope this is not case. That was crazy in 2011, when the U.S. carriers got all these different S2's, none matching the original and nicest international S2.

I hope thats false, seeing as what made the note 2 do so well was the fact it had the same model on all carriers, same with the s3 and the s4.

I hope thats false, seeing as what made the note 2 do so well was the fact it had the same model on all carriers, same with the s3 and the s4.

Agree, brand recognition comes from selling the exact same phone worldwide on all carriers, I think it damages the product if you have half a dozen different versions selling on different carriers.

I would think end of the day, the main Note 3 will be a 5.7" model, that has the same style / design as the Galaxy S4, and sold that way on majority of all carriers.

yes, I could see later down the road, maybe different versions, like an Active, or mini possibly, but not at launch.

i hope we only see an active varient but honestly they shouldnt have any different models, they would cloud their line up so bad that they would over compete with themselves.

i hope we only see an active varient but honestly they shouldnt have any different models, they would cloud their line up so bad that they would over compete with themselves.

Agreed, even now the S4 has three variants; the main Galaxy S4, the S4 Active, and the S4 Mini.

Would not shock me to see Samsung do the same for the Note 3.

Agree, brand recognition comes from selling the exact same phone worldwide on all carriers, I think it damages the product if you have half a dozen different versions selling on different carriers.

I would think end of the day, the main Note 3 will be a 5.7" model, that has the same style / design as the Galaxy S4, and sold that way on majority of all carriers.

yes, I could see later down the road, maybe different versions, like an Active, or mini possibly, but not at launch.

brand recognition comes from having the same name, not necessarily the same phone. Before they named the phones different even though they were usually almost the exact same phone.

Snapdragon 800-powered Galaxy Note III (SM-N900L) appears on GFX Bench

The upcoming phablet has now appeared on benchmark site GFX benchmark, confirming some specs like a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU, 1920 x 1080 pixels display, and Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.

Other specs of the Galaxy Note III are rumored to include 3GB of RAM, 5.7-6″ Super AMOLED display (supposedly with a flexible display variant), a 13-megapixel camera possibly with optical image stabilization, and the customary S Pen stylus.

So they say 5.7" - 6" screen ? I sure hope these rumors of different sized screens aren't real ? I like 5.7", just a hair larger than the N2, and now being 1080p is just perfect to me, still a size that can be held as easy as the N2. I don't want to see a 6" N3

Im holding off on judgement about the size till it actually comes out. Remember the H6 is also rumored to have a 5.9" screen.

Im holding off on judgement about the size till it actually comes out. Remember the H6 is also rumored to have a 5.9" screen.

I am betting the main most common Note 3 will be 5.7" screen. Follows in line with the screen size going up .02" every model; Note1 @ 5.3" and Note 2 @ 5.5", and then the Note 3 @ 5.7" ?

Samsung Unpacked event scheduled for September 4
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-unpacked-event-scheduled-september-4

It's been rumored, and now we now for sure. Samsung is hosting an Unpacked event in Berlin, Germany on September 4 just before the annual IFA show begins in the city. The star of the show? Looking at this we're certainly looking at a new Galaxy Note device, possibly the Note 3. On the same day too, Samsung will be hosting an experience in New York City, for those not able to get to Berlin.

Samsung has used a pre-IFA event for the past two years to unveil the first two Galaxy Note smartphones, so the third generation model has long been expected for the same treatment.

This is definitely absolutely positively the first rumor that I have ever seen suggesting a September 4 announcement for the GN3

This is definitely absolutely positively the first rumor that I have ever seen suggesting a September 4 announcement for the GN3

What ?

It's rumored all Summer, that the event in Berlin this September would be for the new Note phone release. That last two Note phones, were also officially announced at the IFA show in Berlin, the past two years. This is no surprise, and was pretty much expected.

What ?

It's rumored all Summer, that the event in Berlin this September would be for the new Note phone release. That last two Note phones, were also officially announced at the IFA show in Berlin, the past two years. This is no surprise, and was pretty much expected.

