G15 driver in Win7 causing games/apps to lock-up.

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
I am having an issue with my G15 that is causing some of my programs and games to lock-up. For example, if i'm playing World of Wacraft, I alt-tab, open up Foobar2000 and start some music, when I alt-tab back into WoW the screen will hiccup for a second then freeze and the only option I have is to bring up task manager and force quit the game.

It seems to be occurring with a mixture of various programs that all use the G15, namely when I have WoW, foobar2000, and Ventrilo all going at the same time (which is quite common).

I used my newer model G15 for ~6 months with Vista64 and did not have any issues. The first time I tried using it with Windows7 was in July right after I installed the RTM. They only had Vista64 drivers so I installed those. I experienced the issues I listed above and un-installing the G15 drivers fixed the problem. I assumed it was due to them not having Windows7 drivers yet.

Yesterday I looked and saw that they had Windows7 drivers, so I installed them again only to have the same problem occur.

Any idea why this is the case or how I can fix it? I actually almost never use the screen and don't really care about it much which is why I've been running with no G15 drivers for quite a while but I do actually have a macro or two that I'd like to use and it seems to require the driver for that.

I have been having a similar problem, unless I disable all the logitech keyboard stuff in msconfig the keyboard lags in firefox. Which means that I can't use the volume dial when playing games, which is annoying.

Maybe we should try setting those files to some sort of compatibility mode. I am gonna try this now and see if it fixes the lag issue. I never had the problem until I switched over to Windows 7. So maybe Vista SP2 compatibility will work fine.

Well I give up. I tried setting all three programs to Vista SP2, SP1, and regular Vista compatibility with no luck. I even tried running the programs as administrator and it still lags on me, like the keyboard can't keep up with the keystrokes.

Looks like I will just run it with no drivers like I have been until Logitech fixes their Windows 7 drivers.

Back