G400 angle snapping removed.

cpate

n00b
Angle snapping was removed as of PID LZ13333. Lower PIDs have angle snapping.

There is no way to specify in online orders which version you are going to get. As time goes on, it is more likely that you will receive a non-angle-snapping version as stock of the older version is depleted. New units have been working their way into the channel for several months, though, so your chances of getting the new one are only increasing at this point.

In retail stores, you can tell the difference between the older and newer versions by the package's transparent closure labels; G400s without angle snapping have the Logitech logo printed on these labels. G400s with angle snapping have no printing on these labels.

Hmm. I think the G500s have the option in setpoint to remove angle snapping.

Funny that the G400s don't?

The sensor in the G400 does not have a user-configurable angle snapping on/off setting. You have to choose which one you want when you write the firmware. The G500 is using a sensor architecture that is totally different, and had that feature built in. If it were possible to turn it on/off in software, that option would have been built into the software.

bought one yesterday PID LZ13433 , my feelings are mixed, 1800 and 3600 dpi are useless for low sens gaming, i get tons of neg accel during fast flicks so i have to use the native 800dpi setting for optimal tracking, my bf3 sens is about 8 clicks from far left so i need 35cm for a 360 turn.

Everytime i hop into a mi28 i can slow down the turret by switching to 400dpi which is very useful, tanks and mounted guns are extra slow now since I didn't adjust the vehicle sensitivity ( my previous mouse was a zowie AM set to 2300 dpi ) but it feels pretty good when i up the dpi to 1800, soflam is still f*cking SLOOOWWWW even @ 3600dpi because it gets affected by the soldier sensitivity slider only, stupid game :S

Oh, of course it doesn't glide better on my G-TF speed than a mx510 with mx-1 hyperglides and its metal part removed, just like I expected :(

bought one yesterday PID LZ13433 , my feelings are mixed, 1800 and 3600 dpi are useless for low sens gaming, i get tons of neg accel during fast flicks so i have to use the native 800dpi setting for optimal tracking, my bf3 sens is about 8 clicks from far left so i need 35cm for a 360 turn.

Everytime i hop into a mi28 i can slow down the turret by switching to 400dpi which is very useful, tanks and mounted guns are extra slow now since I didn't adjust the vehicle sensitivity ( my previous mouse was a zowie AM set to 2300 dpi ) but it feels pretty good when i up the dpi to 1800, soflam is still f*cking SLOOOWWWW even @ 3600dpi because it gets affected by the soldier sensitivity slider only, stupid game :S

Oh, of course it doesn't glide better on my G-TF speed than a mx510 with mx-1 hyperglides and its metal part removed, just like I expected :(

Where did you buy yours? Been looking to get this mouse, but definitely don't want a pre 13333 PID

Enlighten me, what exactly is angle snapping? I have a G500
Basically it looks for near-horizontal and near-vertical trajectories and snaps them to perfectly horizontal and perfectly vertical. AKA trying to fix something that wasn't broken in the first place.

Back