FTW3 or UDR3 or P6x58D-E

Patonb

Gawd
Well, i was prertty much gonna get a p6x58d-e but stupid newegg has put the ftw3 on for 264.99 and evga has a 30mir, so eventually it'll come out to about 240.

Yha i don't need the ftw3 features, but at the price is it a better option thahn a x58d-e and ud3r?

thanks

See the big huge cooler on the chipset of the ftw3.... if you are wanting ot use a decent size air cooler on that board you are going to have issues.

I have the x58d-e and really like it since they finally fixed the BIOS issues.

The ud3r has more SATA ports and has a decent layout.

I'm very torn between the ud3r and x58d-e.

I have a noctua nh-d14, so its big, but will fit the ftw3.

I plan on 3 yrs again before board change, and do plan a 4Ghz + oc, and will/do fold 24/7.

I hate mobo selection!

I would go with the SABERTOOTHX58 awesome board, solid bios and strong VRM design for high current sustained load.

Additionally it is the only board out to currently offer a 5 year warranty. If you really think you need 3 way support the -E is an awesome board with a solid and mature bios.
If you are really look for a higher end board designed for strong OC scaling and sustained heavy load consider Rampage III Formula ( featuring a digital VRM, special high amperage chokes and Intel Lan! )

Across the board though you will not have issues run 4GHz on the boards the question will be ensuring your CPU will alot for the scaling up to that speed. With the cooling option you have noted it should not be an issue.

I would strongly recommend though you do not go the route most users do and DO NOT use LLC this will allow you to use the Intel VDROOP spec and maintain lower consistent temperatures which especially for folding environment is a big plus.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

The sabertooth is only x16/x8/x8

As I'm a 3yr plan, i want atleast a 16/16/whatever. It'll be a folding card that would ever go in the 3rd spot.

My one draw back of the px58d-e is the lack lof usb back panels spots, else it look great.

I have a FTW3 board with a Thermalright Venomous X-RT heatsink/fan on it. So the northbridge cooler doesn't really block all huge air coolers.

To close out the thread, I grabbed a ud3r as i found one for $209cdn. Now if ++++ takes the price matching... Yeeeeehaw.

Thanks to all who gave me opinions.

Hello Patonb,

Best of luck with the board and to clarify

All X58 boards without a NF200 are 16x8x8 this includes the UD3R ( unless they very low in cost and do not have a quick switch implemented )

When in 2 way configurations all X58 boards run 16x16 including the SABERTOOTH.

Please enjoy the rest of your day and good luck on the build.

Thanks for the info... that i didn't know... I did know 16/8/8 but didn't know the 16/16/1

Had the p6x58d-e had more usb on the panel, I woulda went asus, but nope it didn't.

Back