FS: Top End Dual Opteron System, Parhelia, 18" LCD, 24u rack, '85 volvo 740T (modded)

Machupo

Gravity Tester
Top End Dual Opteron System:

- Tyan S2882 Dual Opteron motherboard (with dual memory, up to 8 sticks) - Mobo Details
- 2x AMD Opteron 248 Processors w/ retail heatsinks/fans
- 8x Corsair CMX512RE-3200LLPT memory modules, 4GB total ($187 per stick on pricewatch)
- PC Power & Cooling 510-XE power supply - PSU Details

pricewatch price for the above is $3418 plus quite a bit in shipping... i'll sell it to you for $3000 shipped

MAJOR PRICE DROPS & PARTING OUT:

If I can find a buyer for each part, I will part this opteron system out
Tyan S2882 Mobo - $325 shipped
PC Power and Cooling 510-XE - $175 shipped
2x Opteron 248 procs - $550 each, $1000 for both
Corsair memory - $175 for 1, $325 for 2, $625 for 4, and $1200 for all 8 (all prices shipped)

--

- Mitsubishi Diamondpoint NX85 18" LCD -- great for gaming - LCD Details - $350 + shipping (comes w/ VGA cable) (PRICE DROPPED TO $325)
- Matrox Parhelia 128mb video card - $150 shipped (PRICE DROPPED TO $125 SHIPPED) -- PENDING
- 2x Western Digital 7200rpm PATA hdd's, 60gb - $60 shipped each (DROPPED TO $55 EACH OR $100 FOR BOTH SHIPPED)
- APW 24U Aluminum Frame Rack w/ all bolts and 6x 2U shelves - $200 + shipping (DROPPED TO $150 + SHIPPING)

- Box of random stuff I found in my closet... $100 + shipping (DROPPED TO $90 + SHIPPING)
included in said random box:
2 Belkin KVM switches w/ all cables (ps2 & vga)
3 GF2 MX 200 PCI 32mb vid cards
1 Black Logitech Elite Keyboard (USB)
1 White Microsoft Internet Keyboard (PS/2)
1 Red Rounded ATA cable
1 3.5" floppy drive
1 Intel Inbusiness 8 port hub
1 RCA VGA/HDTV adapter
A couple Antec 80mm fans
1 Copper socket A heatsink w/ HO fan
Tons of ethernet cables, speaker cables, others etc...

--

1985 Volvo 740T Wagon
This thing has a radically modified interior / electrical system. It was a project car on the way to becoming a full on rally beast (or something... hah). At any rate, the interior and electrical systems were professionally re-engineered, the car has lost a ton of weight from stock trim, and it looks awesome All you would need were some performance mods and suspension mods and you'd have quite the nice brick! At any rate, I'm putting this here because I want it to go to a home that it will get some loving from, not some random ebayer. The Brick runs GREAT in its current form, no fixing up necessary, but if you want to rally her, i'd recommend some bilsteins and ipd sways

http://www.perfidy.net/images/volvo/index.htm

The Volvo is located in Washington DC (zip 20008), and is available for pickup @ $3000/obo.

Thanks in advance! PM with any questions or post here.

All bumps appreciated

Notice: I will be moving from 10 DEC to 12 DEC, so if I don't respond immediately to PM's, that is why

oh, and all the stuff (other than the volvo) is located in zip code 71446 (Louisiana) -- so i'll give nice discounts to anyone who wants to come over from east texas and pick up (or we can meet in the middle :D)

That is a pretty sweet system. Was that originally a server, since IIRC that board has no agp slot? Maybe one of these days I can get 4GB in my dual 246's.

yep, i was originally using it to test out the win2k3 x86-64 beta package and also do a bit of work on novel protein design... it's got an on-board vid source, but yeah, it's only good for 2d

as for parting it out... sorry, can't do that on the opteron system... i'm selling it because i feel ashamed at having a good system around doing nothing (just moved, so i had to break down all of my systems, now i've got new orders, so it looks like i'll be moving again and won't be back for a while ;) )

partial trades... hrmm... unless you're into 350Z performance modifications, i dunno...

i am looking for a couple 1GB SODIMM chips for my Inspiron 8600 and my powerbook... errr, other than that, i don't think i can help ya, sorry!

lol... let me tell you a little story about doing 400 hours of community service one summer (a deal so it wouldn't be on my record and thus invalidate my scholarship)... haha... but occifer, i was only going 72 in a 55...... 72 over :eek:

as for the performance modifications, it's for the most part stock, if you've ever modded your car a bit (or tried to race it with passengers) you notice what a bit of weight can do to screw up your acceleration... this thing is 500+ pounds less than stock...

that and it's just asking for some cheap mods (volvo mods such as exhausts/cams/bigger turbos are quite a bit cheaper than the ones i've got on my Z)... i originally wanted to put an LS6 in there (yes, they'll fit... espeicially since the battery has been moved to the back)... that would be pretty ridiculous ;)

kick ass server bump?

maybe the HardForum needs an upgrade? Kyle? :p

oh, the parhelia is retail, by the way, so it's the faster speed :p

up to the top -- might be the last week to pick up for you east texas types (houston, dfw, austin, etc...) -- looks like i'm moving :cool:

Barn burner deal... take everything except the volvo for $3250 if you can pick up in 71446 zip code :D

ok, major price drop time, see the top post for new prices

Bump because I am interested in the both CPUs and some ram, but gotta raise more cash.
If you are interested in a SFF HTPC to lower the price, LMK.
Otherwise, free bump while I keep trying to sell stuff.

P.S. Are you willing to ship first to established traders?

i guess it all comes down to heat ;) -- i've got quite a bit myself :D

Are you still willing to part the system? I'd be interested in the PCP&C PSU, as it looks like it will work in a standard atx board. Looks like you're about 3 hours from Houston, so I'd most likely opt for shipping if you want to sell.

yep, i'll part it if I can find buyers for all pieces

i'm moving to VA beach on saturday, so i might be shipping from there ;)

thanks,
-nick

how much do you want for the box of closet detritus if you take out the switches? i couldn't possibly use them but the rest is worth a little to me... it'd be worth more but all i got is a little :D

and don't mind my calling it "detritus" i'm just being my usual wise@$$ self.

lol, no prob -- detritus is pretty close to exactly what it is :p

how does $50 + shipping sound?

lmk ;)

Machupo said:
i guess it all comes down to heat ;) -- i've got quite a bit myself :D

Does that mean you will or wont ship first? :)
Meanwhile, free bump, as I have sold a lot of items and am saving cash while I watch this thread. :)

yep, i value heat quite a bit, so if you've got 'em i have no problems shipping first.

honestly, i can't remember... i did put a dawes device / porsche bov on it though, and cranked the wastegate a bit... so a bit over stock... i'll probably move it down to VA Beach when i get there next week and start playing with it again... i'm seriously considering keeping it now and swapping in a T04E and a B234F head :D

moved to virginia beach (well, hampton at any rate) -- so new shipping location or if you're closer to pick up ;)

Back