FT needs the same CPU!

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
DAMMIT!!!!!:mad: I thought the EVC stuff would take care of this. Looks like for FT you have to have the exact same CPU on each host.

I get this error when i tried to turn FT on.

Host CPU is incompatible with the virtual machine's requirements mismatch detected for these features: CPU does not match

From VMware:

FT requires that the hosts for the Primary and Secondary VMs use the same CPU model, family, and stepping. Enable FT on a virtual machine registered to a host with a matching CPU model, family, and stepping within the cluster. If no such hosts exist, you must add one. This error also occurs when you attempt to migrate a fault tolerant virtual machine to a different host.

It's doing synchronous logging of CPU and memory tasks so they have to be identical. Not worth the hassle to upgrade CPUs for this, really. Go watch my video demo and you'll see it work. Rarely ever see it used in production right now...everyone is waiting on the SMP compatible version.

It's doing synchronous logging of CPU and memory tasks so they have to be identical. Not worth the hassle to upgrade CPUs for this, really. Go watch my video demo and you'll see it work. Rarely ever see it used in production right now...everyone is waiting on the SMP compatible version.

Yeah, i watched your video and a bunch of others. I think it is pretty cool and wanted to play with it for myself. I guess it is really easy to do anyways.

Is there anything else that requires identical CPU's? if FT is it then an upgrade is definitely not needed.

FT is really it, and it's just not that useful. A 10gbe link just for FT? no one wants to burn that.

I got FT to work on a cluster with a Q8400 on one host and a Q9400 on the other host, successfully setup and tested. I guess it depends on how different the chips are.

I got FT to work on a cluster with a Q8400 on one host and a Q9400 on the other host, successfully setup and tested. I guess it depends on how different the chips are.

Those are probable the same chips just different clocks?

Back