Galaxy GTX 670 GC 4GB $379.99 amir @ TigerDirect!

Galaxy,

Is the warranty transferable? Also, do you have to register it within 30 days? Thanks

Galaxy,

Is the warranty transferable? Also, do you have to register it within 30 days? Thanks

Yes, you'll need to register within 30 days to get the 3 year extended warranty, otherwise it defaults to the standard warranty.

There's no need to transfer it if you trade with someone. The warranty follows the card, not the customer. All you need to do is share a copy of your receipt with whoever's getting the card. If it's still within the 30 days, the next person can go register like normal and get the extended warranty. If it's after 30 days, you'll need to share your login info for your support account so the new owner can go in and update the name/address/phone# listed on it and retain the full warranty.

I'm getting a gtx 670 card from an ebay transaction; It is NIB but I"m not sure I can get their receipt and I don't think they've registered it. Can this card be registered for warranty and/or what warranty will I have? Sounds like I may be out of luck.

If you can get a copy of the receipt, you'll be entitled to whatever remaining warranty the card has from the original date of purchase. In order to get the extended warranty, the original owner will need to have registered the card within 30 days and you'll need to gain access to his/her support account at our site to claim it, so you'll need the username and password that was used to register. Otherwise, if you get just the copy of the receipt you'll be covered 2 years from the original purchase date.

If my card breaks and it's not in warranty can I send it to galaxy for repairs? I may have no choice, as I don't think I'm going to have either of those bits of info.

If my card breaks and it's not in warranty can I send it to galaxy for repairs? I may have no choice, as I don't think I'm going to have either of those bits of info.

We won't just leave you high and dry if you don't have a receipt, but we evaluate issues like these on a case-by-case basis. Typically we'll ask for a photo of the card front and back, use the info on the stickers to determine what we can, and try our best to do what's fair.

For starters, no GTX 670 could be older than May 10th 2012, so logically everyone should be covered to May 2014 at the very least.

OK, thanks. I rarely have any problems with a video card but occasionally have had to RMA (gtx 280 era comes to mind); hopefully won't be an issue but if so I'll do whatever necessary. I bought on ebay and didn't consider the warranty implications.

Back