Gainward Vs BFG 6800 Ultra!!

Caliche

Limp Gawd
While looking at the specs to decide which is a better card to buy, I came across the fact that Gainward publishes its video ram timing for the new 6800 series and the other card manufactures do not, at least from what I have seen.

With Gainwards ram timings at 1.6ns for their new 6800 CoolFx and Extreme model, I wondered what the other card manufactures would be? But since they don't publish them, I'm led to believe that Gainward has better ram timings than the rest. Which means a better card to see that least!

On another note, Gainward publishes that their GPU's are 1 of 1000, hand-picked from the rest of the batch. Damn, really hard to beat that! Those ATI X800XT ppl can't claim that for fact. Which then again, niether of any of the other 6800 manufactures can. Even the ones coming out with Extreme Editions. Which by the way is EVGA, XFX, and BFG. Although Gainwards will be excluded from the rest becz their extreme editions are also hand-picked as well.

Endpoint, I see alot of ppl posting OMFG OMG GL MOAAKLFDFHOADfOHAUOFHUIDF I just got my X800XT/Pro or PNY, BFG, or MSI. In the end that don't mean jack shi7. Why. becz all one has to say is "your GPU hand-picked from the rest." Sometimes its not about speed, but about quality.

Caliche

Endpoint, I see alot of ppl posting OMFG OMG GL MOAAKLFDFHOADfOHAUOFHUIDF I just got my X800XT/Pro or PNY, BFG, or MSI. In the end that don't mean jack shi7. Why. becz all one has to say is "your GPU hand-picked from the rest." Sometimes its not about speed, but about quality.

Please explain to me why an X800Pro or XT is gonna lack quality of build over a 6800? :rolleyes:
You sound like you are just dribbling plain shit to me?The build and quality of the card all comes down to how reputable the manufacturer that builds the card is?And there are some dodgy ones on both sides of the fence?

Please explain to me why an X800Pro or XT is gonna lack quality of build over a 6800?

Fact in point, ATI X800 owners can't say that there GPU's got hand-picked. At least, that I haven't heard of.

You sound like you are just dribbling plain shit to me?The build and quality of the card all comes down to how reputable the manufacturer that builds the card is?

If the GPU is 1 of 1000 hand-picked than the quality of that GPU is better than the rest. Your dribbling shit on yourself with your own misconvoluted understanding.

Caliche

@trapine said:
The build and quality of the card all comes down to how reputable the manufacturer that builds the card is?And there are some dodgy ones on both sides of the fence?

Are there any manufacturers on the ATI side which offer free lifetime warranty & replacements like BFG does for their Nvidia cards (including the 6800 series)?

Are there any manufacturers on the ATI side which offer free lifetime warranty & replacements like BFG does for their Nvidia cards (including the 6800 series)?

Another great point, if I made add, about getting a Nvidia card.

anybody who doesnt beat their cards with baseball bats before putting them into their computers should be fine. but a lifetime warranty is always good :D :cool: :D

ummmmmm....... im sure that the bad processors are sorted out by machine over at ati. so what good does it mean that they got some 8 year old mexican picking out all the nvidia gpus because they are "pretty" :rolleyes:

Visontek sure does offer lifetime warranty. Just the 6800 Ultra, before u make more stupid comments. The build quality of Ati cards are great, its not an issue when deciding which card to buy. There are so many good manufacturers making both cards it just isnt even an issue anymore.

jamestime88 said:
ummmmmm....... im sure that the bad processors are sorted out by machine over at ati. so what good does it mean that they got some 8 year old mexican picking out all the nvidia gpus because they are "pretty" :rolleyes:

because they would put an uninformed mexican in a high-class business environment :eek:

Mister.Auto said:
Visontek sure does offer lifetime warranty....

