G.Skill Phoenix Pro 60GB SSD (Sandforce) - $59.99 FS @ Newegg.com

There's another thread about this, I don't know who was first. But I bought one, too cheap to pass it up.

I got one! Cost me $14 after newegg store credit, and paypal balance.

Ugh. Was gonna go check neweggs new deals at 3am like I usually do, but the internet was acting up and my phone was off. Just missed it.

However, this makes me hopeful. This is the best ssd price I've seen, so hopefully there will be some more one dollar per gig sales coming up for black friday or cyber monday.

My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw that price. I was getting ready to buy 4 when I saw they were sold out. Such an amazing price.

Does this drive support trim? I can't find anywhere that says it does?

Now what should I use it in? My desktop has a ssd, but I would put my games on it. Or should I put it in my laptop which has some slow 5400rpm drive. Laptop I dont use much though.

Damn...missed it. Had just checked [H]ot Deals and did some work...was browsing here and saw the posts above...oh well.

I was lucky to see this on slickdeals when it was posted. I got 4 of them :D

one for main pc, one for notebook and 1 each for my brothers.. got some christmas shopping done already lol

I had my hook with my bait but it got away before I could cast my efforts... :(

Hot deal. I hope this one comes back.

Shitballs I would have been in for a quick 5.. 1 for my server & 4 to make a fast as raid 0 is my gaming rig.

Thats by far the hottest deal I have seen on an ssd yet.

One of the best deals i ever missed...

Same! I am so P-O'd...but...hopeful at the same time for more great deals!

Question...if anyone can answer...are there any complications from making a RAID0 setup from SSD's? I've heard something about 'garbage collecting' but have yet to research.

I don't need a lot of space b/c all my crap is on a server so, main machine is just programs/games. So 2-3 60GB RAID0 would work fine for me.

was looking at the feedback on the drive wtf is up with this from customer service?

why can only a Intel based pc get the best speeds off this drive? what does the cpu have to do witht he drive speed ?

Pros: Just bought this bad boy and wow its fast, and more reliable then quad raid 0. Just about the same speed though.

Cons: Gives me a 7.2 rating when I first installed. After one week it went to 6.9. Thinking about installing a second one. Transfer speed IDK about I used the quad raid 0 western digital black 7200 rpm hdd and transfer a file around 120mb/s write. So I expected faster, but did not seem to get those speeds on large file transfers.

Other Thoughts: Worth every penny but dual or quad raid and your system would be unstoppable! Boots in about 6 secs after bios.
Specs
Windows 7 64bit
DDR 3 1600 mhz
Quad core 3.4ghz AMD
8tb of space

Manufacturer Response:
Dear Customer

Thank you for your G.Skill purchase and review. You are experiencing the similar speeds because your AMD platform can not support the SSDs maximum performance. Only an Intel platform can reach our announced specifications as you have experienced, it is still much faster than a standard HDD.

Especially if you RAID SSD drives, the performance will be much greater. If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to contact us directly.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

Quality and customer service are our top priorities.

Tech Support Email: [email protected]
RMA Dept Email: [email protected]
G.Skill Forum: http://www.gskill.us/forum/

Wow really? I've had Win 7 on my 50GB Vertex 2 since it was purchased new in June and it still scores 7.6. MSI 890FXA-GD70 using AMD's 10.9 AHCI driver. I know Intel's AHCI drivers are better but not that much better lol.

I wouldn't be too upset as I am sure this will be the standard price in the next few months.

ew.

"Apparently, G.SKILL uses SI measurements, so you end up with about 56 GB formatted capacity." - from newegg review

missed but its $1/GB this suggest a good outlook for black friday.

Back