func 1030 Limited Edition mouse pad review

rondocap

Limp Gawd
Today I recieved my func 1030 limited edition mouse pad from Newegg. I am using an mx518, and soon a plasma diamondback.

I was previously using a Rat Padz, but my mx518 was just not tracking well enough on that pad with its rougher plastic surface. This func pad is expensive, about $50, but I think it is well worth it. It has two surfaces and slides much easier then the Rat Padz, but the most important thing for me is the accuracy it provides. I noticed a definite improvement in accuracy, and I tested it out with Wc3 and BF2 a good deal, along with normal browsing.

I have not tried the standard func 1030, so I wonder how much better this limited edition is?

I never understood on why to pay so much for a mouse pad, I just got my Everglide Giganta for $3 from gamerzstuff.com works good.

func 1030 owns, i love it compared to the ratzpad which wears out too quick, is too thick, and has bad form factor via the inward rounded edge which exposes my wrist to the sharp edge of my desk so I had to turn it upside down, bleh.. as for the limited edition, if you have money to burn then why not but that is pretty damn expensive just to have a metal version

I have the fUnc 1030 limited edition and I really like it, but I have used a cloth pad for ever. I think you will like it.

rondocap said:
Today I recieved my func 1030 limited edition mouse pad from Newegg. I am using an mx518, and soon a plasma diamondback.

I was previously using a Rat Padz, but my mx518 was just not tracking well enough on that pad with its rougher plastic surface. This func pad is expensive, about $50, but I think it is well worth it. It has two surfaces and slides much easier then the Rat Padz, but the most important thing for me is the accuracy it provides. I noticed a definite improvement in accuracy, and I tested it out with Wc3 and BF2 a good deal, along with normal browsing.

I have not tried the standard func 1030, so I wonder how much better this limited edition is?

The standard func 1030 is almost the same. Only difference, is that the outside part of the pad is made out of aluminum, while the standard 1030, is made out of rubber. the surface that the mouse actually uses, is the same for the limited and standard.

dnt94civic said:
The standard func 1030 is almost the same. Only difference, is that the outside part of the pad is made out of aluminum, while the standard 1030, is made out of rubber. the surface that the mouse actually uses, is the same for the limited and standard.

Holy crap. $30 for an aluminum base pad is quite a lot. I just got a func 1030 a couple weeks ago. My kpd in CS:S literally doubled. Now I'm 3:1 vs 1.5:1. My old max payne mousepad couldn't keep up.

I LOVE my func pad! :D

I don't think the surface of both of the Func pads are the same. It would be silly to have a pad that costs $30 more just for a metal casing! The actual surface is what is different, which is why it is more expensive.

Banko said:
I never understood on why to pay so much for a mouse pad, I just got my Everglide Giganta for $3 from gamerzstuff.com works good.
its called extra sensory dexterity :D ...some need 100+mgz refresh on their monitor and the best mouse and pad going, some use a $2 mouse and a desktop. I've never seen the later setup do better than the 1st. my hand/eye sees it, don't yours?

rondocap said:
I don't think the surface of both of the Func pads are the same. It would be silly to have a pad that costs $30 more just for a metal casing! The actual surface is what is different, which is why it is more expensive.

Replace "silly" with "good business sense", and you're getting close. :)

rondocap said:

Well, you can check it out here:

Func 1030 Limited Edition

It says it "incorporates the award winning sUrface1030 double-sided surface"

I just ordered up a Banshee pad and anxiously await to get it. I am tired of my mouse feet and the center of my mousepad wearing out all the time. I figured if I buy a aluminum pad now.. I will never have to replace it again.. justifying some of the cost. Same with mousefeet. I also liked that it was anodized aluminum and I could get my name laser engraved in it. It also comes in a choice of colors.

I actually tried to buy the func mba a couple times the last 2 days.. but both times I put it in my basket at newegg .. I had second thoughts about spending $45 on a mousepad and by the time I submitted.. they were sold out. lol. I didn't like the fact that you are spending money on the "billet mousepad holder" with the MBA tho. The mouse pad itself is same as the $17 one on newegg.... so I decided to get the Banshee after pondering a while. Another thing is that it's seemed small.. I like a wide mousepad and the banshee is 14" wide. It was between the banshee and speedpad 4s for me... I know there are some caveats about metal pads.. but they don't bother me. The teflon Ulti-Mat looked cool too.

I have a func pad but its wayyyy too small. Too small for games at least. I use a 17"x14" fatal1ty pad for games. Much more precise movements and aim in game, considering I dont have to lift my mouse at all. I dont use super low sens either.

How big is the fUnc 1030? or the 1030 Limited Edition? I've heard really good things about the icemat, I was wondering how they compare to the 1030? I've had my mousepad about 5 years now, I think its time to upgrade my Start Wars Episode 1 mousepad lol....its pretty smooth though ;)

theNoid said:
my fUnc cost me $20.. I don't know why you paid $50.

that's because you didn't get the same version of the func pad.

I think the size is just fine, and the cord holding is great. It is perfect, and the aluminum base is fantastic, very sturdy. My mx 518 is performing 200% better.

Back