I think you turned off your sarcasm detector.

I think you turned off your sarcasm detector.

LOL, I thought you were BS'ing me :p

I think it's only mentioned in this thread once or twice ;)

Johnny, you and I both have the exact same [H] time of 6.6 years WOW

I'm actually more interested in the Xperia Ultra now. Seems to do everything a Note 3 can without the ugly-ass TouchWiz... though I still really want an OLED screen.

Less than a month away until the official reveal :cool:

Will we get some good leaks ahead of then, or will they keep a tight lid on it ?

Id say thayve done a good job so far.

Yes they have. I think the S4 was kept pretty tight all the way until the day of reveal ? Yeah we knew the specs and hardware beforehand, but not the actual design / style, until right up to the official announcement.

Yes they have. I think the S4 was kept pretty tight all the way until the day of reveal ? Yeah we knew the specs and hardware beforehand, but not the actual design / style, until right up to the official announcement.

Which is the only thing we care about, since most phones have the same internals I guess.

Although id wager we dont even know the specs, just the "safe" assumptions.

My only concern, I hope the Note 3 has amazing battery life, like that of the Note 2. The N2 is known for awesome battery life, I hope with all this new tech in the Note 3, bigger higher res screen, faster processor doesn't hurt battery life.

It's kinda boring that every American phone has a Qualcomm processor, sans Apple.

It's kinda boring that every American phone has a Qualcomm processor, sans Apple.

No competition, but not a bad chip from the US, too bad nvidia cant get their chips out as the tegra4 isnt that bad.

No competition, but not a bad chip from the US, too bad nvidia cant get their chips out as the tegra4 isnt that bad.

Seems that Qualcomm just owns everybody w/ their radio support. Of course the chip is great too which makes it a double-whammy.

With all this word of JBQ leaving AOSP development, due to the closed nature of Qualcomm, which sucks for ROM's.

But for the Note 3 I am happier with just a tweaked Touchwiz ROM over a Android 5.0 CM11 ROM, plus I run Nova launcher on top if it anyways. So if the N3 has the Snapdragon 800, being Qualcomm, will there still at least be TW ROM's for the Note 3 ? Or will ROM's be much harder to come by moving forward ?

I'm really surprised that CM would even involve themselves in some of this stuff if an army of lawyers is all suited up and ready for battle. It's just not worth the hassle IMO, but I suspect nothing will change. At least... I haven't heard any rumblings of change.

I wish Samsung would man up and throw their new Octa 8 into the Note 3.

You might see more competition with the next gen of products as Intel and Nvidia seem to be working on the LTE issue required for the NA market.

You might see more competition with the next gen of products as Intel and Nvidia seem to be working on the LTE issue required for the NA market.
Yup, but the thing to note here is that both Intel and NVidia are using Software-Define Radios instead. I eagerly await the Intel Bay Trail phones next year.

Battery on Samsung Galaxy Note III to be 3450mAh
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Battery-on-Samsung-Galaxy-Note-III-to-be-3450mAh_id46290

According to our source, the Samsung Galaxy Note III will feature a 3450mAh cell inside, powering the device. So how does that compare with previous units of the device? The Samsung GALAXY Note II included a 3100mAh cell which means that the new battery offers an 11% improvement in capacity.

The larger battery life leaks also add credibility to recent claims that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 specs sheet would see a new 3GB DDR3 RAM chip make the cut. Unveiling its latest mobile RAM production late last month, an official Samsung spokesperson stated: “Samsung's new ultra-slim memory solutions will enable thinner smartphone designs and allow for additional battery space, while offering a data transfer speed of up to 2,133 megabits per second (Mbps) per pin."

So that's not a major bump in the battery, with this new Note 3 running 1080p screen and faster hardware, will that be enough to give similarly Note 2 type battery life ? The N2 which is known to be pretty much the battery champ for smartphones besides the Droid Ultra MAXX, hoping the new Note 3 won't be a let down in the battery life department, and matches the N2 or surpasses it ?

