Fujitsu P24W-6 IPS impressions

Tup3x

[H]ard|Gawd
So I finally got this monitor (too bad that I'm not the one who's going to be using it). I'd like to share my experiences about this monitor so far. Firstly, the stand is great and 24" 1920x1200 is pretty much ideal for working with photos and text documents. I'm monitor newbie so take the good in this. :)

I have to say that I was a bit worried since I have two LG TV's with S-IPS panel and they are actually one huge black light bleed and IPS glow is real issue. I can't spot any back light bleeding and the IPS glow is not an issue.

AG coating. Now, I don't really know what's the issue with it and if it makes the surface different but I would say that my own Acer H223HQEbmid has more aggressive one. In any case it's not an issue to me (because I can't seem to spot anything out of ordinary) - I honestly can't say if it's aggressive or not.

Blacks are really nice. Greyscale gradient is completely smooth @ Lagom test site. Darkest black box is visible too when monitor black level is set to 55%. I can see zero banding or dithering in any gradient or dark colour. Fujitsu specs says that this is 8-bit panel and it might very well be true. While H223HQEbmid shows completely smooth greyscale gradient, light grey is no where as good and blacks are clearly dithered and look off compared to this monitor (even the darkest boxes @ Lagom test site are completely solid without any dithering - everything is solid).

It looks like the gamma is pretty much 2.2 without any tweaking (except black level 50%->55%). I've yet to calibrate the colours, brightness and such with Spyder3Pro but the factory 6500K seems to be rather accurate (tiny bit too much red probably). Contrast is impressive, I really mean it. This shows colour detail I never knew were there, damn TN displays.

But in any case, bloody hell my game screenshot collection look zillion times better that what they do on my H223HQEbmid. Colours pop nicely yet they are not oversaturate. So natural looking.

I can't notice any input lag and while it's not as fast as H223HQEbmid, ghosting is not an issue at all. Super suitable for gaming in my opinion.

All in all I really like this monitor, it was worth it (~430€). I hope this doesn't sound overly positive but I really love this display.

I hope you can get something out of this.

Last edited:
It does have 8-bit panel indeed (LM240WU7-SLA1), no wonder. I've never seen HP ZR24w live but I have a hunch that this Fujitsu has better quality control. It does have higher contrast ratio according to Prad.de. P24W-6 IPS seems to be somewhat cheaper here in Finland that in the UK for example, for some reason (even including our monstrous 23% VAT).

But anyway, I'm looking forward to next wave of good 23" 1080p displays since I prefer those over 24" 1920x1200 displays.

Last edited:
Back