FT03-MINI & ATX PSU - can it be done

Pjalchemist

Limp Gawd
Can it be done?

I have a 680GTX and i7 3770K which is OC'd to a nice solid 5.1Ghz under water.

The watercooling is external. The GFX is about to go under water as well all in the same loop.

A 450w will not really be man enough for the job, so can a 600w ATX PSU be modded to fit?

There's no problem drilling 5 holes and hanging a larger PSU in there. But it'll sit right over the motherboard, so how much clearance does your CPU waterblock need?

Out of curiousity: which external cooling solution are you planning? Do you have the case already?

I wonder if you could find and fit an sg07 psu into it. They're 600w

Where can I get the PSU from

There's no problem drilling 5 holes and hanging a larger PSU in there. But it'll sit right over the motherboard, so how much clearance does your CPU waterblock need?

Out of curiousity: which external cooling solution are you planning? Do you have the case already?

WC height is pretty good. CPU Block is a DT Sniper. The bottom 140mm fan will be ket and blow right over the mobo etc.

It's my own build on the WC

HW Labs Black Ice 560GTX
2X 30mm deep shrouds
8X Yate loon 140mm
Mudgey Radstand
8X 140mm fan guards

I do have 8x 140mm filters to add as well

I have a custom fan controler for it and currently just had some alu plate cut for 8 120mm fans as hutning for some Deltas for outside benching.

Here are some photos

Rad1.jpg

Rad2.jpg

Rad3.jpg

Just ordered my case. Awaiting delivery now.

Mean time anyone got one and a spear ATX psu able to take some photos for me to toy around with?

I'll chime in to concur that this is going to be the key.

I would also encourage you to find the highest efficiency, lowest power PSU that you can reasonably use. The PSU will restrict air flow through the case, and (depending on the fan setup) may also exhaust warm air right onto the motherboard.

I don't have a ruler on me but it looks like that it'll overlap the expansion slots. You'll also have to disassemble the top button io so you'll need a way to start your machine.

Back