Does anyone know what kind of lifetime warranty it is? Is it like BFG's lifetime warranty, which is for as long as you own the card. Or is it like PNY's lifetime warranty, which is good as long as the product is in production. After that, no support. They are both called lifetime warranties, but they have vastly different meanings. I couldn't find anything on visiontek's site to explain the warranty in detail.

All speculation here:

I have a 5900 Ultra, 6800 Ultra, and 9800 Pro. In my opinion, Nvidia cards seem to be built to a higher quality standard. That is based on the way ATI and Nvidia put their little componets on such as the molex plugs, little heat sinks, fan and fan plug, and general layout. My latest PNY 6800 Ultra, is built very well in every detail. Close examination of all the componets, shows attention to detail and quality like I have never seen before.

whats the point of this thread...?
BFG is special?

I don't get it
you do realize this is probably some marketing hype and Nvidia just sends them what ever they see fit :)

or even better only 1 out of 1000 Nvidia GPUs Works :D

JBark said:
Does anyone know what kind of lifetime warranty it is? Is it like BFG's lifetime warranty, which is for as long as you own the card. Or is it like PNY's lifetime warranty, which is good as long as the product is in production. After that, no support. They are both called lifetime warranties, but they have vastly different meanings. I couldn't find anything on visiontek's site to explain the warranty in detail.

The Bottom Line:

There is no question about it; VisionTek is selling a solid gaming card with a great amount of enthusiast potential. The MSRP is $399 USD. The MSRP of the GeForce 6800 Ultra is $499. The cards stack up to be gaming equals when you view the big picture. You can do the math on the pricing levels. Also you will want to consider that VisionTek is a USA-based company that has toll-free phone support during normal business hours, and they back their cards with a lifetime warranty that we have seen them stand behind.

We have been very strong supporters of buying ATI brand boxed video cards, but now that we have seen VisionTek weather a choppy business climate over the last year and come out swinging, they are once again turning our heads. If warranty and support are an issue for you when you buy a video card, the VisionTek X800Pro is looking to possibly become the de facto standard for ATI cards in the USA.

Please feel free to discuss the VisionTek X800Pro here in our forums.

scott122 said:
All speculation here:

I have a 5900 Ultra, 6800 Ultra, and 9800 Pro. In my opinion, Nvidia cards seem to be built to a higher quality standard. That is based on the way ATI and Nvidia put their little componets on such as the molex plugs, little heat sinks, fan and fan plug, and general layout. My latest PNY 6800 Ultra, is built very well in every detail. Close examination of all the componets, shows attention to detail and quality like I have never seen before.

I seem to get the same feeling when comparing my card to my friend's 5900.

whats the point of this thread...?

This has already been answered. For those who have missed the meaning, plz read the first post of the thread!

Please feel free to discuss the VisionTek X800Pro here in our forums.

Not in this thread, but forums yes.

Caliche

This thread is public masterbation plain and simple. You're getting a watercooled Gainward. Good for you. Now please inform the rest of us as to why we need to give a shit.

I would consider "hand-picked" to be marketing babble. Monkeys can hand-pick something, the deciding factor is what their basis is for selecting the chip, which has not been disclosed. If they said "we hand-pick only the GPU's that can run at XX frequency" then it might mean something. Publishing the RAM and/or GPU timings when others don't is something to consider though, if you know its above the stock setting.

Caliche said:

Caliche

Yeah Gainward knows ALL about quality.. Anyone remember the infamous Gainward Ti4200 fiasco? :rolleyes:

ScHpAnKy said:
because they would put an uninformed mexican in a high-class business environment :eek:

may i ask you and the jamestime88 guy why are you people bringing nationality to the video card issue

tranCendenZ said:
Visiontek

M1dknight said:
Just for those who don't

Gainwards oh so great quality record

I don't see any real differences in manufacturing quality between ATI and nVidia in general. Both have good partners and both have not so good ones.
Ai, i've owned both and both are quality built, those who say otherwise either haven't seen/owned the cards of today or are just fanboys

Back