G19 questions

variant

Gawd
Can you program any key to do any of the macros that the G keys can be programmed to do? I primarily like to use the arrow and surrounding keys. Also can you set a macro to activate on a timer? So if I was playing an MMO, I could have it cast a buff every time it runs out.

Go for a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, you can reprogram any of the keys to do macros for you, plus its mechanical and its just amazing how much better mechanical switches are. I had a G15 before this and the screen was pretty much useless in actual use.

Looking at the latest version of the logitech software, only the G keys can be programmed with macros. Yes, you can program the macros on a timer, they are timed in milliseconds...though I'm not sure if there are any restrictions (would think not). The timer can be set to activate on key press and keep repeating, or only initiate when you hold the key down. You can also record the time between key-presses when creating custom macros.

As for the screen, I disagree with the above user. The screen has uses, though it really depends on what you do and what information you need. I personally use the coretemp applet, and its great, as I can monitor temperatures regardless of what I'm doing on my screen. Also, the email apps and rss feeds are nice if you need to monitor those. Game implementation varies..some games its useful, others not so much. I like it in BF:BC2, as I can monitor specific aspects of my stats...though its not make or break for the game. Mind you, the G19 uses a completely different screen, one that's probably much more useful (full color + increased resolution). The G15 is restricted to minimal monochromatic text. Anyways, getting off topic.

Go for a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, you can reprogram any of the keys to do macros for you, plus its mechanical and its just amazing how much better mechanical switches are. I had a G15 before this and the screen was pretty much useless in actual use.

I hesitate getting a Razer product. Reviews on the net give the impression that their products have a bad habit of breaking more often than other products. I have had good experiences with Logitech as a whole.

Last edited:
I hesitate getting a Razer product. Reviews on the net give the impression that their products have a bad habit of breaking more often than other products. I have had good experiences with Logitech as a whole.

Its a mechanical switch keyboard, the switches are rated for 50,000,000 key presses, the thing feels like its built very well, I can't imagining mine breaking at all. I've had tons and tons of Logitech devices of all sorts break on me, mice, keyboards, remotes. They are good about replacing them though I will say. But definitely go for the Razer keyboard in this case, its about half the price and a way better product.

How do you get game profiles for the G19 or G15? I've only got the default ones and didn't find anything when I looked on google other than one discontinued effort by 1 guy.

Back