Gainward GF4 Ti4200 128mb Problem ?

RWalker2

Limp Gawd
Hey guys I used to be pretty active here but have lost a bit of interest/time so I'm a bit out of the loop and in need of some quick suggestions.

My card in my current system (sig) has been acting up recently... my system turns on but I get no video and my bios doesnt beep and my mobo spits out a "testing VGA Bios" error code so there is obviously something there. I tried removing all components etc and I still get the same problem so its narrowed down to the video card for certain.

I popped in my old TNT2 Ultra card and my system works np.. okay great I guess I might have to spring for a new card... Well I test it in my step-dads system and it works np - multiple times. So I'm about to start up UT (yes '99 ) and its a bit b0rked and I realize the problem, obviously I hadn't set it up for my TNT2 card. So after a few minutes of not working I turn off my PC and put in my GF4 card and it works! Works fine all night and then I turned off the PC for the night. Well of course it won't work the next morning in my PC. At this point I'm thinking something with the card or my PSU but that doesnt make sense because like I said it didnt work when I removed all excess components.

Anyone have any ideas ??

Thanks,
Rob

just rma it to gainward. say it checkerboards or something and they'll get you a new card. then sell it and never buy gainward again. after two consecutive rma's i know i won't.

Haha yeah no checkerboarding here... I guess I'll try to RMA and make sure they don't test it and find out it works in their systems since it does work in my other one... still doesn't make sense but I guess thats computers :)

Back