Last edited:
So that's not a major bump in the battery, with this new Note 3 running 1080p screen and faster hardware, will that be enough to give similarly Note 2 type battery life ? The N2 which is known to be pretty much the battery champ for smartphones besides the Droid Ultra MAXX, hoping the new Note 3 won't be a let down in the battery life department, and matches the N2 or surpasses it ?

Are you high? How would a 3450 mAh battery be a let down? Yes, with each new generation of SoCs, they get faster... and more power efficient due to chip die shrinks and other optimizations. So whatever the phone gains on power demands (larger/higher res display), is pretty much negated by better power efficiency of the SoC. I really don't think you'll have to worry about battery life in this phone. Esp. if they keep the removable battery an option so you can put an extended battery on it for retarded good battery life, like this 9300 mAh battery that's available for the Note 2. I think that's the best part of having a removable battery; options for extended batteries.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Are you high? How would a 3450 mAh battery be a let down? Yes, with each new generation of SoCs, they get faster... and more power efficient due to chip die shrinks and other optimizations. So whatever the phone gains on power demands (larger/higher res display), is pretty much negated by better power efficiency of the SoC. I really don't think you'll have to worry about battery life in this phone. Esp. if they keep the removable battery an option so you can put an extended battery on it for retarded good battery life, like this 9300 mAh battery that's available for the Note 2. I think that's the best part of having a removable battery; options for extended batteries.

Maybe I shouldn't have smoked that big bong before I typed that. LOL :cool:

You make a good point, a 3,450mAh battery is pretty large for stock, and even though the new phone will be faster and more powerful, but with new hardware comes better efficiency and lower dies that help conserve energy better. So overall we should expect equal to, or better than Note 2 battery life.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bigger screen, more pixels, much faster SoC, id say slightly worse then the note2 in battery life, but I dont know the power draw of the old exynos, it could be worse then the S800.

Either way im guessing it will be close.

I am looking for a new phone this Fall, will retire my Nexus 4.

But for me, Battery life is #1. What new or current phone will give me Note 2 battery life ? But wanting something newer than the N2 itself.

Next month we will see;

- Note 3 with 3,450mAh battery and 5.7" 1080p screen
- Sony Honami with 3,000mAh battery and 5" 1080p screen

Doing a little digging the 4412 in the note 2 is rated 2 to 4w (yikes!) and the S800 has nothing yet, other then massively less then tegra4.

We also have yet to see the 5420 announced in anything. I want to see a varient with that beast! Totally unnecessary chip, but still MOAR POWER!

SamMobile leaks more specs for the Note 3.

• 5.68″ Full HD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080)
  • Octa-core processor clocked at 1.8GHz (depending on the market)
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 13MP back-facing camera with OIS technology
  • ARM Mali-T628 MP6 GPU
  • 4G LTE
  • 16GB/32GB/64GB storage options
  • microSD slot supportable of additional 64GB
  • Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
  • 3,200mAh battery

In addition, the Note 3 is reported to have the same dimensions as the Galaxy Note 2, but will feature thinner bezels with a larger display.

That last part is what's most important to me. If that's true, I might sell my Note 2 toward s a new Note 3. But there's no way I can have a phone larger than this.

SamMobile leaks more specs for the Note 3.

That last part is what's most important to me. If that's true, I might sell my Note 2 toward s a new Note 3. But there's no way I can have a phone larger than this.

3200mAh battery ? Ton of other tech sites earlier today were reporting the Note 3 having a 3450mAh battery.

I really like the idea of the N3 having a larger screen, but overall the phone size will be no larger than the Note 2.

I predict the Note 3 to follow exactly what the S4 was from the S3, meaning the S4 had a larger screen and bigger battery, but was overall a smaller, lighter and thinner phone.

I also predict the Note 3 to have the same design and look as the S4, meaning the same White Frost and Black Mist colors and look like a larger S4. Just he same way last year, that the Note 2 followed the S3 design and shape.

Hah not more then 20 minutes after mentioning the 5420, it gets rumored as the SoC.

Back